Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bay Breeze

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Thanks LW great review. Exactly my experience on my one stay a couple years ago. That pool doesn't quite look near as good as the photo. Stayed a couple nights and moved around the corner to the Maytera on 2nd rd. except for the wifi I liked the Maytera a little better

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

The only things that I would comment on are that the refrigerator is filled with drinks/snacks when you check in, and I like to stow my own stuff in there so I had to take a few things out and just set them on the counter.

Im like that too...so I usually call the hotel fm bkk airport and ask them to clear the refrigerator of everything except the free water.

5 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

the maids seemed a little reluctant to give extra towels

hmmmm....there must be a way to work around this....maybe a tip

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Autoroam said:

Im like that too...so I usually call the hotel fm bkk airport and ask them to clear the refrigerator of everything except the free water.

Yes mate, a small tip to the maid and extra towels were forthcoming.

• Like 1

It’s my favourite hotel in Patts, I usually arrive early and my room is most times not ready.

My usual MO is to go up to the room, find the cleaning lady (usually the same one as I always stay in the same suite) say hello and nice to see you again, I give her a 50 Baht note and say ‘4 towels’. She usually laughs because she knows I always need them but it starts our daily routine of her cleaning when I ask and me tipping her every day. 

It’s good to feel like you’re being taken care of. 

Hope you were not in room 805 lol LOTTELLEE. He chopped her up apparently, use translator to get the story

Mr. Michael, the accused, has murdered Ms. Suwannee or Rattana Patchorn at room number 805 Bay Beach hotel. Pattaya 2nd Road, Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglam

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/212133

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, splitpin said:

Hope you were not in room 805 lol LOTTELLEE. He chopped her up apparently, use translator to get the story

Mr. Michael, the accused, has murdered Ms. Suwannee or Rattana Patchorn at room number 805 Bay Beach Hotel. Pattaya 2nd Road, Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglam

Thankfully it was the floor below we were on. 

However, on the subject of spooky things happening in hotels, here is one for you. A few months ago I went on a road trip. Me, missus and nipper. We also invited my brother-in-law, his missus and nipper + mother-in-law on nannying duties. We drive out of Udon Thani and stop off at the picturesque border town of Chiang Kahn on the banks of the mighty Mekong river. So Mum is left in charge of the kids in the hotel while we go out for an evening meal, but after an hour she calls ‘please come back to the hotel quickly, something terrible happen’.

We get back to find the granny shaking like a leaf, she claimed she had seen an apparition in the room, but not any old ghost, but Pee Lok, the scariest of all Thai spooks....you couldn’t make it up :P

B0269C3F-3381-41CD-8788-88504E2C178B.jpeg

7 hours ago, Autoroam said:

I had the same issue with the towels at the Areca.  Is this the norm in Pattaya hotels?  I ended up going to the night market on 2nd road and buying a few.  Saved me the hassle of asking and getting dirty looks!

Regarding the pool, sounds like its not a suntrap then as it only gets sun in the morning, my last hotel (at mind premier suites hotel) although a nice place in itself had a pool that didnt get sun, it had an overhang similar to the one in the pic, other than that the hotels got a lot going for it with the main attraction (for me) being the location.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dr No said:

It’s my favourite hotel in Patts, I usually arrive early and my room is most times not ready.

My usual MO is to go up to the room, find the cleaning lady (usually the same one as I always stay in the same suite) say hello and nice to see you again, I give her a 50 Baht note and say ‘4 towels’. She usually laughs because she knows I always need them but it starts our daily routine of her cleaning when I ask and me tipping her every day. 

It’s good to feel like you’re being taken care of. 

Location, location, location!

First trip back in 2010 I stayed at the first Sea Me Spring. Stayed there till 2013 then tried Bay Breeze and have been staying since then. Not much comparison with other hotels aside from those two. BB is my favorite it's not the fanciest and I don't care about the pool but the rooms I choose usually the same ones.....are modern enough for me and meet my needs. I especially like the walk in showers. I like 811, 911 corner rooms with windows that face the Gulf and the other facing Soi Honey and all the way up 2nd Rd.

As far as towels, I do the same as you, but the next morning as I get in later in the evening. The only time I don't get four towels is if the regular cleaning lady is off. Even with that she sometimes lets the other ladies know.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Knucklehead303 said:

I had the same issue with the towels at the Areca.  Is this the norm in Pattaya hotels?  I ended up going to the night market on 2nd road and buying a few.  Saved me the hassle of asking and getting dirty looks!

People in Thailand tend to do what they are instructed to do. So 2 towels a room,means 2 towels a room...but, a smile and a small gratuity usually gets you what you want.

It would be a dark day indeed of I asked a maid for extra towels and she extended her palm upwards saying 'TIP'

I don't think its necessary to give a tip whenever you want extra towels...lets not ingrain this bad habit in the housekeepers.

Tip them everyday for their service to clean your room.....Ive found that when you then ask for towels they provide them without protest. FWIW I have even gotten extra towels when I was not in the habit of tipping.

5 hours ago, splitpin said:

Mr. Michael, the accused, has murdered Ms. Suwannee or Rattana Patchorn at room number 805 Bay Beach Hotel. Pattaya 2nd Road, Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglam

Possibly a different hotel, Bay Breeze is on 2nd Rd, Soi 11,

Don’t let any Thai girl know someone was possibly murdered here, they’ll be out the door pretty quick. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Location, location, location!

.......tried Bay Breeze and have been staying since then. Not much comparison with other hotels aside from those two. BB is my favorite it's not the fanciest and I don't care about the pool but the rooms I choose usually the same ones.....are modern enough for me and meet my needs.

Yep. Pretty much the way I see it too, although next trip later this year I'm going to try The Winner Place off Soi Baukhow @ B1000 pn on the weekly rate.

There is a pretty good review up on YouTube about it.

• Like 2

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm checking into the Bay Breeze next Saturday...  will add my experience after check out.

• Like 3

I am booked on BB for 10 days in November. As someone said best location  (between lk and ws).

Definitely will request room at the top floor without much noise

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 22:48, Zeb said:

Yep. Pretty much the way I see it too, although next trip later this year I'm going to try The Winner Place off Soi Baukhow @ B1000 pn on the weekly rate.

There is a pretty good review up on YouTube about it.

Yes, pretty decent serviced apt/hotel with good location right beside D Apartments.  Studio rooms are big at 40 sqm and comfy king beds with decent linen.  No pool or exercise facilities.  I take it you're next trip is less than 30 days because the 17,000 monthly rate is not too bad.(plus utilities)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dirkdeee said:

Yes, pretty decent serviced apt/hotel with good location right beside D Apartments.  Studio rooms are big at 40 sqm and comfy king beds with decent linen.  No pool or exercise facilities.  I take it you're next trip is less than 30 days because the 17,000 monthly rate is not too bad.(plus utilities)

I'll be there in November.

Yes I'm staying less than a month - so I'm paying the weekly rate of 7000 Baht per week, but that includes utilities plus daily maid service.

I'm happy with that.

Those staying a month (defined as 30 days) pay utilities on top of the 17,000 baht during low season as you say and get a maid service twice a week instead of daily - still a good deal imo. Peak season its slightly more I believe.

If they want daily maid service its just a bit more and optional.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Howdy Gents,

8 day stay at the Bay Breeze from Oct 7-15 and I was very impressed.  Check in was after midnight and was super quick.  No deposit was required which was nice.  I had a deluxe balcony room on the 7th floor all the way at the end of the hall away from 2nd road side and it was totaly quiet.  i will absolutely request this same room on my next stay!  Staff was very nice and accommodating

As others have stated, the location is top notch, Walking St BF's were delighted with the 20 meter walk from baht bus to front door!

Bed was as comfortable as i have in 5 star hotels.  light switches for all lights were right at bed which was super nice.  Bathroom was nice with rain shower.  Everything just seemed to be in the spot where you needed it.

The only small complaint was the Air Con is pointed right at the bed and blows straight on you.

Had the breakfast buffet once and it was very good...I'm a fan of Retox so went across the street for breakfast most days.

Overall I actually like Bay Breeze better than the Areca Lodge where i stayed on my first trip.  i will be staying here again on my next trip!

20181012_121600.jpg

20181012_121618.jpg

20181012_121635.jpg

Will stay at BB on each of my next four trips. Reviews are great. Only thing I hate is AC blowing in my face

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Planning to stay at this hotel during my forthcoming visit. I want to know which is better, the standard balcony or the deluxe balcony and which of these have the Soi honey view. One more question can we request for a particular room number on Agoda or Expedia. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

I’m not 100% sure of the difference. I was in a soi Honey facing room and it had a false balcony...ie looked like one, but you couldn’t sit outside. According to TripAdvisor 

Room tip: Rooms booked with a Balcony will be ON the QUIET side!!

• Like 2

I’m not 100% sure of the difference. I was in a soi Honey facing room and it had a false balcony...ie looked like one, but you couldn’t sit outside. According to TripAdvisor 
Room tip: Rooms booked with a Balcony will be ON the QUIET side!!

Thanks, when I check in maybe I’ll request a Soi facing room, I love having a drink and a smoke and see the world passing by.

• Like 1

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

On 14/12/2018 at 03:36, raviinc said:

Thanks, when I check in maybe I’ll request a Soi facing room, I love having a drink and a smoke and see the world passing by.

Good idea to request the above when you make the booking, that way they can have it arranged. Upon checkin it may not be possible.