IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

10 hours ago, superroo said:

Bought two pizzas from them on tuesday ,takeaway.

Young lady took my order , very helpful she was and pleasant.

Pizzas were ok.

Only thing that slightly annoyed me was getting twenty baht change in small coins.

You should be thankful change was offered.............:Laugh1:

3 hours ago, superroo said:

Only thing that slightly annoyed me was getting twenty baht change in small coins.

With a BIG happy smile say "Hey thanks, I need money for the water machine" and take every single coin, leaving nothing.

Maybe next time, if there is ever a next time, take sufficient coins you've saved and pay with them, exact money, of course.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

How was the service? Everytime I went there they treated me like I wasn't wanted. 
No problem at all with service. A girl took my order as soon as I sat down. I didn't notice any difference to any other restaurant.

Sent from my Sunny2 Plus using Tapatalk

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

7 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

No problem at all with service. A girl took my order as soon as I sat down. I didn't notice any difference to any other restaurant.

That must be my problem, I should view the place as a restaurant with alcohol, instead of a bar with food. I wouldn't expect to have any interaction with a waitress at a restaurant besides taking my order and delivering my food. I think I was thrown off by the pool table, 555

Thanks 

But either way, I will never ever spend any more baht there. :NoNo3:

Edited by WhiteThai

On 22/08/2018 at 22:16, Scuba+ said:

Nam tok? you mean pork noodle soup with blood? If so the best place in Pattaya is Soi 13/2 Post Office22c1b7fc050929c5c9c8385a730e01d6.jpg

Nam Tok is my favourite thai dish, plenty blood, plenty garlic.

the best place I’ve had it is across from bliss lounge at the 7-11.

50 baht

yeah that pic isn’t nam tok, looks similar but never had potato in it.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

21 minutes ago, thai2try said:

the best place I’ve had it is across from Bliss lounge at the 7-11.

50 baht

That's not potato It's mooli 

22 minutes ago, macky said:

That's not potato It's mooli 

Cheers. It’s 5am here, I’m still half asleep when posting 

Went back to Chinese Shaxian Snacks (see above) to try their dumplings...

Had dumpling soup.. for early dinner... Another good dish, but I think I prefer the beef noodle soup...

As I was finishing up, there was a steady stream of Chinese mainlanders wandering in...  Wondering how they found it...?

Will try the pork noodle soup my next visit...

IMG_20180928_174747272-1040x780.jpg.80dd8913d10e07578245f675a3b67f2e.jpg

• Like 2

the best place I’ve had it is across from bliss lounge at the 7-11.

50 baht

I tried that 7-11 lady place opposite Bliss, it wasn't as good as 13/2. Those aren't potatoes, they are turnip type things i think. Its definitely Nam Tok, he just puts extra in it. Most noodle soup stalls do it slightly different

8 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

I tried that 7-11 lady place opposite Bliss, it wasn't as good as 13/2. Those aren't potatoes, they are turnip type things i think. Its definitely Nam Tok, he just puts extra in it. Most noodle soup stalls do it slightly different

Maybe I am always extremely relaxed after my visit to bliss and it makes it taste better!!

there used to be a great soup made at the rear of MIT complex, but I haven’t seen it in years.

On 16/09/2018 at 06:57, jpmelville said:

Harry's 99bht "summer" specials still going strong. Got burger today.

Tried the burger and fries the other day. Blummin' excellent for 99 baht!

Just now, Scuba+ said:
45 minutes ago, nekkid said:
Tried the burger and fries the other day. Blummin' excellent for 99 baht!

Where's this Harry's?

Yep.

5 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
21 minutes ago, nekkid said:
Yep.

I mean, where is Harry's?

Soi Diana just down from Subway.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2018 at 04:06, Evil Penevil said:

Evil, Can you confirm the promo is also on Thursdays as well. The sign and all the feedback from other BM's seem to be it's all related to it being on Tuesday. Appreciated!!

Edited by jwdub

4 hours ago, jwdub said:

Evil, Can you confirm the promo is also on Thursdays as well. The sign and all the feedback from other BM's seem to be it's all related to it being on Tuesday. Appreciated!!

From Korando's Facebook page:

Korando_n.jpg.70de6a07fcf3f59dcc4aedf599024070.jpg

and the full pizza menu:

korando.jpg.a327ccdfe3161f21c2a9e5730c33fba0.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

18 hours ago, Saddic said:

Went back to Chinese Shaxian Snacks (see above) to try their dumplings...

Had dumpling soup.. for early dinner... Another good dish, but I think I prefer the beef noodle soup...

As I was finishing up, there was a steady stream of Chinese mainlanders wandering in...  Wondering how they found it...?

Will try the pork noodle soup my next visit...

Did you see many/any Sichuan dishes on the menu? That's one cuisine I miss if I'm in Pattaya for a long time.

I mean, Chinese noodle soups in all honour, but they're really not that different from the Thai or Vietnamese(-style) ones that abound everywhere.

1 hour ago, boxershrimp said:

Did you see many/any Sichuan dishes on the menu? That's one cuisine I miss if I'm in Pattaya for a long time.

I mean, Chinese noodle soups in all honour, but they're really not that different from the Thai or Vietnamese(-style) ones that abound everywhere.

If you want a wide range of Sichuan dishes or hotpot... Go to Marina Central (aka Big C North)...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ร้านอาหารเสฉวน-Sichuan-Restaurant-Central-Marina-Pattaya/600224013499567?__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARCjFPE-30bXWaiv5jiC7affq38bz3VO00wYk_pbW4SEbGyRw5wVcg3VdNxKKvLPuTKb1oBVOfF3K_vX&fref=tag

There is another Sichuan place on 3rd rd... but I've not tried it yet

https://restaurantguru.com/Laochengdu-Chinese-Sichuan-Restaurant-Pattaya

If you think all Chinese noodle soups are the same as Thai or Vietnamese... I can't help you... They aren't...  You need to try some better Chinese (different regions) and Vietnamese and Thai soup noodles...  (I assume you've only eaten street cart stuff)...

Edited by Saddic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saddic said:

If you want a wide range of Sichuan dishes or hotpot... Go to Marina Central (aka Big C North)...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ร้านอาหารเสฉวน-Sichuan-Restaurant-Central-Marina-Pattaya/600224013499567?__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARCjFPE-30bXWaiv5jiC7affq38bz3VO00wYk_pbW4SEbGyRw5wVcg3VdNxKKvLPuTKb1oBVOfF3K_vX&fref=tag

If you think all Chinese noodle soups are the same as Thai or Vietnamese... I can't help you... They aren't...

I think noodle soups are 90% dependent on the person making the broth. For me, whether the style is "Thai" or "Viet" or "Chinese" or, let's say, "Swedish" is mostly irrelevant.

As for that Sichuan restaurant, is it new? I've been through there many times, but it hasn't caught my eye.

Do you happen to know where they make the viet one called PHO? 

With meatballs it's out of this world.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Just now, boxershrimp said:

I think noodle soups are 90% dependent on the person making the broth. For me, whether the style is "Thai" or "Viet" or "Chinese" or, let's say, "Swedish" is mostly irrelevant.

As for that Sichuan restaurant, is it new? I've been through there many times, but it hasn't caught my eye.

Agree that broth is important...  too much canned broth or (worse) soup made from that horrible powered flavor stuff.. 

I do not agree that style is irrelevant...  they are different and varied... as are the noodles used...  which makes all the difference...

Unfortunately in Thailand, lots of lazy vendors just use a pack of Mama noodles...

The Sichuan place in Marina Central has been there since the remodel completed... its on the south wing of the building on the ground floor entrance..

1 minute ago, stacksreg123 said:

Do you happen to know where they make the viet one called PHO? 

With meatballs it's out of this world.

No Pho in Pattaya...  you have to go to Bangkok...  Plenty of Pho places (some really good) there... google it...

• Sad 1

On 10.9.2018 at 17:23, Gnorman said:

Thanks Evil, great review as always.

I enjoy Cafe Patini's food, but the main draw card for me is their coffee. I know it's subjective, but their coffee is some of the best in Pattaya to my tastes.

I must have been unlucky one my visit when I had the the ice coffee.............Instant coffee with milk and lots of ice was below par :-(