Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

46 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Ladyboy no longer working at Nikon court/Soi Diana spag bol booth. Anyone know why?

someone ate all his spaghetti

4 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Ladyboy no longer working at Nikon court/Soi Diana spag bol booth. Anyone know why?

New owner.

7 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
10 hours ago, everard said:
totally agree with you,the first meal i had in there was superb,went back twice and it was gash,why should having a meal be so inconsistant?

Waiting staff only care about their tip, they almost can't think of anything else. Such a boring job its the only thing that adds interest

perhaps if they served up an edible meal,they,d get more in the way of tips,also a tip is given after the event,anyway i vote with my feet and also my keyboard finger,if the owner of the gaff cannot or will not ensure his food is of good quality up to him.

I think someone already had mentioned Bread Deli Bahn Mi Viet Nam in this thread. It's located in the Sukhumvit end of Khao Talo road and their sandwiches are really delicious @ 45bht/pcs with inhouse made bread and the service was very nice too. The lady told what is inside every sandwich.

We took #2 sandwiches and it was as said really delicious. The size was proper for having it as a lunch. I recommend this place for everybody and I will go back next weekend for other sandwiches. They have some other grub too like Vieatnamese beef steak etc. 

After the lunch we went to Siamburi's to get some naughty cheeses.(both of us are on diet) Cheap and cheerful there also but the traffic is very heavy on this weekend.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-13 at 20.14.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-13 at 13.25.00.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-13 at 16.34.29.jpeg

On 10/13/2018 at 07:09, Scuba+ said:

Moving to a shop on Baukao I was told.

:Party1:

Had a good panang curry today at the hole in the wall Soi 13/2, I've been going down this soi for 2+ years and never tried before. Opposite Max hotel. 70 baht + 10 baht rice

• Like 2

Tried Chunky Monkey (across from Treetown, on Baukow) last night with a buddy...

Large "Brit Pub food & Thai food & desserts & pies & etc" menu...  4 - 79 b specials, daily 99b specials...

Wanted the meatloaf... good at 159b

line_1539607010636.jpg.bb26ad9fb90364bb5b26b8cc5fd1b3f8.jpg

My buddy went cheap and tried the 79b steak & egg... looked decent.. He said it tasted good... but meat a little tough (as one would expect for Thai beef)...  I would like that for bkfast..

1539647776277.jpg.86abcfd38b2877bfa6d30d18fab2d81d.jpg

Verdict...

I'll be back... I want to try the 79 b pork chop and goulash (regular menu) and banana split... (not all at once... lol)... Lots of items all under 200b... except for the steak items...  Looks good...

• Like 2

Tried Chunky Monkey (across from Treetown, on Baukow) last night with a buddy...
Large "Brit Pub food & Thai food & desserts & pies & etc" menu...  4 - 79 b specials, daily 99b specials...

My buddy went cheap and tried the 79b steak & egg... looked decent.. He said it tasted good... but meat a little tough (as one would expect for Thai beef)...  I would like that for bkfast..

Verdict...
I'll be back... I want to try the 79 b pork chop and goulash (regular menu) and banana split... (not all at once... lol)... Lots of items all under 200b... except for the steak items...  Looks good...
How about the drink prices? Often if cheaper food the drink prices are higher? Place i go, tea coffee soft drinks are 20 baht

2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

How about the drink prices? Often if cheaper food the drink prices are higher? Place i go, tea coffee soft drinks are 20 baht

Donno, wasn't looking at drink prices... except their mango smoothy seems cheaper than Devonshire... I'm only here for the food reviews... 

Perhaps you could provide the comprehensive drink price comparison guide...

Place I drank at after dinner had the price to beat.. 45b bottles...  got sloshed, went home...

Edited by Saddic

Perhaps you could provide the comprehensive drink price comparison guide...

Nah you're ok, just surprising that someone who goes in a place because of the 79 baht food doesn't notice drink prices, but nevermind

3 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
5 hours ago, Saddic said:

Verdict...

I popped in the monkey a couple of nights back

SM 65 B

Bottle Of water 40B

mug of tea 25B

Edited by Pheat

19 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Nah you're ok, just surprising that someone who goes in a place because of the 79 baht food doesn't notice drink prices, but nevermind

I didn't go in for the 79 baht food...  I went for the meatloaf as I clearly stated...  159b.

Mango smoothy was 45b, but I did not partake...

My eyes were on getting to the 45b bottled leo's at another establishment... ;)

Just now, Saddic said:

My eyes were on getting to the 45b bottled leo's at another establishment... ;)

i dunno where that is but it's less than the place i go to

i dunno where that is but it's less than the place i go to

Pandora's before 9...

Heh... Found a 2 for 95b establishment on 2nd Rd this morning...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Pandora's before 9...

Heh... Found a 2 for 95b establishment on 2nd Rd this morning...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

A man after my own heart! But I don't know about the drinking before 9 a.m.. 555

I'll be straight to chunky monkeys in December all looks great! Thanks for the detailed review

• Like 2

Just now, tez4life said:

I'll be straight to chunky monkeys in December all looks great! Thanks for the detailed review

right by soi 21 off buakaow. was the elephant bar then fire n ice now

5bc722da81f91_16oct006(Custom).JPG.a259ca87b4621c46f991381b1f4648c2.JPG

soi 21 to left side above

5bc7230d956ac_16oct010(Custom).JPG.60c31d33235cd408c2fa64f3e91c6182.JPG

looking into soi 21. chunkey off to right side of pic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like no smoking inside, thankfully. 

ice cream on the menu, probably.

IMG_0907.PNG

• Haha 2

Tried Chunky Monkey this evening. Today's special Chicken in onions with mash peas and salad. Beer not expensive - 55 baht for my Singha.

As regards the food - never mind the quality feel the width would be my summation. Rubbery chicken - but hey it's 99 baht for a full plate - dunno if they read EP comment re smaller portion?

Friendly staff, sport playing on TVs, good aircon indoors. What's not to like for an inexpensive fill up?

• Like 3