IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips In Pattaya - Where?

If there are any golfers reading this and you go out to Burapha Golf Club, believe it or not the club bar does a great fish n chips in a basket! 4 smallish fillets not sure what the fish is but very tasty and a huge basket of chips. Pig and Whistle is the best in pattaya and i asked the waitress what the fish was, she couldnt tell me the english name but said in thai it tranlated to "Fighting Fish" anyone care to expand on that?

Will have to agree with Neeroys especially taking the price into account. I found Simon's in Jomtien to be especially soggy and oily. Perhaps just a bad day.

well that sounds like proper english fish and chips to me..

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

• 3 months later...

Yep done the Pig and Whistle every time in town and been great too.

the Pig and Whistle gets my vote as well

the Pig and Whistle gets my vote as well

I suppose I could try the P&w yet again.

The last several times I went there, they appeared to think it was clever to use an old UK F&C Van method of pre-battering and cooking the fish and then re-battering and re-cooking it to save time. The result was that there was a mass of batter, which was like concrete, and a thin fillet of Dowey inside. The chips were ok and so were the mushy peas, but I couldn't tackle that batter.

There are several that are OK, but any of them are well capable of getting it wrong sometimes.

On balance I would go with Simon's or Goose's for taste and quality, albeit their prices are too high.

Edited by The Edge

I've visited Pattaya many times and I still think that Palmers bar in soi 13/4 does the best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

I reckon the best F&C in Pattaya on the 23rd might be at the Cherry Bar Soi 8 St George's Day Party. :10of10Score:

Is most FnC cod ??? I'm from Canada & love cod FnC we can buy other kinds here but not nearly as good. Also I like a nice thick fillet with more meat than batter.

Best I've had is Goose's on 2nd rd between soi7&8, bit on the pricey side but worth it

Edited by barmatt

Is most FnC cod ??? I'm from Canada & love cod FnC we can buy other kinds here but not nearly as good. Also I like a nice thick fillet with more meat than batter.

Many people assume Cod, although other fish like Coley are passed off (yuk).

In most areas of UK where F&C is taken seriously, Haddock is the first choice.

The flavour of Haddock is far superior.

Cod is a dirty mucky filthy bottom feeder and is often full of worms, which fortunately turn light grey when cooked and are not noticeable.

At 470 baht I haven't tried Goose's Haddock, but I have a birthday soon.

Edited by The Edge

I have had Fish & Chips at Bobs BBQ to be honest it was ok.

It would have been better if the fillet of fish was in a whole place and not in strips in batter.

This was a few years ago when I had them there so it may have changed.

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

Yep, Pig & whistle very good

Retired

Not 1 vote for the Stags head on this thread???

The best I tried and it was only 140 bht.

Pig and whistle pies always get me so I have never tried fish there.

Does the owner have an email contact? There is not one on the website.

I went there and I don't want to report here.

However....

Nice place, very clean, friendly pleasant staff - all good.

I ordered the Large Cod & Chips + Mushy Peas.

The Mushy Peas were Curry Sauce but no probs soon replaced.

The Chips were OK.

The fish - 3 pieces of - was Dory and not Cod.

I am not one to create a big scene. It never works here anyway. I just don't go back if I'm not happy - for a while at least.

To make matters worse, the very nice English speaking Thai man/chef/manager came out to my table and asked me if my Cod was OK.

I told him I did not believe it was Cod, but he only smiled and asked me about my motorbike.

It's a shame because it's very well run and I thought I'd found a good option for my weakness.

I shall probably go back one day, but I shall pointedly ask if they have Cod or not before I order.

The serving is huge and tasty, but the batter can be overly hard.

From what I know of the trade, I would guess that they use the old UK F&C mobile van practice of pre-cooking the fish to save time(?). They then refrigerate or even freeze it in quantity. It is then lightly re-battered or not and re-fried to order.

Either that or they're adding Portland Cement to the batter mix.

They are apparently oblivious to how many plates go back with a mass of batter left on them.

It's not Cod or Haddock obviously, but it has the potential to be a good meal.

The serving is huge and tasty, but the batter can be overly hard.

PigWhistle.jpg

Your pic makes me wants to fly there immediately & park my ass on soi 7 while looking out the small street next to it thinking where to go for the night & what i wanna do for that evening. :GoldenSmile1: Yes, i vote for Pig & whistle the best chip with baby peas i tasted in pattaya till date.They have a special price on 1 of the night in the week.

Queen vic Soi Six has nice cod too(think its at 290-330baht cant remember but i like the 1 at pig& whistle better.

Neeroy has a different type of taste of its f&c.ok chips with lots of battered onions that comes with the fish but seriously the chip is cook with over use old,its was a little dark on the outside & obvious taste of recooked oil but for the price at 99bht i guess u cant complain.

Canterbury tales has a not bad fast food type of fish& chip.i like eating here too.

I believe there is a lot of other so called Best F&C but its subjective to individual taste & mood of the day.Cheers :Chokdee:

Make Love Not War!

lovenotwar.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Panini's/Patini's ( can never remember the name ).Fantastic fish and chips,best I've tasted here.

Neeroys fish and chips is good value for 99 bt and if you're out and about at another bar they'll deliver it to you.Just a personal thing but I like their curries too.

Simon's is good and filling and worth a visit too.

There's another place I've had so called fish and chips from and the fish was tough and looked like it had put up a hell of fight because there were so many black bits in the flesh,won't be trying that place again in a hurry.

Love my Fish and Chips, but where I come from the Fish is normally crumbed not battered and consequently not a big fan of battered fish.

However I lived on 3rd Rd for a year and wandered around to El Paso steak house one night and had their fish and chips, crumbed the way I like it and very, very nice meal indeed, but a little expensive.

I've been to Neeroy's and as previously mentioned thought it was crap.

Had a feed of Fish and Chips somewhere just recently but can't for the love of me remember where it was, the fish was battered, but it would have to be the thinnest batter i've ever had, very nice, I shall try and remember where it was.

Generally these days, I just go down to the Fish Market at Naklua and buy a kilo or so of reef fish and make my own at home.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

• 1 month later...

In 12 days time I'll be arriving in Pattaya.

And during my stay in fun town I'll be having my fish and chips at Palmers Bar in Soi 13/4 :)

Gooses between 7 and 8 2nd road side.Best ever,only place i've found with real chips.