Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips In Pattaya - Where?

Jamesons would take some beating, they have it as a special on a friday so 3 courses for 195bt, if you go any other day of the week you can order it off the menu as a main course, please not when you do this have a healthy appetite as you get a massive wooden board with two huge fish plus ships peaes salad etc enough for two IMO but if you are a big lad you could probably get through it

• 5 months later...

Well I hate to say it but I won't be going to Simons Fish & Chips in Jomtien anymore. You won't see any 'Smiley Faces' in THIS report.

The first time I went there I was impressed with the Cod they served. A large portion and delicious. The second time I went there I took a friend. The service was piss poor and my friend said he'd never go there again and he hasn't.

I went back a few more times by myself and tried repeatedly not to get upset with the piss poor attitude of the staff.

The last time I was there I ordered...and waited....and waited....and waited......and sat there in amazement as I watched two other people be served who came in AFTER I did,......and......a delivery guy get stocked up and sent off.....and I was still sitting there waiting as the waitress took away the plate from one of the guys who came in after I did. He had completely finished his meal...and I hadn't even gotten mine yet !

The same waitress just walked by me as if I wasn't there even though I tried to get her attention and ask if she could check on my order. NO ONE ever even bothered to come up to me and say something like "I'm sorry for the delay sir, I'll go and check on your order now".

I had been sitting facing the street and I turned around to try to get someones attention...but to no avail. It was obvious to me that my order didn't matter to them.

I finally got pissed off enough that I just got up and left...and I've never been back...and I don't plan to go back......unless and until I find out they've done something about the so-so attitude of the waitresses and the piss poor level of service. I'll try Neeroys and the others mentioned in the other reports. Thx for the info.

Cheers !

Well I hate to say it but I won't be going to Simons Fish & Chips in Jomtien anymore. You won't see any 'Smiley Faces' in THIS report.

The first time I went there I was impressed with the Cod they served. A large portion and delicious. The second time I went there I took a friend. The service was piss poor and my friend said he'd never go there again and he hasn't.

I went back a few more times by myself and tried repeatedly not to get upset with the piss poor attitude of the staff.

The last time I was there I ordered...and waited....and waited....and waited......and sat there in amazement as I watched two other people be served who came in AFTER I did,......and......a delivery guy get stocked up and sent off.....and I was still sitting there waiting as the waitress took away the plate from one of the guys who came in after I did. He had completely finished his meal...and I hadn't even gotten mine yet !

The same waitress just walked by me as if I wasn't there even though I tried to get her attention and ask if she could check on my order. NO ONE ever even bothered to come up to me and say something like "I'm sorry for the delay sir, I'll go and check on your order now".

I had been sitting facing the street and I turned around to try to get someones attention...but to no avail. It was obvious to me that my order didn't matter to them.

I finally got pissed off enough that I just got up and left...and I've never been back...and I don't plan to go back......unless and until I find out they've done something about the so-so attitude of the waitresses and the piss poor level of service. I'll try Neeroys and the others mentioned in the other reports. Thx for the info.

Cheers !

Not the first time I have heard this. The owner was on another board and started slamming Americans after he refused to honor a coupon from a magazine for a free beer.

I never go into a place with a For Sale Sign on the front. Better off at Long John Silvers.

Based on your recommendations, I tried Neeroy's as well as Pig & Whistle. Neeroy's fish was excellent, though the batter was a bit soggy.

As Chris Pattaya had said, Pig & Whistle's portion was huge. The batter was crispy and fish good. Chips were very tasty here as well. I returned a second time and the fish was fried too long, so the batter was hard. Overall, I did enjoy both Neeroy's and Pig & Whistle. Neeroy's was lower-priced, but Pig & Whistle is a nicer restaurant. Costumer service was good at both places.

For me, the best Fish-n-Chips can be had at Sizzler. Reason being, that it comes with the all you can eat salad bar. Best value for money for FnC in all of Pattaya!

Here's a pic from Neeroy's.

Neeroys.jpg

Millard.

You said you take HP sauce home with you from Thailand. If you're anywhere near Canada, just pop over the border to buy some, any grocery store here will carry it.

without a doubt, Neeroys on soi chaiapoon :GoldenSmile1:

Absolutely! Two pieces of Codlike Fish in lovely batter and proper chips all at 99bht!

Never been able to clear my plate it's SO filling!

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't.....You are right!"

Henry Ford.

Simon's in Jomtien. Look, you're not going to get great fish and chips in Thailand. But, if you never had real English fish and chips, you'll probably not be disappointed. Heck, Chester's isn't too awful, is it?

Other suitable English food for American palettes: bangers and mash (sausage with mashed potatoes), yorkshire pudding, bacon butties, trifle and the Cream of Manchester, Boddington's pale ale. :GoldenSmile1:

simons in jomtien is shite!! and too expensive !!

YOU SEE WE ALL JUST CAME FROM THE MACHINE FACTORY AND....SOMETIMES THE FACTORY MAKES BAD MACHINES THAT DONT WORK SO THEY PUT THEM HERE..THE BAD MACHINES DONT KNOW THAT THEY,RE BAD MACHINES..BUT THE PEOPLE AT THE FACTORY KNOW........THEY KNOW THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE MACHINES THAT DOESNT WORK.

the best I had in town is at Pussy Galore, tried almost everywhere on here and theres was best

Jamesons would take some beating, they have it as a special on a friday so 3 courses for 195bt, if you go any other day of the week you can order it off the menu as a main course, please not when you do this have a healthy appetite as you get a massive wooden board with two huge fish plus ships peaes salad etc enough for two IMO but if you are a big lad you could probably get through it

Had it delivered with door 2 door and was very happy. Tarter sauce and cole slaw were great.

ps I am American, so not an expert on fine British cuisine :GoldenSmile1:

Pig and Whistle, Soi 7 - BIG and very good.

Camel Bar, Ban Chang - BIG and good - if you happen to be out that way.

Simon's Jontiem - Good first time then went downhill - not recommended.

Hideaway, Jontiem - Don't do F&C anymore but curry.

Neeroy's - Never tried them but on the list now.

Butchers Arms, Soi Buekow - Bad meal even worse atmosphere due to some nasty old witch - landlady?

A vote for Neeroys, best value food in town. Never had a bad meal there, but had trouble getting a table as very popular.

My favourite is Neeroys with Chow Soy runner up.

Spidey.

A vote for Neeroys, best value food in town. Never had a bad meal there, but had trouble getting a table as very popular.

Neeroys Lasange rocks mmmmmmm

My favourite is still Palmers Bar in Pattayaland Soi 2 (Soi 13/4)

Palmers for me do the best Fish and Chips

Sportsman Pub on Soi 13 and Beach Road has a pretty good fish and chips. They have a lot of english style food to choose from too. Very fast service every time I go.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

-Bruce Lee

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Today is my last day in work before flying of to Thailand for Christmas and New Year. So tonight after work I'll go my local chippee for some English Fish and Chips.

And during my holiday I will be having Fish and Chips in Palmers Bar in Soi 13/4. Palmers bar is still my favourite place in Pattaya for this fish and Chips

NEEROYS IS SHITE

Been in there 4 times.

1st time for a Krap, and I mean Krap curry.

2nd time for Fish and Chips, was OK

3rd time for Fish and Chips, was harsip-harsip.

4th time for Fish and Chips it was dire, WTF, are those fried bits of batter?

I'm from the North of England, and you will never,ever get those scratchings as they are called, served to you as part of a meal.

I ate half, paid and walked out, never to return. :)

A place I like for Fish and Chips, can be found at,

Cafe Patine,

Soi Boukhao.

Its a kind of Italian ice cream parlour, opposite Soi 21, and just before Robins Restaurant.

A huge piece of fish, chunky chips, fresh?peas, and tartar sauce.

Freshly cooked, and nicely presented.

It's their Friday special, and is 149 Baht.

Lovely A/C, nice furnishings, easy on the eye staff.

I highly recommend it.:)

Edited by thechairman18