Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips In Pattaya - Where?

Not tried the village chippy but my present favourite place for fish and chips is the Seaside Inn off Soi 7 (behind Tequilla Reef). They are lightly battered but only include garden peas and are very good value at 150baht.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

Not tried the village chippy but my present favourite place for fish and chips is the Seaside Inn off Soi 7 (behind Tequilla Reef). They are lightly battered but only include garden peas and are very good value at 150baht.

I like Seaside Restaurant and go there a lot. I think the one off Soi7 is a lot better than the other one in Soi Chuyapoon(sp)

I have several favourite meals there, but the F & C isn't really one of them.

As you say, it's garden peas, plus all that salad means it isn't very traditional.

The fish is Dory I believe and it's sort of breadcrumbed (which some prefer).

They quietly serve some of the best real crinkle cut chips in town.

No views on the Jolly Friar (Soi Lengkee ) ?

Not by you apparently. :GoldenSmile1:

About 20 posts up - # 84 (and the owner's at #77).

Ok chaps,

Great reading and reviews so far on one of my fav meals from back home.

Now stayin on 3rd road so wil try The Village chippy and wil also try the Jolly friar too and give u my opinion/review also for what its worth ok.

Gonna be swimming in fish n chips at this rate!!!

Cheers 4 now,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 1 month later...

Tropical Bert's is good, but the best i've had in Pattaya was at Gooses between soi 7 and 8 on 2nd road. Excellent.

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

Tropical Bert's is good, but the best i've had in Pattaya was at Gooses between soi 7 and 8 on 2nd road. Excellent.

I haven't found Tropical Bert's - handy for the 6 I see.

I went to The Village Chippy again this week and I'm sorry to say it's now off my list.

I ordered the Large Cod again and again I stressed Cod.

I received 2 small fish which were not at all fleshy and fairly heavily battered.

I don't believe it was Cod - probably Dory. Tastes OK if you're not fussy and it's cheap but this wasn't so it didn't.

In Pattaya itself (Simon's being in Jomtien) it's now between Goose's and The Jolly Friar for me.

Goose is expensive but the best.

I go to Goose when in town 2 or 3 times per week.

The Hadock is top class.

:001_Thank_You5:

The Hadock is top class.

i found it to be mediocre

The Hadock is top class.

I love Haddock, but the last time I looked it was about the same price as some BMs claim to pay for a ST.

There are two things that smell of fish and one of them is fish - or so my old grandpappy reckoned. :GoldenSmile1:

i found it to be mediocre

Do you know of somewhere, in your opinion, that is not mediocre or is that it?

I love Haddock, but the last time I looked it was about the same price as some BMs claim to pay for a ST.

Well short time is what ever but Gooses Haddock with a starter plus bread & butter along with a drink for 10 quid is fine with me.

I do love my food & never compaire the price of Thai fish in Pattaya. LOL. :GoldenSmile1:

Do you know of somewhere, in your opinion, that is not mediocre or is that it?

it`s the only place that i`ve tried in pattaya and i went there because of recommendations on this forum.

it`s hard enough to find REALLY good fish`n `chips at home.

Simon,s Fish and Chips in Jomtien best fish and chips for me ,I paid 195 bht for large Fish and Chips and cannot knock it BEST THAT I HAVE EVER HAD :10of10Score:

Simon,s Fish and Chips in Jomtien best fish and chips for me ,I paid 195 bht for large Fish and Chips and cannot knock it BEST THAT I HAVE EVER HAD :10of10Score:

It is very good and one of the best. If it was actually in Pattaya instead of out at Jomtien it would probably be # 1 and not up for sale (assuming it still is?)

I went there today and ordered Large Cod & Chips with Mushy Peas, but they didn't have Mushy Peas so I'm afraid I left and went to the Jolly Friar.

Just to be clear about price comparisons that I have given, your price was, as you said, for Fish and not for Cod, which is about 100 baht dearer.

I think Simon's Large Cod, Chips & Mushy Peas is 315 Baht.

I've tried Fish & Chips in a few different places in Pattaya and for me Palmers in Soi 13/4 still does the best Fish and Chips. I'll be in Pattaya in December so I'll take a photo of Palmers Fish and Chips.

• 4 weeks later...

I realise that the discussion here centers a round F'n'C's in Pattaya but felt a mention should be made of that dish offered by The Black Swan in Bangkok. Usually I stay clear of western dishes here in Bangkok (with the exception of two excellent Italian restaurants), as there is always something wrong, worthy of complaint. However, just today I had Cod, Chips and Mushy Peas (one can only eat so much Red Thai Chicken Curry) at the mentioned establishment and it was excellent. The place itself is rather dark and uninviting but the food made the visit worthwhile. Now the price, compared with Pattaya (never been but have 3 weeks set aside starting Nov 1st) is high - 550 BHT - over 11 pounds, but if you find yourself in BK on the way to, or way from Pattaya and feel a craving coming on, then you could do a lot worse than stop off for a late lunch, prior to a night of whoring.

Goose is still the best for Fish & Chips IMO.

Goose does have a menu & there is more than just Fish & Chips.

I also enjoy there soups & prawn cocktails.

Goose can be found on second road in between soi 7 & 8.

post-31229-044222600 1287851679.jpg

Personally I want the option of Cod, I want batter and I want Mushy Peas.

After that I want cleanliness, good service and a reasonable price.

Putting aside Simon's because it is in Jomtien, it seems to me to be between Goose's and The Jolly Friar.

One that I still have to try is Palmer's. If their F&C is as good as their Steak & Kidney Pie then it may be a contender.

Has anyone tried 'The Village Chippy' as advertised on the Pattaya People Channel?

Edited by ryydman

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

Has anyone tried 'The Village Chippy' as advertised on the Pattaya People Channel?

Several times, as posted previously in this very thread. :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi chaps,

Have tried Jolly Friar (soi Lengkee) a few wks back & was pleasantly surprised.

Its a very similar setup to Gooses on 2nd rd new, nice & clean tiled decor & aircon restaurant with plenty tables.

I had noticed the special offer fish n chips at 100bt but was told that was "small dory fish" and "small chips", so me being a fish n chip addict wanted decent portion lad! so therefore ordered Large dory fish (100bt) & med chips (50bt) which were nicely cooked and almost like bein back home!!!

I rarely struggle to finish my plate of food but was tested by the nice & ample portion of food that arrived.

Tasted a lot beter than the Village chippy (3rd rd) which in recent weeks has dipped below usual standard in both service (some staff changes me thinks) & the food served?

Although the Village chippy is bit cheaper you get what you pay for, but the Jolly Friar have got a good promotion on at the moment & I wil certainly give it another go soon.

I have tried Simons in Jomtien & reccomend it & thats good quality fish n chips too IF you live over at Jomtien way.

Cheers,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you enjoyed our Fish & Chips, remember we have Buy 10 meals and get 1 meal free promotion running all the time!

Thanks

Ian

I will be arriving in Pattaya on Friday and during my trip I'll be looking forward to eating Palmers Bar fish and chips.