IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

I love what I'm seeing , you'v got me that's for sure

To get the ribs right in my opinion you need to do the butchering in house it's the only way to get consistency with the racks

• Like 1

I love what I'm seeing , you'v got me that's for sure

To get the ribs right in my opinion you need to do the butchering in house it's the only way to get consistency with the racks

Agreed, I even considered it as I know a pig breeder up in Surin, perhaps one day! 

Lots of pics with the title of the dish and a knife & fork in the pic for scale would be good, no hurry.  I just don't know what half this stuff you're raving about actually is - I live in France where they don't eat that kind of thing, but I'm very open-minded.  Don't think I've ever eaten ribs - do you cut them apart and then eat by hand??  So you're kind of eating meat off the bone?  Sorry I'm very ignorant aren't I?

Pulled from the Smoker this morning, 1/2 Rack of BBQ Ribs. I will add more pictures in time when it's plated. 

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 2

I saw this place under construction a few months ago, put it in my "must try next time" list.  I'll be back in town in 10 days time, can't wait!

• Like 1

Any brisket today ? What is the price ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any brisket today ? What is the price ?

We do have Brisket & a fresh one is going in tomorrow. Price is 265 baht in a bun with french fries, bbq sauce and slaw on the side

Edited by China Garden

We do have Brisket & a fresh one is going in tomorrow. Price is 265 baht in a bun with french fries, bbq sauce and slaw on the side

Great how old is this one ?

Great how old is this one ?

Yesterday :-) Using about I flat for slices every other day at the moment, soon it will be every day. 

Thinking to bring my flight forward it's looking so good , very smart move and great location, good luck !!!

• Like 1

Will you be open for Christmas and/or NYE?

Christmas day we are closed, basically we have a Christmas dinner planned for Steak & Co and are using the Chef's and service staff next door. Otherwise we are open as per normal, New Year's Eve I never open later as I prefer to give the staff time off with their friends and family, I know it's a service job and they should perhaps be working later but it's something I have done and guess always will, closing around 22.00 pm NYE. 

This is the new entrance, hotel guests can use their key card to enter Steak & Co room's (China Garden) or Smokin' Joe's room, on the first floor we are making an opening connecting the two building, all 18 rooms will then be accessible from either entrance.   The old China Garden reception window will still be open 24/7 but guests coming or leaving the rooms have the choice of either entrance, therefore wont have to pass the back of our kitchen at Steak & Co etc.

There will be someone at reception 24/7 for taking copies of ID's or late checkin's on the Steak & Co side (China Garden)  

The red post got painted black today  :GoldenSmile1: 

door.jpg

Edited by China Garden

Christmas day we are closed, basically we have a Christmas dinner planned for Steak & Co and are using the Chef's and service staff next door. Otherwise we are open as per normal, New Year's Eve I never open later as I prefer to give the staff time off with their friends and family, I know it's a service job and they should perhaps be working later but it's something I have done and guess always will, closing around 22.00 pm NYE.

Nice touch with the service staff on NYE,it maybe just a few hours however those small touches go along way with people. Also these little touches help keep the same staff with you. As you know nothing worst than always having a turn over of staff.

Well done for looking after your staff.

Will pop in on my next trip in May.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Al Pastor Pork Quesadilla & Margarita, perfect for dinner 

IMG_1496.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 3

Well I couldn't resist :Evil_Grin2: so this evening I went to the Den Via Soi LengKee and found myself parking outside Smokin' Joe's. I have no intention of talking about the service other than in passing, nor the decor. I am going to stick to the.......Ribs

I have obviously eaten ribs in pattaya on several occasions sometimes as a meal and sometimes at an all you can eat ribs buffet. Not once have I found somewhere I would return to, sometimes I have just paid then got up and left others I have struggled through the first few and decided it was enough and left.

Leaving was the only thing in common with Smokin' Joe's this evening  :Hello1: in that I almost had to leave the last two ribs as I was stuffed full. I ordered a half rack of Memphis ribs with the two sides being french fries and house salad. The ribs were the best I have ever had the pleasure of consuming in Thailand and indeed were on par with some of the best I have had in the USofA. The salad was excellent the chips ok I think, didn't eat many as I had no room for them.

I took a couple of pictures on my phone but everyone know about my photography  :Evil_Grin2:  Thinking I might be being to generous in my assessment I ordered the same to go for my manager David along with the Tennessee sauce. David was raised in the States and as a college linebacker has eaten his fair share of ribs, after he had licked the last one dry he declared them excellent and asked if I would go bring him some brisket  :68:

My half rack, the fork is there for comparison, they were about 8 inches across  

2.jpg

Fries

1.jpg

Just to show the amount of meat

3.jpg

4.jpg

The finished article

5.jpg

I guarantee if the brisket and rest are to this standard this place will take off. 

Edited by Cerberus

Well I couldn't resist :Evil_Grin2: so this evening I went to the Den Via Soi LengKee and found myself parking outside Smokin' Joe's. I have no intention of talking about the service other than in passing, nor the decor. I am going to stick to the.......Ribs

I have obviously eaten ribs in pattaya on several occasions sometimes as a meal and sometimes at an all you can eat ribs buffet. Not once have I found somewhere I would return to, sometimes I have just paid then got up and left others I have struggled through the first few and decided it was enough and left.

Leaving was the only thing in common with Smokin' Joe's this evening  :Hello1: in that I almost had to leave the last two ribs as I was stuffed full. I ordered a half rack of Memphis ribs with the two sides being french fries and house salad. The ribs were the best I have ever had the pleasure of consuming in Thailand and indeed were on par with some of the best I have had in the USofA. The salad was excellent the chips ok I think, didn't eat many as I had no room for them.

I took a couple of pictures on my phone but everyone know about my photography  :Evil_Grin2:  Thinking I might be being to generous in my assessment I ordered the same to go for my manager David along with the Tennessee sauce. David was raised in the States and as a college linebacker has eaten his fair share of ribs, after he had licked the last one dry he declared them excellent and asked if I would go bring him some brisket  :68:

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Fries

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

The finished article

attachicon.gif5.jpg

I guarantee if the brisket and rest are to this standard this place will take off. 

Thank you kindly for our first review, I'm very pleased you enjoyed the Rib's. It's still early day's for us and we intend to make lot of improvements over the coming months but it's good to know our signature Rib's dish is hitting the spot,

Brisket as most BBQ fan's will know is the most difficult, it's easy to over cook, under cook (we do use digital probes during cooking) and the quality of the packer Brisket is also all important. Basically we found a decent Bangkok supplier but it's pricey, probably more then most are willing to spend, we are trying some local suppliers but its not butchered the same way and is tougher as a result.. but don't worry we are working hard on it, my American friend tried our Brisket fresh from the smoker (well after it was rested) and he couldn't stop picking at the burn ends and corner pieces which is a good sign . 

Edited by China Garden

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Fries

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

The finished article

attachicon.gif5.jpg

Good enough for me.

This just jumped to the top of my list for my February trip!

Quick question: earlier there was mention of beef ribs, but I didn't see them on the menu or in the posted photos.  Are they coming or were they scrapped?

I'll say it again. Marketing will be the key factor.

This just jumped to the top of my list for my February trip!

Quick question: earlier there was mention of beef ribs, but I didn't see them on the menu or in the posted photos.  Are they coming or were they scrapped?

They arrived last night, Beef Shirt-ribs ..... pictures today or tomorrow. 

I'll say it again. Marketing will be the key factor.

We are booked for TV with Inspire (Ash), we will probably do a couple of Baht Bus and we are cross marketing on Steak & Co's Facebook account. 

Since we smoke our own Bacon and have a slow press juicer ... we might even open for a small American style breakfast in February, since we will also have 18 room's maybe a bed and breakfast deal ! 

Edited by China Garden