IGNORED

Baku Guesthouse

Rocky3

I will be staying at the Baku Guesthouse in Pattaya, I know this is a new place but has anyone stayed here yet?

The rooms look great for the price

baku.jpg

• Like 2

I have heared but good things about it and look forward to stay there in the near future, too. Good reviews everywhere so far and the owner is a well known member (in another forum, not sure if he is active here). Only bad things that would come to my mind - for a guesthouse in its location it's a bit more expensive with 1000/night, there is of course no pool (personally no problem for me, never use a pool, but for some people it may be a no-go) and there is no security/ID-check for your guests (so please be sure who you take with you in your room!). Last part can also be a good thing for some people - no one will see your guests :P and a three/foursome will not cost you any additional charge for more guests. Hope you inform us about your stay and what you think about this guesthouse :)

Just booked this place for January. Rooms look as good as a 4* hotel quality but in a guesthouse setting. I'm hoping there is a hotel nearby that I can use their pool. Maybe Areca Lodge will let me use theirs for a small fee or if I buy a drink at their bar??

One thing I don't like the look of in their rooms is the clock above the bed. Can imagine that to be a bit fucking annoying tick tocking above my head when I'm hanging out of my arse after a night of partying. So I'll be asking the owners to remove the batteries upon arrival.

That being said. Does anyone know of any pools close by that I can use? I've heard mikes mall pool is unavailable for a long while?

Also I can't get my head around the location. I've never been down Soi 15 on Buakhao. How easy is it to access LK and Diana behind me? Do I have to walk up to Buakhao then along to LK or is there a cut through to Diana?

1 hour ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

I have heared but good things about it and look forward to stay there in the near future, too. Good reviews everywhere so far and the owner is a well known member (in another forum, not sure if he is active here). Only bad things that would come to my mind - for a guesthouse in its location it's a bit more expensive with 1000/night, there is of course no pool (personally no problem for me, never use a pool, but for some people it may be a no-go) and there is no security/ID-check for your guests (so please be sure who you take with you in your room!). Last part can also be a good thing for some people - no one will see your guests :P and a three/foursome will not cost you any additional charge for more guests. Hope you inform us about your stay and what you think about this guesthouse :)

Can you point me in the direction of the owner please mate? I've just made my booking and have a request to make.

26 minutes ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

That being said. Does anyone know of any pools close by that I can use? I've heard mikes mall pool is unavailable for a long while?

Also I can't get my head around the location. I've never been down Soi 15 on Buakhao. How easy is it to access LK and Diana behind me? Do I have to walk up to Buakhao then along to LK or is there a cut through to Diana?

There is the Nature View hotel at the top of Soi 15, probably the closest, I don't know what their policy is regarding casual access to their pool.

There is a connection from Soi 15 to Soi Diana further down just before the dogleg where Soi 15 hits The Avenue. It takes you to Soi Diana where the Areca Lodge is. I found it very convenient when staying at Premier Inn (now Travelodge) on Soi 15. Won't be much help to you coming from Soi LK though.

@QUIM_SLAYER http://www.ladyboyspattaya.com/user/10009-solice/ is the owner and here: http://www.ladyboyspattaya.com/topic/31041-baku-guest-house/ is his thread about his guesthouse(s)

I also uploaded a little map. If you follow the red path, it will lead you to Soi Diana. The connection between Buakaho 15 and Diana can be fucking scary at night when 5+ dogs come across you on that not really good lighting path.. but no risk, no fun :D If you follow the way along the yellow line, you will get to 2nd Road, you can directly go through The Avenue, even at night. A way better shortcut IMO. Oh and exactly where my GREAT MS Paint skill lines cross, the yellow and red one, there is a 7/11 :D

shortcut.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

@QUIM_SLAYER http://www.ladyboyspattaya.com/user/10009-solice/ is the owner and here: http://www.ladyboyspattaya.com/topic/31041-baku-guest-house/ is his thread about his guesthouse(s)

I also uploaded a little map. If you follow the red path, it will lead you to Soi Diana. The connection between Buakaho 15 and Diana can be fucking scary at night when 5+ dogs come across you on that not really good lighting path.. but no risk, no fun :D If you follow the way along the yellow line, you will get to 2nd Road, you can directly go through The Avenue, even at night. A way better shortcut IMO. Oh and exactly where my GREAT MS Paint skill lines cross, the yellow and red one, there is a 7/11 :D

shortcut.jpg

Excellent mate thanks for taking your time out to help me.

Judging my that over head view it seems quite simple to reach Diana. 

Walking up onto Buakhao and along to Diana seems like the best option. Am I right?

It is as simple as it seems, yes. Walking up onto Buakhao is the best idea if you don't mind the sometimes terrible traffic. Oh and if you enter Soi Diana from Buakhao make sure to stop at least once on your trip at "OZ Burgers" near the corner. They make really good burgers (for my taste at least).

4 minutes ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

It is as simple as it seems, yes. Walking up onto Buakhao is the best idea if you don't mind the sometimes terrible traffic. Oh and if you enter Soi Diana from Buakhao make sure to stop at least once on your trip at "OZ Burgers" near the corner. They make really good burgers (for my taste at least).

Great! Thanks fella. I'll give oz burgers a try!

I'm sure I've been there before is it the stand next to the stand that sells the Indian currys at the top of Diana?

Spaghetti, OZ Burger, Doner/Indian Curry stands right next to each other, you are absolutely right :D And always great to watch the traffic at the Diana/Buakhao/Lenkee intersection :rolleyes: Maybe it's because it's easy to scare me but when i first had to cross that intersection i was thinking i will die right there :rolleyes: After this i never understood how people can be scared to cross 2nd Road or Beach Road - a walk in the park! 

3 minutes ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Spaghetti, OZ Burger, Doner/Indian Curry stands right next to each other, you are absolutely right :D And always great to watch the traffic at the Diana/Buakhao/Lenkee intersection :rolleyes: Maybe it's because it's easy to scare me but when i first had to cross that intersection i was thinking i will die right there :rolleyes: After this i never understood how people can be scared to cross 2nd Road or Beach Road - a walk in the park! 

Haha yes it is a bit hectic and especially risky after a few too many beers. Even in low season it was hectic. This will be my first peak season trip in January and it's hard to imagine the traffic being more hectic than I've seen it before. 

I thought June, July, August and September were rather busy but I'm expecting January to be twice as busy. Hopefully loads more girls arrive in Pattaya to supply the demand :)

The Donner Kebab stand at the top of LK Metro (Buakhao end) Does possibly the best Donner kebabs I've had in my life! Can't wait to stumble back to my room with one.

Thanks for the info guys, I don't tend to use the pool so not having one isn't an issue for me. Interesting that there is no security desk, definitely the venue to pop my 3some cherry :P.

It's pretty normal for a guesthouse that there is no security desk. But in some guesthouses you have to enter the rooms while going through a restaurant area or bar area or something similar so some people will feel uncomfortable doing so. At Baku you enter the different buildings via key card and no one will see with whom or how many girls you will spend the day/night. Of course there is CCTV just in case something goes horribly wrong. So it also a good place to stay if you want to.. try different things.. and dont want that anybody sees you :o:Whistle: Not that anyone would care, just saying.

2 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

It's pretty normal for a guesthouse that there is no security desk. But in some guesthouses you have to enter the rooms while going through a restaurant area or bar area or something similar so some people will feel uncomfortable doing so. At Baku you enter the different buildings via key card and no one will see with whom or how many girls you will spend the day/night. Of course there is CCTV just in case something goes horribly wrong. So it also a good place to stay if you want to.. try different things.. and dont want that anybody sees you :o:Whistle: Not that anyone would care, just saying.

That's just what I'm looking for, I will also be staying in Tweet Tweet Nest just off beach road and apparently their security checks are a little ott. Nothing worse than having to pay a joiner fee to kill the mood.

2 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Especially if you want to 'Experiment' with a couple of ladys from the nearby Baby Boom gogo!:rolleyes:

I’m sure you can use Nature View pool for 200 bhat. I haven’t used it as of yet however a friend did when staying on Soi Lengkee. 

Will drop Nature View an email today and let everyone know,as if you can I’m booking Baku for April.

Joe

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

11 hours ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

Just booked this place for January. Rooms look as good as a 4* hotel quality but in a guesthouse setting. I'm hoping there is a hotel nearby that I can use their pool. Maybe Areca Lodge will let me use theirs for a small fee or if I buy a drink at their bar??

One thing I don't like the look of in their rooms is the clock above the bed. Can imagine that to be a bit fucking annoying tick tocking above my head when I'm hanging out of my arse after a night of partying. So I'll be asking the owners to remove the batteries upon arrival.

I usually stay at the Boomerang across the Soi from Baku and I use the Pool at Vogue hotel just off Soi Lengkee 100baht for the day from memory, If I cant get the room I,m after at Boomerang in Feb I think I will make Baku my next choice they look good.

3 hours ago, Doubleh said:

I usually stay at the Boomerang across the Soi from Baku and I use the Pool at Vogue Hotel just off Soi Lengkee 100baht for the day from memory, If I cant get the room I,m after at Boomerang in Feb I think I will make Baku my next choice they look good.

The soi the Baku- boomerang are on is quickly becoming guesthouse central.

great area.

31 minutes ago, weblo said:

The soi the Baku- Boomerang are on is quickly becoming guesthouse central.

great area.

What' the daily rate for these and will they do a discount for longer stays. 

I’ve stayed there just after it opened and it’s great.  The guys who run it are great, the cleaning lady is great and to be honest you don’t hear the clock.  It’s a good choice.  

£22 a night In April for 13 nights.

Nature View have confirmed you can use their pool for 100 bhat per day. 

24 minutes ago, Joethescot said:

£22 a night In April for 13 nights.

Nature View have confirmed you can use their pool for 100 bhat per day. 

Thanks. Is that UK pound. 

24 minutes ago, Topcat72m said:

Thanks. Is that UK pound. 

Yep.

14 hours ago, Doubleh said:

I usually stay at the Boomerang across the Soi from Baku and I use the Pool at Vogue Hotel just off Soi Lengkee 100baht for the day from memory, If I cant get the room I,m after at Boomerang in Feb I think I will make Baku my next choice they look good.

You might want to rethink your plans and Book now for Baku as there is no comparison in the Rooms Baku is way better than Boomerang and any other Guest House,for a 1,000 baht it's a steal.

I booked for 16 days in March, normally I stay in Soi Lengkee for 700b, good place but it's getting tired and I want to try a new place. I'm hoping it's worth the extra 300b a day. I'll be sure to post up my thoughts either way :)