IGNORED

Watch Tv From Back Home 3999 Baht NO MONTHLY FEES

Footymadstreams

If anyone has purchased a box elsewhere and it isnt working we can update with our software for 1000 baht  pm for details,

October Prices

Himedia 3999 baht

Minix 6 4500 baht

Himedia H8 6200 baht

Minix8  6200 baht

Minix U!  6200 Baht

All fully loaded

With catch up a additional 500 Baht

No monthly fees 

i just got my box the Himedia, and am muddling along.

Surprised people here ask about the cost and the programs they can get.

I guess most of you people are computer experts, but I thought there would be many newbies like me who

would be asking if there is a tutorial for beginners.  I can see the entertainment value and its great value for the money, but only when one is capable enough of utilizing all the features.  In two days i am only at the stage where i can watch a few movies, but nothing else.  Even cant get the remote working properly, but hey "rome wasnt built in a day".

Must admit though it does keep me at home longer and more often just fiddling around, trying different things, perhaps learn something new each day.

By the way footymadstreams is excellent service, really appreciate it.

ez

Elbenvillas get a wireless mouse makes it easy to use

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Elbenvillas get a wireless mouse makes it easy to use

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

thanks.  yes thats what footymadstreams recommended.  Going this morning to buy the Logitech 187 mini mouse.  read reviews, supposed to be great.  Right now I have my laptop mouse connected to the himedia box but too many wires on the floor.

Also going to get a larger tv down the road, as the 32 inch that i have is too small to get maximum viewing pleasure out of it.

maybe a 48 or 50 inch.  Just doing research now as to what kind, wireless, USB port,HDMI connections etc.

Still need to learn to navigage the menu on the box, still cant get to the window where i can see  or add favorites, but brand new at this.  A beginners tutorial step by step would have been great, but i dont see it on the website, so will just keep working at getting to understand it better.

ez

also want to attach external speakers to the TV, right now only got cheap laptop speakers, attached it to tv with the connecter from the speaker to the headphone slot in the tv, but cant make it work, perhaps need to get a 3.5mm stereo female to two RCA stereo Y Male cable.  At least thats what i understood from the internet.   The two red and white into the audio out on the tv and the speaker jack into the 3.5 female.  Or should i get speakers that connect with a USB connection????

ez

also want to attach external speakers to the TV, right now only got cheap laptop speakers, attached it to tv with the connecter from the speaker to the headphone slot in the tv, but cant make it work, perhaps need to get a 3.5mm stereo female to two RCA stereo Y Male cable.  At least thats what i understood from the internet.   The two red and white into the audio out on the tv and the speaker jack into the 3.5 female.  Or should i get speakers that connect with a USB connection????

ez

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, is look for a TV with an optical audio cable (hopefully your HiMedia is like Minix boxes that include optical audio) http://www.howtogeek.com/241828/what-is-the-optical-audio-port-and-when-should-i-use-it/  I used that cable to go from my TV to an external "soundbar" (external speakers). I now use that from my computer to the same soundbar, since I built my computer to be game capable and wanted the better sound quality on it, rather than the television. From your box to your TV, the audio should be carried just fine on the HDMI cable. USB audio isn't bad, but the red and white RCA cables should be your very last choice for good sound. 

Here are some examples of "soundbars".  They typically have left, right, center channel, plus a sub woofer, so you sound is "fuller".

All that being said, I recommend you first check out your new TV (and since you already have a TV box, that will do all your "Smart" functions, I personally don't think specifically looking for a SmartTV is worth being a selection criteria. Look for input output ports on the TV, and how much you want to spend, but don't worry about any smart functions. The new larger TV may have all the audio features you need without buying anything else. If that's the case, the TV sound is good enough, then no need for external speakers.

Another thing I do, is my Minix box includes Bluetooth. If I want to hear something very well, or not disturb the wife, I connect the Bluetooth headphones to the tv box, and I can hear everything perfectly (without blasting the neighbors.) That solution takes care of volume, sound quality, and wires on the floor. :-)

24 hour sale MONDAY

Purchase 2 MINIX 6 FOR 8500 BAHT WITH CATCH UP 

As a Thailand resident, sometimes i like to watch some TV from home (USA).  Although my basic local Sophon cable TV service has some channels (free in our condo), there are many major USA TV networks 'missing' and i don't like to pay monthly premiums for additional channels for USA news, sports or special events.

I've now had the pre-loaded "Minix 6" TV box from "Footymadstreams" for about 11 days getting familiar with what matches my viewing preferences.  For my circumstances, i've connected the TV box directly through ethernet, using both a wireless mouse and the included remote, watching on my smaller 50" TV.  

With the hundreds, if not thousands of options available on this pre-loaded TV box, i am learning how to meet my viewing needs using a combination of my local cable service and the TV box.  For instance, this weekend has been terrific with the Ryder Cup Golf.  My cable has the Golf channel which televised live play on Friday, but on the weekend Ryder Cup switched to the NBC network so i've used the TV box to watch via the Sky Sports channel.  

As an MMA fan, i also enjoy watching the UFC channel.  

So, this TV box has filled a gap for me with the major USA TV networks and special sports channels which has allowed me to conveniently watch in my condo or when i am walking about town continue to visit my favorite sports bars.

Did i mention, there's no monthly fees?  As a retiree, with more than sufficient income and assets, i still dislike recurring monthly expenses....except for necessities like water, health insurance, condo association dues and two ISPs :).

P.S.   For support, "Footymadstreams" has always been timely in his replies to my queries, so I have ordered a 2nd TV box (HiMedia H8) for another room.  

Edited by losgrad
  • Like 1

I spend 4 months a year in LOS and Thai television sucks so this system sounds great. What connection does my tv need to hook up to the box? Also will it work in the US when I return home?

Works worldwide 10 mbps if your set up is right

Will you be using ethernet or wifi ?

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, is look for a TV with an optical audio cable (hopefully your HiMedia is like Minix boxes that include optical

NOT SURE ABOUT THE HIMEDIA INCLUDING OPTICAL?????????????????

\

Another thing I do, is my Minix box includes Bluetooth. If I want to hear something very well, or not disturb the wife, I connect the Bluetooth headphones to the tv box, and I can hear everything perfectly (without blasting the neighbors.) That solution takes care of volume, sound quality, and wires on the floor. :-)

AGAIN NOT SURE IF THE HIMEDIA BOX INCLUDES BLUETOOTH????????

i am going out to Big C Extra pattayaklang today to look at the 48 to 50 inch tvs, jot down the model numbers then come back home and check the specifications on the internet.  Prices I saw are so cheap for the lesser known brands, some lower than 10K baht for some unknown brand, and mainly between 14 to 20K baht.  Brands like TCL, Skyworth, even some Samsungs and Philips etc.

Any suggestions on what kind of features I need.  Wifi? Bluetooth, HDMI how many, i just usually have the box attached.  USB, speaker attachments???

Thanks

EZ

Edited by elbenvillas

OCTOBER SALE HI MEDIA H8 PLUS 5300 BAHT FULLY LOADED

14595685_1770124779913406_55249687122806

Watch your favourite Movies , TV Shows/Series and IPTV in stunning clarity ,Breathtaking Colours and Sparkling contrast

OS Android 5.1
RAM 2GB
ROM 16GB
HDMI HDMI2.0 Up To 4K UHD H.265

You'll find the Hi Media H8 full specifications ......HERE

WITH CATCH UP 5500 BAHT

PM FOR FURTHER DETAILS

Edited by Footymadstreams

Minix 6 fully loaded and with CATCH UP NOW 4500 BAHT

Australian UK USA GERMAN DUTCH ITALIAN SPANISH  INDIAN  available with complete sports and movies package

TV Series Google Chrome You Tube 

NEVER MISS A EPL GAME AGAIN LIVE AND ON DEMAND

Barclays-Premier-League-Logo.png

Bathurst 1000

1abathurst1.jpg

Bathurst 1000  SPECIAL OFFER    MINIX 6 4300 BAHT WITH CATCH UP TV 

TOMORROW ONLY SALE   PRICE

sfx157225.jpg

October Prices

Himedia 3999 baht

Minix 6 4500 baht

Himedia H8 6200 baht    REDUCED TO 5300 OCTOBER SALE PRICE      SPEC HERE  http://www.himediatech.com/h8Plus.html

Minix8  6200 baht

Minix U!  6200 Baht  

All fully loaded

With catch up a additional 500 Baht

No monthly fees