IGNORED

Baku Guesthouse

Rocky3

how is the internet speeds? this place ticks all the right boxes... but for me internet is a deal breaker. i usually stay at admire guesthouse on soi lengkee (next to retox) mostly because i get 20-30 mbps down. i stream iptv alot. aloha

they call me mr. botolo always down to represent the 808

Yes there is a safe box. 

Not sure about the internet speeds but I never had a problem when using my tablet when browsing websites. 

10 hours ago, charles akana said:

how is the internet speeds? this place ticks all the right boxes... but for me internet is a deal breaker. i usually stay at admire guesthouse on soi lengkee (next to Retox) mostly because i get 20-30 mbps down. i stream IPTV alot. aloha

The internet was good when I stayed, one day it went down, turned out the cable had issues. The management got onto them a technician was there about 1 hour from 8pm. They sorted it out and was back to normal. I used it to watch Stan and Netflix no issue. Remember they have smart TVs in the rooms, so google and YouTube can be watched, they’d wouldn’t provide that if they didn’t have decent speeds, I just never tested the speeds...

• Like 1

Sorry just remembered I did on the day they had an an issue I tested and took a screen shot, please note not them the actual provider. Here is the screen shot from April the 8th....

3550C949-746C-4D28-B137-C5F25E28FB69.png

• Like 2

thanks the speed is good enough... unfortunately they did not have the dates i was looking for this may.. oh well, next time. aloha

they call me mr. botolo always down to represent the 808

Thank you everyone for the information, we are working on getting more marketing materials done in the next week as with our latest menu. 

On 14/05/2018 at 23:49, charles akana said:

thanks the speed is good enough... unfortunately they did not have the dates i was looking for this may.. oh well, next time. aloha

Hope to see you next time. Thank you 

On 14/05/2018 at 03:57, PAT21 said:

Looks good. Is there a safe box inside?CEEC5082-E502-4F3B-84CB-A29743187468.jpeg

yes there is a  safety box in all the rooms 

We have been receiving bookings for the high season steadily, please send your dates at the earliest opportunity to [email protected] to avoid any disappointment. Thank you. 

WE ARE TURNING ONE! Come celebrate with us at Baku Cafe and Bar on Friday 1st June starts 7pm for BIG PARTY!!! FREE FOOD, GREAT MUSIC & LUCKY DRAW! (Complimentary Stay & Dining Vouchers)

1527227727835_Slide1.JPG

Damnit, I'll miss the party by 2 days. :Hair_Out1:

Anyway, just wanted to post here saying that I am very pleased with the way and speed special requests (such as building preference) are responded to. It's always been a #1 gripe of mine when it comes to guesthouses, but Baku delivers top notch service in this regard. :D

Really looking forward to my stay!

On 25/05/2018 at 14:03, Baku Cafe and Guesthouse said:

WE ARE TURNING ONE! Come celebrate with us at Baku Cafe and Bar on Friday 1st June starts 7pm for BIG PARTY!!! FREE FOOD, GREAT MUSIC & LUCKY DRAW! (Complimentary Stay & Dining Vouchers)

1527227727835_Slide1.JPG

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our 1 Year Anniversary Party on the 1st June 2018 will be postponed until after the 9 June because all our partners wants to be in town to be part of this important milestone! Watch out for this space

On 25/05/2018 at 21:51, Sacrilicious said:

Damnit, I'll miss the party by 2 days. :Hair_Out1:

Anyway, just wanted to post here saying that I am very pleased with the way and speed special requests (such as building preference) are responded to. It's always been a #1 gripe of mine when it comes to guesthouses, but Baku delivers top notch service in this regard. :D

Really looking forward to my stay!

You might not missed it after all. Will update as soon as possible. Thank you 

• Book weeks in advance
  • Get confirmation via e-mail (after sending a specific email requesting confirmation)
  • Communicate via this forum and my request is confirmed to stay in Baku 1
  • Two f*cking days before arriving I get a message from booking.com that my reservation is cancelled by Baku

Never again. I take back anything positive I've said. Don't confirm bookings if you can't hold up your end of the bargain. And if you can't help but cancel a stay, don't do it 2 days before your guest arrives.

Luckily, a room opened up at Metro Apartments. A place I know appreciates it's customers.

So, unless Baku literally burned down or something out of your control happened (overbooking is not one of these things), I'm officially calling bullshit on this place.

8 minutes ago, Sacrilicious said:
  • Book weeks in advance
  • Get confirmation via e-mail (after sending a specific email requesting confirmation)
  • Communicate via this forum and my request is confirmed to stay in Baku 1
  • Two f*cking days before arriving I get a message from booking.com that my reservation is cancelled by Baku

Never again. I take back anything positive I've said. Don't confirm bookings if you can't hold up your end of the bargain. And if you can't help but cancel a stay, don't do it 2 days before your guest arrives.

Luckily, a room opened up at Metro Apartments. A place I know appreciates it's customers.

So, unless Baku literally burned down or something out of your control happened (overbooking is not one of these things), I'm officially calling bullshit on this place.

same same  here :(

Hopefully the Baku representative will respond shortly with an explanation of what happened & why

Edited by jaynewcastle

Its to do with new guesthouse rules in Thailand.

Out of Baku's hands at the minute i would think.

3 hours ago, PBear66 said:

Its to do with new guesthouse rules in Thailand.

Out of Baku's hands at the minute i would think.

if that is the case , and i have no reason to think otherwise , it is going to be shockingly difficult for a business like baku with so many rooms/buildings to survive . i personally wish management the best .

I'm sorry its a piss take. no one from Baku, has made any comment on the situation, I  have a room that has also been canceled. I'm there in 3 weeks ffs. i have booked direct and rooms available for 2 weeks

27 minutes ago, Tonygoole said:

I'm sorry its a piss take. no one from Baku, has made any comment on the situation, I  have a room that has also been canceled. I'm there in 3 weeks ffs. i have booked direct and rooms available for 2 weeks

Scott,the owner of Sensations ladyboy bar and a partner in Baku,did comment on the PattayaLadyboys forum but quickly deleted his reply. 

He doesn't normally delete his own comments (approaching 10,000 posts so far over there!) so perhaps he isn't ready to go public yet with clarification. He is certainly aware that there are legal issues with bookings.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

6 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

Hopefully the Baku representative will respond shortly with an explanation of what happened & why

Been quite a while now.....certainly enough time to type a few sentences to express his concern at these unexpected developments.

Keeping his head down is a strange business strategy,unless he doesn't know what to do next or is avoiding a public statement on the grounds of self-incrimination! There may be other reasons too,but I'm not sure I can think what they are. Too busy with other projects? Surely not.

He has to say something soon.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Have a look on Booking.com

14 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Have a look on booking.com

Only extended bookings then.

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 00.40.38.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 00.41.01.png

I’m staying in Baku atm. I would give it a pass and look for something else. I’m not going to comment further, until after I leave. There is a place around the corner that charges about 12k baht/700 a night I would rather be in....but I’m already here. 

On the Baku website,they are only quoting monthly rates,no more daily options.

New rules kicking in then.

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 00.48.24.png