IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips In Pattaya - Where?

i don't know if its the best but tropical berts was good when i had it there couple of weeks ago...

Yep done the Pig and Whistle every time in town and been great too.

If it flies, floats or f's....Rent It!!

u can buy your self a big of chips at a 7/11. and have the best fried fish in thailand at the beach... :Question: ..LOL

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Simon's in Jomtien. Look, you're not going to get great fish and chips in Thailand. But, if you never had real English fish and chips, you'll probably not be disappointed. Heck, Chester's isn't too awful, is it?

Other suitable English food for American palettes: bangers and mash (sausage with mashed potatoes), yorkshire pudding, bacon butties, trifle and the Cream of Manchester, Boddington's pale ale. :Bravo1:

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

Palmers Bar in Pattayaland Soi 2 (13/4) does a great fish and chips. And the chips are the proper Chunky chips.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, ironically, I never had English food until Pattaya and now love it. I even bring back a few bottles of HP sauce since it's not sold in the States!

sea side, down soi chaiapoon, down from crazy daves, very reasonably priced , 2 pieces of fish,have mushy peas with it

As a fish n chip man myself i used to like the Seaside 2 on soi chaiyapoon for many yrs the best value.

But last time i had it was poor, very greasy, plate was nt clean too and just didnt enjoy it.

Had earlier tried Simons fish n chips JOmtien and they were great and the best have had so far and almost like back home and he does puddings too!!!

So my vote is get to Jomtien just before u hit the beach rd on the right sside you wil find Simons fish n chips.

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

without a doubt, Neeroys on soi chaiapoon :Kissass:

I agree

Agree with the two other posters - Neeroys is good - unbelievably still only 99bht so I treat myself to some mushy peas aswell.

I would also recommend Simon's but slightly more expensive.

Hideaway Bar in the Jomtien complex did a great fish and chips but not been for quite abit.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, ironically, I never had English food until Pattaya and now love it. I even bring back a few bottles of HP sauce since it's not sold in the States!

there are a number of ebay sellers that ship HP to the states if youre stuck

Queen Vic on Soi6 - I go there when I feel for some good ol' fish and chips. They serve cod, which is in my opinion the best fish for frying.

I have to agree with rajs123, I have enjoyed the fish and chips at the QV a few times and enjoyed the food everytime. I vote for QV.

In Aug i tried Simons in Jomtien as I had heard how wonderful English fish 'n chips were and Simons Fish 'n chips were in particular. Result was dissapointment . Fish ie: cod was great, large and quite tasty, but the chips were fatty, cold and lifeless - possibly some of the worse chips i had ever had. And expensive - almost ten aussie dollars. Will not try it again. Sorry Simon , just not worth it.

babydollsaddict.gif

Thanks in advance.

You'll have to let everybody know where you have tried fish and chips. And what do you think

You'll have to let everybody know where you have tried fish and chips. And what do you think

I'll probably choose at least 2 restaurants among those that are recommended and then post a detailed summary. I'm a food fanatic and have written restaurant reviews for online publications, so it's something that I enjoy.

I may also write a report on the best area for street food. If anyone would like me to include their favorite place in my review, let me know.

I'll probably choose at least 2 restaurants among those that are recommended and then post a detailed summary. I'm a food fanatic and have written restaurant reviews for online publications, so it's something that I enjoy.

I may also write a report on the best area for street food. If anyone would like me to include their favorite place in my review, let me know.

If you are going to write a report on the street food then I would like to recommend the PAD THAI being served on the corner of SOI 7 and Second Rd in front of the 7/11.

Good eats for 40 BAHT.

LIMEISTER'S PATTAYA JOURNALS

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Will have to agree with Neeroys especially taking the price into account. I found Simon's in Jomtien to be especially soggy and oily. Perhaps just a bad day.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Pig and Whistle, the only problem is that really it's a big enough meal for two.

Never tried it at Neeroy's. The curries were enough to put me off that place for life.

Oh, and HP Sauce is freely availiable in the states; it's branded as HP Steak Sauce.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.