IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

Taco Taco announces: :

"Hello everybody.  Just to let you guys know that this Friday will be my last day working at the market.

Will be opening a restaurant next month , the restaurant will be on soi 9 Pattaya Klang opposite side from two lions."

8 hours ago, stacksreg123 said:

Do you happen to know where they make the viet one called PHO? 

With meatballs it's out of this world.

Rumor has it... This place on Pattaya Tai is a Pho place... I have not tried it...

https://www.facebook.com/แซ่บเด้อ-ก๋วยจั๊บญวนสาขา2-461276117375716/?__tn__=%2CdkC-R-R&eid=ARDqoZ4U-SrvJ0dBKmKdcpa8o03AYEdUPrKtZO4OJYmnikNs49w_YLV3p-pecTQu_BIbCjpn8zs3-AXl&hc_ref=ARQbbZSes2Fb8_WWecB47p1qJaE4mBEFDHv3qZU9jizG2EHp3vqKrz8mQxortULXhJg&fref=gs&dti=1542141939342114&hc_location=ufi

• Thanks 1

Thanks Evil... I've been meaning to try Oriental Trattoria ... 

To me... I don't fly half way around the world to try a burger... YMMV...  So will give a pass on Nice...

Edited by Saddic

47 minutes ago, Saddic said:

Thanks Evil... I've been meaning to try Oriental Trattoria ... 

To me... I don't fly half way around the world to try a burger... YMMV...  So will give a pass on Nice...

In my experience, they don't actually serve most of what's on their large menu. Don't get too excited. 

Had a craving for ribs... decided to try Retox Lenkee... 1/2 rack 199b 3 sides... hit the spot! (Warning to you big eaters, get the full rack 299b )... Very nice... Would go again...

IMG_20181003_194730717-1040x780.jpg.2aba00e5b3c7949cdecfc7b2226df6ad.jpg

i think this grilled ham & cheese sandwich is great value at 175baht at the Acqua hotel  in soi honey ....... plus it has an unbelievable EXTRA which i assume would taste even better

DSC00096.JPG

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, onehunglo said:

i think this grilled ham & cheese sandwich is great value at 175baht at the Acqua HOTEL  in soi honey ....... plus it has an unbelievable EXTRA which i assume would taste even better

DSC00096.JPG

Yes but I think his name is Raphael. :Laugh1:

I'll probably get some negative responses to the following review, but "Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war."

I ate dinner at 7.00 p.m. a few nights ago at the Beer Garden at the Beach Road end of Walking Street.  It wasn't my choice, but a friend from the U.S. wanted to eat there. I had had a bad meal at BG a few months ago and had more or less given up on the BG's food. The location and view make it a great place for a drink, but the food has become very hit-and-miss.  I went there to keep him company and wasn't sure I would order a meal.  He and his GF had arrived a few minutes before me and had gotten a table on the veranda in the section closet to the entrance.  

The music was so loud I told my friend I wouldn't sit there.  He could barely understand what I said from across the table.  Never before have I heard the music that deafening at Beer Garden.  My friend called over one of the female managers and asked if the music could be turned down.  She said it couldn't as it was controlled by computer, but offered to move us to the far end of the veranda where the volume was indeed much lower.  That's a big plus on the service side for the BG.

IMG_0121.jpg.de6e9ba76284a842a7e0acf3c7bab42c.jpg

My friend ordered a garden salad for 80 baht and the fish and chips for 195 baht.  He asked if he could substitute a baked potato for the chips and that was no problem.  He thought it was a very good meal.  I'm relating his opinion here, not mine. 

IMG_0124.jpg.c9f5a97e25a58ba62dbdf5630382461a.jpg

It was a big portion of salad for 80 baht. It came with two sorts of salad dressing and a small dish of potato salad.

IMG_0126.jpg.4e14873f84d0d6e4d04d12c841e5f147.jpg

The vegetables that were supposed to be crispy were and the tomatoes had flavor, he said.He commented that he had had smaller plates of salad for a higher price in Pattaya that weren't as fresh as this one.

IMG_0133.jpg.4258cc4e8ae86556bc89920092951b80.jpg

He thought the fish was properly breaded and fried, still flaky on the inside.  He didn't know what sort of fish it was- the menu didn't say- but said it tasted fine.  It came with peas, tartar sauce and as requested, a baked potato instead of fries.

5bc0ebefeecb1_IMG_01371.jpg.5a87c52a8edf5f21514c137f1bb336dc.jpg

His GF ordered ordered a spicy Thai salad and a bowl of soup, which I didn't bother to photograph.  She said it was good, but I noticed she didn't eat all of it,  She had a Singapore Sling for 200 baht along with her meal.  I wasn't very hungry and ordered stir-fried vegetables with tofu and cashew nuts (120 baht) and an order of steamed rice (40 baht). Unfortunately, I can't say it was good.  The tofu had a weird texture and I didn't eat much of it.  The veggies were OK, but nothing special and the sauce was a bit too salty. 

Untitled-1.jpg.76ab369d26e9e04f9915fea91187da36.jpg

Bottom line:  My friend will continue to eat at the Beer Garden as he said he's never had a bad meal there.  I probably won't, as it's been a long time since I've had a good meal at the BG.  And if the music remains nightclub loud,  I definitely won't even have a drink there unless I can be seated at the far end of the veranda.

When we sat down about 7 p.m., there were a lot of seats available on the veranda.  By eight p.m., when we chek binned, the veranda was full and the covered section roughly half-full.  I noticed five groups of Asian tourists (with four to eight people in each) dining on the veranda.  Neither he nor I could recall seeing as many Asians in BG before. It does seem to have expanded its customer base and remains one of the busier restaurants in central Pattaya.

Evil

• Like 8

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

4 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

IMG_0124.jpg.c9f5a97e25a58ba62dbdf5630382461a.jpg

It was a big portion of salad for 80 baht. It came with two sorts of salad dressing and a small dish of potato salad.

That looks typical of the very boring salads one gets here. In fact I would call that a large plate of garnish, not a salad.

I would much rather go to Sizzler and have their salad bar for 140B. Simply no comparison. No noise there either.

That looks typical of the very boring salads one gets here. In fact I would call that a large plate of garnish, not a salad.

I would much rather go to Sizzler and have their salad bar for 140B. Simply no comparison. No noise there either.

Yeah weird salads here. Central festival food court has farang versions, tomato onion cucumber salad is nice 79 baht i think

• Like 2

went to harrys bar in august,had the daily special,hamburger and fries 99 baht,it was great,went back the next nite,had the minute steak and chips,it was luke warm,went back again,had the minute steak and chips it was stone cold,why does ordering a meal in pattaya have to result in this fiasco?arethe staff incapable,or don,t they give a flying fuck?this was not the only instance of gash meals,----next trip i will be bringing a george foreman grill and the bulk of my food will be self catering,cheaper aqnd i won,t get food poisoning.

Went back to Harry's bar 1st evening I was in Pattaya once more for a 99 baht burger and fries. 200 baht with a beer and tip. Less than £5. Excellent.

For comparison a few days earlier in the UK, knowing I would be returning to Pattaya, I went to Wetherspoons - a chain of bars that sell cheap food and beer in the UK - and had a burger and a beer for £6.65. No comparison IMO - Harry's was way better.

2 minutes ago, nekkid said:

Went back to Harry's bar 1st evening I was in Pattaya once more for a 99 baht burger and fries. 200 baht with a beer and tip. Less than £5. Excellent.

For comparison a few days earlier in the UK, knowing I would be returning to Pattaya, I went to Wetherspoons - a chain of bars that sell cheap food and beer in the UK - and had a burger and a beer for £6.65. No comparison IMO - Harry's was way better.

totally agree with you,the first meal i had in there was superb,went back twice and it was gash,why should having a meal be so inconsistant?

1 minute ago, everard said:

totally agree with you,the first meal i had in there was superb,went back twice and it was gash,why should having a meal be so inconsistant?

Dunno, but maybe the burger and fries is a very popular option - could that be a reason why the rest of the menu may not be consistent?

2 minutes ago, everard said:

It depends on the cook, most places seem to have one that's okay but if its her day off or after her shifts ended its a lottery.

On Soi Chayapoon what used to be called Crazy Daves is now called the Boars Head.

If you go in before 5pm its a smily and tubby middle aged women who does the cooking and its okay, go after when shes gone for the day and its pants !

When the White Pines near Soi 15 opened it was great then the woman left and the food turned to crap, supposed to be improving now and I will check it out next week.

Just now, nekkid said:

Dunno, but maybe the burger and fries is a very popular option - could that be a reason why the rest of the menu may not be consistent?

could be,fucking shame when you have to know "the popular option" i do all my own cooking and have never served myself up a stone cold meal,still up to them,am serious about taking my george foreman grill over,will leave it there at a mates when i return,i bought a replacement for it last week 15 sobs out of lidhls,boneless chicken breasts are 68 baht a kilo in the big c,and before anyone says "perhaps you should grow a pair"i have on 2 occasions asked to see the owner over kak food to be told"he not here"

Just now, Avon said:

It depends on the cook, most places seem to have one that's okay but if its her day off or after her shifts ended its a lottery.

On Soi Chayapoon what used to be called Crazy Daves is now called the Boars Head.

If you go in before 5pm its a smily and tubby middle aged women who does the cooking and its okay, go after when shes gone for the day and its pants !

When the White Pines near Soi 15 opened it was great then the woman left and the food turned to crap, supposed to be improving now and I will check it out next week.

yes, that was the only place i used to go for a full english,good graze and great value 99baht[evidently they do a larger one,never bothered with it the 99 one was plenty,however i noted it was only 99 baht before 12.00 hrs after that it went up to 135 baht,being a creature of the night that annoyed me slightly.

in all the times i've had shit food or service , the staff couldn't give a fuck , if you complain the smile wipes straight off their face and give you an angry look , as if to say shut up and eat it .

like EVERARD said and he's hit the nail on the head , take a skillet over and leave with a mate . cook your own and avoid all the bullshit that is thrown at you . and the staff can go back to selling their snatches when they haven't a job anymore

when i rented a unit i did my own cooking , ever asked for eggs easy over ? fuck me ! what a drama , i reverted to getting scrambled eggs to save all the worry .

8 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I had had a bad meal at BG a few months ago and had more or less given up on the BG's food.

Got to agree I stopped eating BG food 4/5years  ago mediocre at best sometimes absolutely dire.

Still pop in for a beer every few weeks.

if it was not for the location the BG would have closed years ago.

Waiting staff only care about their tip, they almost can't think of anything else. Such a boring job its the only thing that adds interest

5 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
2 hours ago, everard said:

Waiting staff only care about their tip, they almost can't think of anything else. Such a boring job its the only thing that adds interest

i used to tip above average if device was good now i only leave 20baht if that sometimes as i've noticed i seem to get a lot of negative responses off them most of the times

i used to tip above average if device was good now i only leave 20baht if that sometimes as i've noticed i seem to get a lot of negative responses off them most of the times
Yeah they get obsessive about the tip level, for what, they do very little. One of the advantages of street food and food courts, there's a price you pay that's it