Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bay Breeze

LOTTELLEE WINNA

11 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

When were you supposed to stay there?

September 1st until 18th.

1 minute ago, hggcraig said:

September 1st until 18th.

Thank You. I'm booked in there in July, that's why I asked. 

good timing for me, i've booked a room over NYE there. mostly as a backup, but prices were amazing and fully refundable and now maybe i even get fully refurnished rooms? :)

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

After reading this, I'm confident that this is going to be the best place to go to for my first trip. I only hope they are open early/mid December.

I've shot them an email to see if they'll be open.. when I hear back I'll let them know.

From my understanding, the best/quietest rooms are the highest ones with a patio=... if they are going to be open, that is going to be what I will ask for

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A little observational update on the BB from precovid to now. 

Currently the all you can eat buffet breakfast is not happening. The hotel manager explained they don’t have enough kitchen staff at the moment, they also aren’t doing any room service. This should hopefully return later this year. 

The carpet in the hallway on my floor is in horrible condition, I’m guessing this will be fixed when they close temporarily for planned updates this year (not sure of the dates, someone else posted about it). 

Room condition is the same as before, in my suite they’ve updated the two TV’s to new Smart ones so you can access your own Netflix & Prime accounts on the TV’s. This is a really good improvement IMHO. 

Staying here at the moment. Staff told me that renovations being delayed and that they now schedule to close on January 10, 2023 and to open up again in April 2023.

2 hours ago, Tarpon said:

Staying here at the moment. Staff told me that renovations being delayed and that they now schedule to close on January 10, 2023 and to open up again in April 2023.

Thanks for posting this, my next booking in Dec / January has a check out date of Jan 11. I went down and asked the ladies about this and they said it would not be a problem. The impression I got was if a booking runs into the 11th or possibly 12th / 13th then you can still keep it. 

22 hours ago, Tarpon said:

When I checked for early April. No availability so this may be so

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Closed during "High Season".

Really?

I like BB, but wonder why ? maybe not busy. Not many forward bookings?

But I've been very happy at BB over many trips.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

3 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Closed during "High Season".

Really?

I like BB, but wonder why ? maybe not busy. Not many forward bookings?

But I've been very happy at BB over many trips.

Very busy when I was last there a couple of months ago. 50/50 Indians and “shaggers”

very disappointed as I’d only just discovered it and was very happy with my new “pattaya home”

bad news for Hemingway’s, too 

Edited by Gonetothedogs

4 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

very disappointed as I’d only just discovered it and was very happy with my new “pattaya home”

bad news for Hemingway’s, too 

Yep.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

the real high season is a couple of weeks. it drops off fast in january. opening early april is just in time for songkran bookings

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Checked in yesterday, was chatting with the manager and she told me they have delayed the planned renovations due to start January 10 to now commence on May 3rd and they plan on being shut until early August (can’t for the life of me remember the day). 

As has previously been posted they really need to do this renovation to the public areas. The hallway carpets are now threadbare (seem even more than what they were in October) and giving off a less than 1 star hotel appearance so anyone booking up until May be aware of this. 

That being said, my suite is still great, not sure about the other rooms but I’m as always very happy to be staying here, great staff, awesome location, still feels like my second home. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dr No said:

(can’t for the life of me remember the day). 

there's a flyer in the elevator that shows the exact dates. at least there was a week ago :) 

as you know, i stayed in the same room (well, actually the other suite, but they're identical according to you). i agree with you, great room, good service. cleaning stuff was top, always topped me up to 4 towels and arrived quickly when i asked them to.  

imho the only clear downside: the pool gets close to 0 sun, at least this time of the year. you get sun in one corner of the pool between maybe 12.45pm to 1.30pm or so.  that's it. through a small gap between two buildings. for me that's close to a deal breaker for future visits. i like to wake up and relax at the pool and soak in some sun. 
i know that's  not top of the list for most BMs here, but it adds a lot of quality of life to me. 

you get ton of sun on your balcony of course, which is great. 

the 2nd thing that sucked: the suite has two large balconies, but one is completely empty and has simply nothing on it. why not put a nice lounge chair or sun bed there? that would cost them like $20 and would add a ton of value. i've asked them, they just shrudded their shoulders. 

maybe your room has something on the bed room balcony, mine didn't. 

and of course no gym, which i didn't realise until i was there. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

17 hours ago, petehoax said:

there's a flyer in the elevator that shows the exact dates. at least there was a week ago :) 

as you know, i stayed in the same room (well, actually the other suite, but they're identical according to you). i agree with you, great room, good service. cleaning stuff was top, always topped me up to 4 towels and arrived quickly when i asked them to.  

imho the only clear downside: the pool gets close to 0 sun, at least this time of the year. you get sun in one corner of the pool between maybe 12.45pm to 1.30pm or so.  that's it. through a small gap between two buildings. for me that's close to a deal breaker for future visits. i like to wake up and relax at the pool and soak in some sun. 
i know that's  not top of the list for most BMs here, but it adds a lot of quality of life to me. 

you get ton of sun on your balcony of course, which is great. 

the 2nd thing that sucked: the suite has two large balconies, but one is completely empty and has simply nothing on it. why not put a nice lounge chair or sun bed there? that would cost them like $20 and would add a ton of value. i've asked them, they just shrudded their shoulders. 

maybe your room has something on the bed room balcony, mine didn't. 

and of course no gym, which i didn't realise until i was there. 

All valid points mate, I guess since I’m from a warm climate country with high melanoma rates where protecting yourself from the sun is drilled into us early on I’m happy to not be laying out in it :)

I never use the bedroom balcony as I prefer the living room one as it’s got a slightly better view but I can see your point for sure. 

One thing for anyone coming to the Bay Breeze soon, the vacant lot across and up a little on the Soi that the BB used as a car park is now a construction site. From the sounds of things they’ve just started with Piling so there’s a fair amount of noise from early in the morning. Rooms facing Soi Honey will notice this, rooms facing Soi Diana, which what my room does, seem unaffected. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Reopening tomorrow. (As per Hemingway’s on FB)

IMG_5992.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 hours ago, davidge said:

Reopening tomorrow. (As per Hemingway’s on FB)

IMG_5992.jpeg

Thanks for the update @davidgeI'm reserved for November and every YT I watched for Soi Honey showed it still coverd up.  You saved me from worry.

2 hours ago, splitpin said:

Hope they got rid of the lingering spirit in the "chopping room"

Hehehe: It is funny how some Thai girls react when you tell them about room #805...

Taken outside today. I didn’t have a chance to go in but as a frequent stayer for years I’m very interested to have a good look around and see what they’ve done. 
I’ll try going back over there tomorrow and get some pics. 

IMG_2757.jpeg

IMG_2758.jpeg