Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

Slow Pressed Apple & Orange Juice will be available today at Smokin Joe's & Steak & Co, also Iced Tea & Iced Lemon Tea

apple.jpg

Edited by China Garden

Thank you kindly for our first review, I'm very pleased you enjoyed the Rib's. It's still early day's for us and we intend to make lot of improvements over the coming months but it's good to know our signature Rib's dish is hitting the spot,

Brisket as most BBQ fan's will know is the most difficult, it's easy to over cook, under cook (we do use digital probes during cooking) and the quality of the packer Brisket is also all important. Basically we found a decent Bangkok supplier but it's pricey, probably more then most are willing to spend, we are trying some local suppliers but its not butchered the same way and is tougher as a result.. but don't worry we are working hard on it, my American friend tried our Brisket fresh from the smoker (well after it was rested) and he couldn't stop picking at the burn ends and corner pieces which is a good sign . 

Ok sir, now a couple of points which has nothing to do with the quality or taste of the food. The, I hesitate to say plastic, knife and fork that came with the takeaway ribs were the flimsiest I have ever seen. :Evil_Grin2: Seriously they were ludicrous so I think you should save 1 baht and not include them.  This next point there are several ways of addressing, I tend to eat my ribs with my hands, as do many others I think. When finished the toilet was occupied so I had to wait to clean my hands, there were only three other customers eating at the same time as me so it was not a problem. However if you get as busy as I think, you might want to consider a finger bowl or those sealed hand wipes, or a hand bowl outside of the toilet, whatever. I know some solutions may add to the costings but I feel you have always headed for quality over costs.

I will give it a few weeks and then come by to try your brisket, as I have a couple of friends drooling at the thought, even more than the ribs.

p.s.  Just seen your post about bacon, retail sales? and are you on TA yet

Edited by Cerberus

Ok sir, now a couple of points which has nothing to do with the quality or taste of the food. The, I hesitate to say plastic, knife and fork that came with the takeaway ribs were the flimsiest I have ever seen. :Evil_Grin2: Seriously they were ludicrous so I think you should save 1 baht and not include them.  This next point there are several ways of addressing, I tend to eat my ribs with my hands, as do many others I think. When finished the toilet was occupied so I had to wait to clean my hands, there were only three other customers eating at the same time as me so it was not a problem. However if you get as busy as I think, you might want to consider a finger bowl or those sealed hand wipes, or a hand bowl outside of the toilet, whatever. I know some solutions may add to the costings but I feel you have always headed for quality over costs.

I will give it a few weeks and then come by to try your brisket, as I have a couple of friends drooling at the thought, even more than the ribs.

Yes it's my bad, I had every intention of offering wet towels with the "hand's on food", thanks for reminding me... it will be done today or tomorrow! We are off to Makro today so I'll ask Jason the new Western manager running SJ to find some better take-away cutlery, Yuri is still next door in SC. 

Thx

We have not had a Trip Advisor review yet, the bacon we will be keeping just for the restaurant haha got to get people though our doors somehow hahaha and freshly smoked, rind off, thick cut bacon is a kinda good way  :GoldenSmile1:

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

Edited by China Garden

We are booked for TV with Inspire (Ash), we will probably do a couple of Baht Bus and we are cross marketing on Steak & Co's Facebook account. 

Since we smoke our own Bacon and have a slow press juicer ... we might even open for a small American style breakfast in February, since we will also have 18 room's maybe a bed and breakfast deal ! 

Regardless of the market, TV advertising is almost always a waste of money unless you are selling big ticket items like cars or furniture.

I would consider doing table tents with bars (big and small) in the Soi Buakhao area that you are not in direct competition with -- which is most of them.

That is exactly where your potential customers are, the cost would be minimal, and you could even trade for your product with no cash outlay. Show me a bar owner who wouldn't like an additional profit center.

Table-Tents.jpg

Regardless of the market, TV advertising is almost always a waste of money unless you are selling big ticket items like cars or furniture.

I would consider doing table tents with bars (big and small) in the Soi Buakhao area that you are not in direct competition with -- which is most of them.

That is exactly where your potential customers are, the cost would be minimal, and you could even trade for your product with no cash outlay. Show me a bar owner who wouldn't like an additional profit center.

attachicon.gifTable-Tents.jpg

It's a good idea, some of our new customers are coming nightly from Valentines, we will put a menu in there shortly. We will be in Door to Door this month, we have ruled out our own delivery service but we would be happy to take order's via phone for later collection (I dont have our number to hand but we do have one). 

Iced Tea (Iced Lemon Tea) and Nachos French Fries hmmm

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by China Garden

Beef Short Rib.. they came out OK, but I think a little slow for more fat to render. 

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

Definitely will be checking this place out when I return in January. Will provide reviews and pics. Looks well run.

• Like 1

Wow, looks amazing. I've never understood the big deal about BBQ Ribs before, but hope this will change after a visit in May.

Early Bird Specials are on from today ! 12 noon til 17.00 pm, hot hand towels now available / given.  Before anyone comment Steak & Co's Special on a Tuesday is also ribs ..... it won't be this time next week ! Clearly there will be a margin of over-lap with the two businesses but we want to keep that to a minimum...mainly quality Beef in one and Pork in the other. 

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by China Garden

We get the rib's cut 8 inches long, each rack weighs 1.0 - 2.0 kilo's, the constancy of Pork Rib's is my biggest problem, firstly the size of the pig and secondly the butcher is takes off most of the pork belly for Bacon. We are trying to find a good source for Rib but it's like pushing water up hill however we wont give up. We kinda do our part once we have them with the rub, marinating, smoking & 6 home-made BBQ sauces.

Brisket comes from the front the cow, its a tough cut of meat and fairly fatty, ideal for low & slow BBQ. It has two muscles, the flat and the point, the point muscle is used for burn't end and the flat is used for slices which you saw above. When cooked right its moist and tender (but not mushy) and I would say it has "corned beef" type taste.

We pretty much sold out of Brisket yesterday... a new ones gone in already, we will post some pictures of 1 lb later :-) The best part of Brisket is the ends, the part that's dark and kinda burnt looking, there lots of pepper and salt taste from the dry rub then the moist slightly fatty beef ... literally you can't stop picking at it !

I'll be in town fromthe 26th.... always wanted to try a BBQ place coming from Australia we don't have ghis kind of bbq

Do you a plant with a bit of everything ?

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

I'll be in town fromthe 26th.... always wanted to try a BBQ place coming from Australia we don't have ghis kind of bbq

My brother was a BBQ judge in Port Macquarie last year.

IMG_7376.JPG

IMG_7377.JPG

• Like 1

Ain't that just typical. Somebody suggested bringing in tear open towelettes, and you bring in real towels and a warmer.  :ThumbUp6:

• Like 1

Thanks for pics, guys, including knives and forks.  The idea of including a knife or fork comes from mining and geology, in which whenever people discover interesting new mineral deposits, they always take pics including a car, person or mining hammer in front of the seam of minerals for scale.  I'll be along to SJ's soon, taking pics including cutlery.

Edited by SirL

Yes we do a feast which is basically a bit of everything, needs two people or a doggy bag

.....needs two people or a doggy bag

Challenge accepted!

I love me some ribs, will definitely drop in next time I'm in town.

I ate there a few nights ago.  I had the Kansas City pork ribs and two sides.  I thought it was a very good meal.  Large portions too. Glad I only got the half rack.

I also liked their nice plates, silverware and napkins.  

I'll be back.

• Like 2

I wanted to share with you one pit-master's take on Beef Ribs.

https://youtu.be/2tzRpoaDVfo

My intent is not to belabor the point. Rather, I wanted you to have a good visual of the product, beginning to end, so that you may make a fair analysis of a possible fit in your menu.

As you can see they end up being huge. Thus, a serving is normally one, or maybe two ribs per person. This is generally offered as a premium product since the meat is from the bottom of a standing rib roast. As such, the asking price is at the high end of a BBQ menu, with a price on par with a rack rack of St. Louis Spare Ribs.

They do not lend well to using a rib rack, but make a good component to add to a brisket cook. Cooking the Beef Ribs on the upper rack of a smoker such as you use allows the rendered fat from the Beef Ribs to baste the brisket below prior to the time that you wrap the brisket for to finish the cook. And, by the time you are ready to wrap the brisket, the Beef Ribs are about ready to pull, wrap and hold.

Sorry if I ramble. I'm just a BBQ Geek Pellethead at heart, and I love evangelizing tricks of the Q.

Again, here's wishing you the very best of luck with the new restaurant. I look forward to visiting you during my next trip

StrikeEagle

• Like 3

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

I ate there a few nights ago.  I had the Kansas City pork ribs and two sides.  I thought it was a very good meal.  Large portions too. Glad I only got the half rack.

I also liked their nice plates, silverware and napkins.  

I'll be back.

I ate here tonight, had the Memphis dry rub 1/2 rack, potato salad, and onion rings. The meal was an extremely generous portion size, the onion rings came out in a tower configuration about 250mm high, i couldnt eat them all, the ribs were great, probably sorry i didn't try a rack with sauce, (didnt want to risk spoiling the meal with sickly sweet sauces) but should have realized these Guys would be on point with their sauces. (only tried the bbq sauce and the garlic aoli that came with the onion rings)

The two ladies who served me were very good,friendly , polite, and efficient, a credit to the business/ training.

I probably wouldn't get the onion rings again, a bit to much batter to consume with the quantity supplied,(just my personal opinion) anyone who loves onion rings and is hungry will enjoy them.

My meal, (1/2 rack ribs, potato salad,onion rings, 2 x coke zeros) came to 515 baht. Well worth it for the meal and service.

One last point, i received 8 ribs for my half rack, I think in other places a half is usually 6 ribs, could be wrong on that though.

Anyway, I will return.

Edited by tropicaloz

looks good will pop in after Christmas for some ribs good to see a well run restaurant with good revues....wish you great success

• Like 1

I ate here tonight, had the Memphis dry rub 1/2 rack, potato salad, and onion rings. The meal was an extremely generous portion size, the onion rings came out in a tower configuration about 250mm high, i couldnt eat them all, the ribs were great, probably sorry i didn't try a rack with sauce, (didnt want to risk spoiling the meal with sickly sweet sauces) but should have realized these Guys would be on point with their sauces. (only tried the bbq sauce and the garlic aoli that came with the onion rings)

The two ladies who served me were very good,friendly , polite, and efficient, a credit to the business/ training.

I probably wouldn't get the onion rings again, a bit to much batter to consume with the quantity supplied,(just my personal opinion) anyone who loves onion rings and is hungry will enjoy them.

My meal, (1/2 rack ribs, potato salad,onion rings, 2 x coke zeros) came to 515 baht. Well worth it for the meal and service.

One last point, i received 8 ribs for my half rack, I think in other places a half is usually 6 ribs, could be wrong on that though.

Anyway, I will return.

Really glad you enjoyed the meal and service, some Pork Rack's we buy are lighter then others so we try to even it out by giving more bone (more meat overall). I have a supplier who keeps all racks over 1.4 kilo for me, he calls and we rush round and take all of his stock but he cannot guarantee his pork delivery so sometimes we have to take 1.2 kilo rack but we try to have them cut as long as possible again to give the customer more.

Thanks again and we will see you again soon :-)

Smokin' 2 Briskets tomorrow !

• Like 2

I wanted to share with you one pit-master's take on Beef Ribs.

My intent is not to belabor the point. Rather, I wanted you to have a good visual of the product, beginning to end, so that you may make a fair analysis of a possible fit in your menu.

As you can see they end up being huge. Thus, a serving is normally one, or maybe two ribs per person. This is generally offered as a premium product since the meat is from the bottom of a standing rib roast. As such, the asking price is at the high end of a BBQ menu, with a price on par with a rack rack of St. Louis Spare Ribs.

They do not lend well to using a rib rack, but make a good component to add to a brisket cook. Cooking the Beef Ribs on the upper rack of a smoker such as you use allows the rendered fat from the Beef Ribs to baste the brisket below prior to the time that you wrap the brisket for to finish the cook. And, by the time you are ready to wrap the brisket, the Beef Ribs are about ready to pull, wrap and hold.

Sorry if I ramble. I'm just a BBQ Geek Pellethead at heart, and I love evangelizing tricks of the Q.

Again, here's wishing you the very best of luck with the new restaurant. I look forward to visiting you during my next trip

StrikeEagle

Great video thank you, we pretty much followed every step in the video and kept to the same temperatures and the results were pretty good. We currently can only get Beef Short Ribs and they come in set's of three bones, the slight issues with them is most of the meat covers just 2 of the bones, the third is around 50% less meat which from a portioning and cost control point of view is a nightmare...... So we will be adding Australian Smoked BBQ Beef Short Ribs but in a set of 3 "to share", they are about 1.7 kilo's before cooking and very meaty... the price will be around 2000 Baht as its imported and served with 4 sides.  ... There's always a doggy bag available ~!

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 1

Went the other day, not a big rib guy so I had the poppers and the quesadillas.

The popper were nice because it was actual breaded jalapenos with cream cheese all though I think the breading was a bit soggy but tasted good. The quesadillas were the best I`ve had in town

The poppers would have been better with Ranch dressing but I`ll survive without too. 

• Like 1