IGNORED

Bite Me Bistro--Best New Place in Town

expatdude

Here's a marketing question .. your Internet home is through Facebook .. I choose not to have Facebook exposure .. only Facebook members can access Bite Me Bistro on Facebook.

It's a problem for me .. maybe others .. especially as you move toward alternative distribution channels and volumes

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a marketing question .. your Internet home is through Facebook .. I choose not to have Facebook exposure .. only Facebook members can access Bite Me Bistro on Facebook.

It's a problem for me .. maybe others .. especially as you move toward alternative distribution channels and volumes

Hi bro

I understand they have a website in the making.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Hi bro

Thanks Brutox, Whitespider, yes know it is a problem - we have the domain name and the host all set up, all we need is time! Has to be done, and soon...

At least by posting everything here, it gets exposure outside FB... Great forum

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Bite Me Tempura Pork Fillet on a Corn & Pepper Pancake, with Tomato, Cucumber & Asparagus Salsa, Smoked Paprika Aioli - 250 baht Wednesday special.... and a look at the week's 490B set menu (includes a glass of wine, a beer, or soft drink)

The Bistro is on 3rd Road Pattaya just a few metres from the top of Soi Lengkee. Please call 09-23456-385 for reservations

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Hi bro

Thanks Brutox, Whitespider, yes know it is a problem - we have the domain name and the host all set up, all we need is time! Has to be done, and soon...

At least by posting everything here, it gets exposure outside FB... Great forum

Hey, guys.

BiteMeBistro, you know best your customers' online gateways and pathways to your table .. my daughter taught me a valuable lesson in matching Internet marketing tactics to customers' very unique behaviors and buying propensities .. one-size-fits-all Internet marketing solutions are an unconscionable waste of the Internet's potential, which which have grown more highly targeted than I ever imagined.

Her business: bridal boutique .. when she launched, I offered-up: "Great!  I'll have a super-cool, high-functioning whiz-bang website developed for you." .. ("Sure, sure," my lovely daughter respectfully amused at her old dad) .. a totally rockin' next gen Thai, she understood waaaay more than I.

Her customers: Thai, late-twenties, next-gen (Thai millennial-light), female, Internet-connected, middle class, professional, college educated, aspirational, conservative, highly subscribed to social networks (especially, Facebook, where Thais are far more subscribed than in most countries).

Facebook for her generates 90+% of her deal flow .. her website? .. it is now a virtual paper weight .. she is now evaluating projecting her business onto YouTube, Instagram, other digital platforms .. lots of useful intel on the Internet about this stuff.

Customers in a restaurant -- your restaurant -- have their own unique behaviors and buying propensities, probably as distinct as your menu .. great! .. that's what you want .. distinguish yourself from the pack .. I bet you will find interesting the process of developing the right gateways and pathways for your retail customers, and particularly your specialty customers (new, non-traditional territory) .. they got to be quite different, eh?

And by the way, your website developer probably knows near zero about: (i) your customers; and, (ii) your business .. so, if you've not done this before, stay close and be unafraid to use a heavy hand in mapping out what they are developing .. otherwise, you might catch him unabashedly pouring the digital equivalent of tomato ketchup on that beautifully prepared Tempura Pork Fillet on a Corn & Pepper Pancake special you'll be serving-up this evening .. eeeyeeew!

Keep pounding man.

"Great!  I'll have a super-cool, high-functioning whiz-bang website developed for you." .. ("Sure, sure," my lovely daughter respectfully amused at her old dad) .. a totally rockin' next gen Thai, she understood waaaay more than I.

I agree with the fallacy of a whiz-bang website. One still sees these now and again, raising the question of "What were these people trying to accomplish: Effectively present their offering or succumb to some web developer's whims?"

I'd suggest starting off simply. The pictures and meal descriptions speak for themselves. Facebook and the other venues then expand on that.

The creations look superb. Best wishes. :)  

The creations look superb. 

They are. 

I have no clear picture of marketing online but I'm guessing in most cases the Pattaya forums like PA & word of mouth are more important than some glitzy web presence which on their own will be lost in the myriad promotions by third party websites in tourist places like Patts.

www.sugarcanemafia.com

My guess is that Facebook is more effective for capturing a range of walk-in restaurant patrons, but the web site might better serve the alternatives he is considering .. take home vacuum packed, wholesale vacuum packed, outsourced commercial kitchen, catering, late night delivery, etc.

Once launched, a web site requires monitoring and adjustment to determine how best to optimize its effectiveness, and how best to compliment Facebook.

My guess is that Facebook is more effective for capturing a range of walk-in restaurant patrons, but the web site might better serve the alternatives he is considering .. take home vacuum packed, wholesale vacuum packed, outsourced commercial kitchen, catering, late night delivery, etc.

Once launched, a web site requires monitoring and adjustment to determine how best to optimize its effectiveness, and how best to compliment Facebook.

Facebook is of little use in reaching troglodytes like me :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Agree + 1 as do not have or will ever have a Facebook account.

Agree + 1 as do not have or will ever have a Facebook account.

Hey, men.

I'm with you guys .. wonder how many of BiteMeBistro's target market fall into this category .. as he perfects the online footprint, he'll figure that out.

I am aware of it only from this forum .. wonder how much walk-in traffic is generated off of this forum, or other fora, or Facebook, or print media, or a web site, etc.

Great feedback thanks again, really appreciate it. Few comments later but have to do an airport run first, only time to post today's special right now....

Bite Me Tuna! All day Thursday the favourite seared tuna at 290 baht, a 25% discount on menu price!

Sesame Seared Rare Tuna served with a Seaweed & Pickled Vegetable Salad & Ponzu Dressing

Bite Me Bistro is on 3rd Road Central Pattaya, close to the top of Soi Lengkee, almost opposite New York Pizza. Tel. 09-23456-385 for reservations

image.jpeg

Bite Me Rack! Spare Ribs Special Friday from 1pm - 250B!

New! Free parking up to 2 hours across the Road in covered private car park.

Bite Me Bistro is on 3rd Road Central Pattaya, close to the top of Soi Lengkee, almost opposite New York Pizza. Tel. 09-23456-385 for reservations

https://FB.com/BitePattaya- visit our FB page for all the menus, photos and location map

ไบร์ท มี บิทโทร ตั้งอยู่ที่ถนนสาย 3 พัทยา ติดปากทางซอย เล้งกี่ เยี้ยงกับ นิวยอก พิชช่า.โทร 09-23456-385

เวปเพจ คือ https://FB.com/BitePattayaหรือ เฟสบุกเพจ จะมีทุกเมนู ,รูป และ ที่ตั้ง แผนที่

image.jpeg

Bite Me Rack! Spare Ribs Special Friday from 1pm - 250B!

New! Free parking up to 2 hours across the Road in covered private car park.

https://FB.com/BitePattaya- visit our FB page for all the menus, photos and location map

ไบร์ท มี บิทโทร ตั้งอยู่ที่ถนนสาย 3 พัทยา ติดปากทางซอย เล้งกี่ เยี้ยงกับ นิวยอก พิชช่า.โทร 09-23456-385

เวปเพจ คือ https://FB.com/BitePattayaหรือ เฟสบุกเพจ จะมีทุกเมนู ,รูป และ ที่ตั้ง แผนที่

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hi , can't wait to visit you in nov.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I didn't make the comment casually. I've noticed a pattern of underseasoning on a number of dishes there, with different chefs. Definitely not a one off.

Have others noticed this?

Of course if you go one time and got the seemingly accidental very over salted dish I recently had, you might come to a different conclusion.

differenteople like different seasoning!

What you like or prefer may not be what other people like.

Different strokes for different folks!

Very difficult for a restaurant to listen to one customer and alter their seasoning.

Perhaps the other 100 customers won't like the 1 customers preference!

Seasoning properly is one of the skills of a Chef surely?

yes, as to his own personal tastes, which will not satisfy everyone.

yes, as to his own personal tastes, which will not satisfy everyone.

Specially when half these guys smoke and have the palate of a pig.

Monday dish of the day! Sichuan pepper pork chop, braised red cabbage, roast pumpkin, dauphinois potatoes, Boursin cream cheese sauce (260 baht)

Free covered parking up to 2 hours across the road - ask for your parking ticket to be stamped at the Bistro

Please check out our vac-pack and takeaway menus at the top of our FB page - thanks!

image.jpeg

Tuesday's dish of the day! Roast Duck Breast - Ratatouille - 'Burnt' Cauliflower Purée - Crispy Onion Mash, & Carrot Chips!

The set menu runs until next Tuesday (see pic)

Free covered parking up to 2 hours across the road - ask for your parking ticket to be stamped at the Bistro

Please check out our vac-pack and takeaway menus at the top of our FB page - thanks!

Bite Me accepts MasterCard & Visa

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Specially when half these guys smoke and have the palate of a pig.

The customers or the chefs (or both)?

The customers or the chefs (or both)?

Le Customeeeers.

Just had the meatball special and it was really good,comes out looking like the picture above.

Will be back to try different dishes for sure. Would definitely recommend trying this place ,well done .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Archived