IGNORED

Baku Guesthouse

Rocky3

Haven't bookings of under a month not been allowed for several months now, since June 2018 ?

19 hours ago, harddrive said:

Just received a reply from their Facebook page and they said they couldn't process rentals less than one month.

36 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

Haven't bookings of under a month not been allowed for several months now, since June 2018 ?

Correct although many are still flaunting this rule.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 8 months later...

Hi, 

Stayed here before (2 times) 2 years ago and they have my blessing. It's a great place and the owner(s) are extremely friendly. 

Is it still a good value - good/bad reviews lately? (haven't seen posts in a long time) 

Looking to do a month :)

Edited by Jackie2013

price went up a fair bit when I inquired. 20,000 for a month last February when I stayed there......quoted 25,000 for a month this January.

21 minutes ago, bullseye said:

price went up a fair bit when I inquired. 20,000 for a month last February when I stayed there......quoted 25,000 for a month this January.

I'm guessing its because January is considered high season, while February is shoulder season.

I think youll find January and February are considered high season now. High season prices tend to change once you get  into March.

Love all the "high season" bullshit we get fed. It's been such a slow year and don't think there'll be much of a high season this year. Had an agent telling me October is high season. 555

It wouldn't be so bad if business adjusted appropriately for "low season", but they don't. 

@bullseye Did you tell them you got it for 20k last February and they still wouldn't budge? 

Just checked out Baku’s website & it states all rooms 25k per month. Does anyone know if this price is all inclusive? Ie water, electric & cleaning for the 25k?

On 08/10/2019 at 00:02, Baxidar ba said:

Just checked out Baku’s website & it states all rooms 25k per month. Does anyone know if this price is all inclusive? Ie water, electric & cleaning for the 25k?

All inclusive, yes.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Need some input about "a situation" I'm in....

I've stayed at Baku on 4 different occasions and one of them was a back-to-back 3 month rental. The place is great and that's why I keep repeating. 

In september 2019 I booked a month rental for late january 2020 and was asked to pay a 5k deposit. Payed right up. 2 weeks ago we found out my dad was dying and after things calmed down a bit I mailed Baku 1 week ago. Here's the exact wording: 

Hi 

I'm sorry to say I need to cancel my Thailand trip because of a death in the family. 

It is 54 days before arrival and it's high season so hopefully you can find another tenant. However, I've never canceled a trip before and I don't know about your policy here. 

Could you keep 1000-1500 baht for your fees and inconvience and return 3500-4000 baht to my Paypal? 

I'll make sure to write something good about Baku in the forums. 

All the best,

This is my first cancellation of any type of hotel booking, so - is it common sense that the deposit is 100% forfeited even though I'm alerting 54 days in advance (and it's high season...). ? 

Anyways, I'm ignored a week back on e-mail and Facebook. 

Just wanted to say: it's probably the best place I've stayed in Pattaya and the bang-for-the-buck/ratio is extremely high. The staff is very friendly and the location is triple A. The showers are huge and the 50" TV's are popular by the girls. 

But, I believe a 54 day ahead notice should be honored in some way. If I just had not said anything, they would have an empty income for a month for that room. 

On 03/12/2019 at 22:14, Jackie2013 said:

It's not the first time i hear it and it did happen to me too in the past. Like you, i totally love the guesthouse, i stayed there before and will stay there again, but their communication is really bad. If you look at this thread or their threads about their two Gentleman Clubs or about The Roof or about their Bar on Soi6 there is nearly no advertising/no one answering questions. Don't know if no one has time or if they don't feel the need to do so:rolleyes: As you are ignored by them via mail and facebook i have another idea, which is not very elegant but maybe it will help you. Register on the LB forum https://www.ladyboyspattaya.com and write a message there to boardmember "solice" who has started the Baku Guest House thread there. I think he is not the owner of the guest house anymore (i don't get it who is running what at their Baku chain to be honest!) but i am sure he will point you into the right direction or even take care that someone will finally answer you. As i said, it's not the nicest way, but maybe it will help. 

On 03/12/2019 at 22:14, Jackie2013 said:

Hi guys

Need some input about "a situation" I'm in....

I've stayed at Baku on 4 different occasions and one of them was a back-to-back 3 month rental. The place is great and that's why I keep repeating. 

In september 2019 I booked a month rental for late january 2020 and was asked to pay a 5k deposit. Payed right up. 2 weeks ago we found out my dad was dying and after things calmed down a bit I mailed Baku 1 week ago. Here's the exact wording: 

This is my first cancellation of any type of hotel booking, so - is it common sense that the deposit is 100% forfeited even though I'm alerting 54 days in advance (and it's high season...). ? 

Just wanted to say: it's probably the best place I've stayed in Pattaya and the bang-for-the-buck/ratio is extremely high. The staff is very friendly and the location is triple A. The showers are huge and the 50" TV's are popular by the girls. 

But, I believe a 54 day ahead notice should be honored in some way. If I just had not said anything, they would have an empty income for a month for that room. 

Some news: I was refunded 3500 baht of the total 5000 baht which I believe is total fair. Kudos to @Club Baku and Guesthouse. I will return again (and please see my previous comments about praising the place). 

Bless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Is this place operational now?, taking bookings?. Whats the contact/booking process currently (if any).

................................................................................................................

On 31/10/2017 at 06:58, QUIM_SLAYER said:

Just booked this place for January. Rooms look as good as a 4* hotel quality but in a guesthouse setting. I'm hoping there is a hotel nearby that I can use their pool. Maybe Areca Lodge will let me use theirs for a small fee or if I buy a drink at their bar??

One thing I don't like the look of in their rooms is the clock above the bed. Can imagine that to be a bit fucking annoying tick tocking above my head when I'm hanging out of my arse after a night of partying. So I'll be asking the owners to remove the batteries upon arrival.

That being said. Does anyone know of any pools close by that I can use? I've heard mikes mall pool is unavailable for a long while?

Also I can't get my head around the location. I've never been down Soi 15 on Buakhao. How easy is it to access LK and Diana behind me? Do I have to walk up to Buakhao then along to LK or is there a cut through to Diana?

you can use the pool at nature view, and lk metropole for small fees,  Ithink lk is better as you can also use the gym. both not far from  Baku gh