IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips In Pattaya - Where?

I had a really good fish and chips at Baywatch on beach road, although have nothing to compare it too in parts as it was the only one I had. Can some tell where bobs BBQ is, I went looking for it on my last trip but did not find it thanks.

Thank you for the info.

-*-------------------------------------------

September 2011 - Pattaya---- gogogogogogogogog

----------------------------------------------------

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20Pattaya&count=down&time=1314918000000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

Bobs BBQ is at Soi LK Metro, go up Soi Diana from 2nd road, then to the left by the family mart on the left side (Also has a gate saying lk metro), 40 meters and it's on your left side..

Up Soi Diana, left at Family Mart is Soi Lengkee, 40 meters up = Jolly Friar so I guess its not that far off topic, just gotta piece together the clues ! I met the BM about 6 months ago and a few of his buddies which is always nice to do ...

Edited by Jolly Friar

• 5 months later...

Apologies if anyone read my post, it was NOT the Jolly Friars I had a bad meal it was The Village Chippy, horrible frozen chips, not even cooked properly, had it as a takeaway and binned the lot when I got home, sorry again to The Jolly Friar

Edited by splitpin

Thanks in advance.

FYI, ironically, I never had English food until Pattaya and now love it. I even bring back a few bottles of HP sauce since it's not sold in the States!

if you live in nyc you can get it in woodside Queens

Hi Guys,

I just thought I would give an up to date review of the Jolly Friar, I went there with my friend and we ordered Battered Atlantic Cod, whilst he had Breadcrumbed Dory with chips.

The service was excellent our waitress name was Ae she was very smiley and a credit to the establishment.

Now to the food, the fish was excellent in both cases, the TarTare sauce portion was a good size, the chips were great.

As a final note, my friend left his reading glasses at the table as we had paid and left the restaurant, we were then approached by a smiling Ae who had come outside to find us to give him his glasses back.

Overall a superb experience, including the staff.

SDM197.

I tried the Jolly Friar for the first time last last night and WOW i was really impressed. Good service from the staff and the fish and chips were great big portion and good price. I won't be looking anywhere else for my friday fish now.

Had a take away from the new place in Jomtien today, spot on. Nice to see a few customers eating their as well. Thanks to the owners for opening in Jomtien, in the last year there has been a nice few new restaurants opening up.

I had Atlantic cod B200 which was white and flaky, large portion hand cut chips B60

Note to the Village Chippy owner , pop over there and see how to produce excellent F&C's

I tried the Jolly Friar for the first time last last night and WOW i was really impressed. Good service from the staff and the fish and chips were great big portion and good price. I won't be looking anywhere else for my friday fish now.

Thank you all for your kind words, I think we offer a qualitiy product at a good price, we will strive to keep up the standards over the coming years!

Had a take away from the new place in Jomtien today, spot on. Nice to see a few customers eating their as well. Thanks to the owners for opening in Jomtien, in the last year there has been a nice few new restaurants opening up.

I had Atlantic cod B200 which was white and flaky, large portion hand cut chips B60

Note to the Village Chippy owner , pop over there and see how to produce excellent F&C's

I am really pleased you have taken the time to visit our new store in Jomtien, we only opened a couple of weeks ago and we will be offering the same F&C as the Jolly Friar in Soi Lengkee.

There is a plan to open in Naklua in 2012, thank you

Ian

P.S Mark & Mia are the owners & operators in Jomtien

Palmers Bar in Pattayaland Soi 2 (13/4) does a great fish and chips. And the chips are the proper Chunky chips.

i been there they do have nice chips then agian i was half pissed lol

Jolly Friar Jomtien Xmas eve had cod, chips, garden peas, bread & butter some wine all very good will eating there again for sure