IGNORED

Bay Breeze

LOTTELLEE WINNA

On 13/12/2018 at 18:55, raviinc said:

Planning to stay at this hotel during my forthcoming visit. I want to know which is better, the standard balcony or the deluxe balcony and which of these have the Soi honey view. One more question can we request for a particular room number on Agoda or Expedia. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you make a booking on Agoda, there’s the option of room request (not sure about Expedia). You can ask for a particular room when doing the booking but there’s no certainty it will be accepted. 

You can always book directly with the hotel and email your request directly to them. 

After my first stay, all subsequent reservations have been made directly with the hotel, they always confirm and give me the same suite every time. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2018 at 07:26, Autoroam said:

Im like that too...so I usually call the hotel fm bkk airport and ask them to clear the refrigerator of everything except the free water.

hmmmm....there must be a way to work around this....maybe a tip

or see navid navid

• Haha 1

On 15/12/2018 at 22:45, Dr No said:

When you make a booking on Agoda, there’s the option of room request (not sure about Expedia). You can ask for a particular room when doing the booking but there’s no certainty it will be accepted. 

You can always book directly with the hotel and email your request directly to them. 

After my first stay, all subsequent reservations have been made directly with the hotel, they always confirm and give me the same suite every time. 

I just booked Bay Breeze for Mar 30 and requested the same room from last trip.  Got an Agoda email the next day saying my request was granted.  Seems if you give them enough notice it wont be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/12/2018 at 00:55, raviinc said:

Planning to stay at this hotel during my forthcoming visit. I want to know which is better, the standard balcony or the deluxe balcony and which of these have the Soi honey view. One more question can we request for a particular room number on Agoda or Expedia.  Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have seen deluxe is much better.  Non balcony deluxe rooms face soi honey.

• Like 1

Stayed at the BB many times over the years.. just to add there’s is a laundry shop, ATM/Money exchange, massage and a 7/11 all within 30 seconds walk from the hotel lobby  :Good_One: I would say the hotel pool is more a dipping pool than swimming as it’s on the small side.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice, booked this place a few weeks ago and will check in on the 15th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orgynizer said:

How about construction work noise from "The Edge"? Is it loud in the Bay Breeze now? 

Stayed there last month (March), didn't hear any construction noise. Room was on the Soi Honey side, don't know if that made a difference.

My least favorite feature of the hotel was the bathroom. It was outdated with a shower/bathtub combo. Didn't know what a bum gun before my first visit to Thailand last year. But was dissappointed the bathroom didn't have one. The price was right and the location was pretty good.

Les

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I assume this place is guest friendly?

1 hour ago, Jwelgr said:

I assume this place is guest friendly?

A very popular place with BM's which it wouldn't be if it wasn't GF.

• Like 2

I'm thinking of staying at BB during my upcoming trip. One thing that concerns me is as mentioned a prior post: the air conditioning blows in your face while laying in bed. 

For reference: I don't like the air flow caused by ceiling fans blowing on me while I sleep. 

How bad is it? Can the air flow be redirected? Will this be a deal breaker for me?

56 minutes ago, johnc57 said:

I'm thinking of staying at BB during my upcoming trip. One thing that concerns me is as mentioned a prior post: the air conditioning blows in your face while laying in bed. 

For reference: I don't like the air flow caused by ceiling fans blowing on me while I sleep. 

How bad is it? Can the air flow be redirected? Will this be a deal breaker for me?

Take a piece of plastic approximately 60cm x 30cm.  Tape it to the aircon unit such that the airflow coming out of it now blows directly downwards.  Weight down the plastic with some objects.  I usually use the clear plastic bag that my laundry is packaged in when it gets returned to me.

4 hours ago, johnc57 said:

I always stay in a 1 bedroom suite at the BB, there’s 2 air con units in the rooms, 1 is in the bedroom, the other in the lounge room. I assume they are the same units that are in each type of room. If so, then you can simply set each unit to direct the air flow horizontally (nearly upwards vertically) so they don’t blow directly onto you. 

I think these pics are from Agoda,different from the junior suite I stayed in last november at Bay Breeze, i think this is the balcony deluxe

407261_15071517050032379087.jpg

407261_16120821190049551360.jpg

407261_16120821190049551373.jpg

407261_16120821190049551377.jpg

Edited by birdhaus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, birdhaus said:

I think these pics are from Agoda,different from the junior suite I stayed in last november at Bay Breeze, i think this is the balcony deluxe

407261_15071517050032379087.jpg

407261_16120821190049551360.jpg

407261_16120821190049551373.jpg

407261_16120821190049551377.jpg

Yea it is.

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Ziplee said:

I have a question, is their a shortcut to LK Metro from the BB?

No, unfortunately. Most direct route is east on Soi Honey then right into Buakhow and right again into LKM.

Edited by Zeb

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

1 hour ago, Ziplee said:

I have a question, is their a shortcut to LK Metro from the BB?

Just as @Zeb said. Five minute walk unless you get distracted walking down Soi Honey. :)

Edited by Rocketboy

Bay Breeze is a good hotel and has superb location at the top of soi Honey.  It’s easy to get to the beach road (after crossing the lethal 2nd road) and not far from Made in Thailand bar complex and LK Metro.  In low season there are great deals there too but then again that can be said for many hotels at that time of the year. 

Thanks folks, I'm trying to decide on a room for my Aug. trip. I can get a standard with Balcony for $33 or Deluxe with balcony for $42.

or I can get LK Metropole for $49

It looks like BB would be good for quick pick up with bar girls on Soi Honey, Metropole has good location for everything... Tough decision, but I have to make it fast, It looks like BB is selling out quick.

Great thread....I’m booked in for March.  Thanks for all the contributions.

1 hour ago, Ziplee said:

Tough decision, but I have to make it fast, It looks like BB is selling out quick.

Snooze, you lose... well the BB room I wanted. sold out while I was booking my flight. I got the last room at Areca, on Agoda, with a decent discount. Around $44. I can compare it with Metropole, the hotel I stayed last trip.

I always got a deluxe corner room higher floors facing the ocean.

Two windows.....one faces the ocean the other faces towards Central Festival. Nice flow of air with them both open

4 hours ago, Ziplee said:

well the BB room I wanted. sold out while I was booking my flight. I got the last room at Areca, on Agoda, with a decent discount. Around $44. I can compare it with Metropole, the hotel I stayed last trip.

If you didn't book direct with the hotel, its worth a try for future trips. (Then again you may have already done that).

Just it sounds 'unusual' for BB or many hotels are booked out already for August next year?

When this happens its more likely that the number of rooms the hotel have made available to Agoda have been booked out, not the entire hotel

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.