Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jomtien - my very rough guide

davidge

14 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

Thx for the update as I’ll be back to pattaya and Jomtien next week after 5yrs away from sin city!!

Hoping to try some new bars…cafes and restaurants around town in Patts aswell as Jomtien.

Pity abt roadworks but seemingly always work going on there!!

It’s not too much fun going too far down Beach Road at the moment and, of course, the baht buses are going along Second Road to get back to Pattaya. So if you’re in VT7, for example, you have to walk up to the lights and get one near Paddy’s. Or if you go to a restaurant or bar on beach road then you have to walk up one of the Sois to get to Second Road.

It’s only been 2 days but I’m not sure there are as many baht buses as I remember either.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

A new restaurant opened today on Thappraya near the traffic lights as you reach Jomtien. Opposite A Taste of Norway, near Paddy’s, on the corner opposite Three Roses Bar.

It used to be a moderately successful Italian restaurant which then moved further down Beach Rd, then it was another Italian restaurant that was empty or nearly empty every time I walked past, it’s now opened as yet another (mainly) Italian restaurant called Primo Bistro and Wine Bar.

I’ve only seen it on FB so far and impression is it isn’t aiming at the bottom end of the market! I’ll take a proper look next time I go past.

• Like 2

The Italian bistro/restaurant actually has quite reasonable prices. It’s called Primo. I’ll try it before long but it’s been lacking customers the couple of times I’ve walked last so far. I posted a review of another Italian called Salotto. It’s where Simon’s Fish & Chips used to be and it was very good.

Meanwhile, I had an excellent Chicken Cashew in Hemingway’s.

IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_4637.jpeg

IMG_4635.jpeg

@davidge can you recommend somewhere to watch sports apart from Hemingway’s?  Just finding my feet around here 🙏 

1 hour ago, Mr_wimpy said:

@davidge can you recommend somewhere to watch sports apart from Hemingway’s?  Just finding my feet around here 🙏 

In the first part of Jomtien nowhere really comes close.

I think Frasier’s is pretty good though not really in Jomtien and there might be a couple of sports bars further down Jomtien.

O’Garas in Pratumnak has some, but not everything and only 2 screens for sport.

53 minutes ago, davidge said:

I think Frasier’s is pretty good though not really in Jomtien and there might be a couple of sports bars further down Jomtien.

What about the newish place on Theppraya on way down to beach, close to the fish and chip shop opposite Maggie Mays?

I'm not a sports fan, but it was being fitted out when I left in March this year

3 minutes ago, penboy said:

What about the newish place on Theppraya on way down to beach, close to the fish and chip shop opposite Maggie Mays?

I'm not a sports fan, but it was being fitted out when I left in March this year

I’ve walked past and I think it calls itself a sports bar, as far as I could see they only had stools but any ‘proper’ chairs so I won’t go in as I can’t sit on those. It had customers every time I passed. Unless I’m mixing up a couple of places.

Robin Hood is being refitted as well and is now enclosed, I think,  but I don’t know what sort of place it will be. 

2 hours ago, davidge said:

hmmm - I would consider Farsier's to be part of Jomtien, but I guess my mapping boundaries sense is looser than yours. :)

Worth a mention IMO is "The Barrel House", which is definitely Phratamnak. They only have two TVs, but the food is good. On my one visit there I enjoyed watching an NFL game (you know the real football). :)

Just now, ChiFlyer said:

hmmm - I would consider Farsier's to be part of Jomtien, but I guess my mapping boundaries sense is looser than yours. :)

Worth a mention IMO is "The Barrel House", which is definitely Phratamnak. They only have two TVs, but the food is good. On my one visit there I enjoyed watching an NFL game (you know the real football). :)

The game where a skinny white guy throws the ball to black guys on steroids???

Not sure I’ll get to try The Barrel House, unless I go on my own. Too expensive fir any of my friends to go there.

TBH, the price also really RULES it out as a ‘go to’ for sport.

I’ve always considered Frasier’s to be more Pratumnak but I could concede it’s in the Jomtien suburbs :)

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

consider Farsier's to be part of Jomtien

I'm pretty sure Fraser's is in Jomtien. As far as sports, it's great place to watch. They show all sports!

Me and friends watch NFL football and NBA basketball. We've watched the last two Super Bowls and NBA Finals there.

Edited by Rocketboy

9 hours ago, davidge said:

I’ve walked past and I think it calls itself a sports bar, as far as I could see they only had stools but any ‘proper’ chairs so I won’t go in as I can’t sit on those. It had customers every time I passed. Unless I’m mixing up a couple of places.

Robin Hood is being refitted as well and is now enclosed, I think,  but I don’t know what sort of place it will be. 

If you are talking about Legends it has always been a sports bar. Recently relocated from Soi 7 to the main street. It has never had 'proper' chairs so I guess you weren't a customer before and won't be now.  Great selection of sports on many screens. Two very good pool tables. I would like better air-conditioning but I am just like thst.

• Like 2

ผีเสื้อ

8 hours ago, davidge said:

I’ve always considered Frasier’s to be more Pratumnak but I could concede it’s in the Jomtien suburbs :)

2 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Me and friends watch NFL football and NBA basketball. We've watched the last two Super Bowls and NBA Finals there.

Yes, but what about proper sport? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, discrete said:

If you are talking about Legends it has always been a sports bar. Recently relocated from Soi 7 to the main street. It has never had 'proper' chairs so I guess you weren't a customer before and won't be now.  Great selection of sports on many screens. Two very good pool tables. I would like better air-conditioning but I am just like thst.

I just can’t sit on those for any length of time due to a back problem. Most of the newer bars along that stretch seem to be all stools so I won’t be trying any of them, sadly.

From what I remember, Frasier’s wasn’t the best either - though did have the ‘booths’ at the back wall. Unless things have changed since the new ownership?

Legends is popular for sport watching, there's a new sports bar that's just opened in Soi Whitehouse called Champions that seems to be run by the guy that used to own Legends when it was in soi 7.  It's in the old Lips lounge GC that never did very well.

Edited by Love_to_eat_Thai
  • Like 2

Yes, but what about proper sport? :rolleyes:

You mean UEFA? 555 :) Yea they show that. 

Also MMA, Boxing, rugby, F1, etc.

15 hours ago, davidge said:

Robin Hood is being refitted as well and is now enclosed, I think,

Robin Hood upstairs Avenue Mall? It's always been enclosed.

About 3 years ago we used to go there to watch sports. We always watched in the back room.

26 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

Robin Hood upstairs Avenue Mall? It's always been enclosed.

About 3 years ago we used to go there to watch sports. We always watched in the back room.

No, there was a bar called Robin Hood run by a Brit opposite Natan’s. I’m not sure if it was sold but work has gone on there and it looks as if it might have been enclosed now. It’s not open again yet so I’m not certain.

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

No, there was a bar called Robin Hood run by a Brit opposite Natan’s. I’m not sure if it was sold but work has gone on there and it looks as if it might have been enclosed now. It’s not open again yet so I’m not certain.

The owner died about a year ago. His wife continued to run it for a while. Not sure what the status is now.

• Like 2

ผีเสื้อ

Ok I now remember seeing that one.

Just now, Rocketboy said:

Ok I now remember seeing that one.

FB gossip in Jomtien group is that the widow sold it to Russians who have already sold it to someone else (possibly a Brit). Maybe will be a bar again or Gentleman’s Club.

We’ll have to wait and see.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 23/06/2024 at 23:52, davidge said:

My problem with Frasier's has always been the quality of the food. If one orders a chicken dish it usually (based on my two visits) has been an oversized piece of chicken. To me that indicates that the chicken was fed steroids and antibiotics prior to being slaughtered in order to increase the weight.

No thanks.

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

problem with Frasier's has always been the quality of the food

I have never eaten there. I don't go for the food only to watch games!

My friends that eat while watching games say the food is ok.

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

My problem with Frasier's has always been the quality of the food. If one orders a chicken dish it usually (based on my two visits) has been an oversized piece of chicken. To me that indicates that the chicken was fed steroids and antibiotics prior to being slaughtered in order to increase the weight.

No thanks.

There has been a change of ownership, I’m guessing since you were there last, but I don’t know what difference it’s made to food etc. A friend goes there fairly regularly and is happy with the food but he isn’t the best judge. He even thinks the crap roast dinner in Hemingway’s is very good. I’m guessing his mother couldn’t cook.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 23/06/2024 at 23:52, davidge said:

The game where a skinny white guy throws the ball to black guys on steroids???

As opposed to the sport where the skinny white guy kicks the ball to the black guys on steroids? :)