Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGALLERY COLLECTION

Pat Roll

1 hour ago, Stokielad said:

I stayed here in July last year. WIth the best will in the world, there is no way you can this a 5-star hotel in its current state, it just doesn't come close. It really is in desperate need of refurbishment, now at least four years overdue, the rooms are tired, not well-equipped for modern technology in terms of plus points usb etc. WIfi was slow. Its

It could be 4 * at best, but currently charging 5 * prices. If you don't have points, this really shouldn't be on your list. The roadworks look like they will go the rest of the Summer, so a pain to access on 2nd road. Compare the surroundings and rooms to the Siam Siam, the new Space or Terminal 21 hotels, this one isn't in the same ballpark anymore.

Ok so what is for you now the best deal regarding the need to be close to our activities ?

11 hours ago, neandertal13 said:

Ok so what is for you now the best deal regarding the need to be close to our activities ?

Well I did name three in my original post if a higher star number matters to you, but personally I find Page 10 hotel to be ideal in terms of location, quality and space, and value. Its food is not great, however, if that matters to you.

Siam Siam would probably top my list, or the Hilton if cost is not an issue.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

Stayed there a bunch during Covid (1100 a night!)

Never in a million years is it a 5* hotel, tho. You might as well stay in the Mercure next door for a 1/4 of the price.

Hard to find a real 5 star in Pattaya, even the Hilton is really only 4 star.  Space hotel and some of the resorts at Wongamat would be 5 star.  

Edited by Arnie85

Barraquda is definitely not a 5 stars but ok. The breakfast worth it. I have booked 10 days there in July. Hope it will be good. Thanks to my points it will costs 150 USD. If I had not my points I would have take another place. I will tell you and give my review. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I’m now Accor Gold, and was planning to maybe make a trip in July, but both the Baraquda and the Mercure across the back are showing as unavailable for the month. Anyone know what is going on there? Can’t imagine the demand is that high…

TB-ES

15 minutes ago, The Blue-Eyed Sheikh said:

So I’m now Accor Gold, and was planning to maybe make a trip in July, but both the Baraquda and the Mercure across the back are showing as unavailable for the month. Anyone know what is going on there? Can’t imagine the demand is that high…

TB-ES

Mercure closed for renovation end of May till end of July. Baraquda is closed end of June till end of August.

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2023 at 11:54, neandertal13 said:

Barraquda is definitely not a 5 stars but ok. The breakfast worth it. I have booked 10 days there in July. Hope it will be good. Thanks to my points it will costs 150 USD. If I had not my points I would have take another place. I will tell you and give my review. 

Good luck with that. It’s closed all of July 

26 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Good luck with that. It’s closed all of July 

I had to change my dates and when I wanted to book again the new dates it was so expensive. Around 1.500 usd for 8 days. 

i just book to amethyst. We will see how it is. So no Barraquda this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neandertal13 said:

I had to change my dates and when I wanted to book again the new dates it was so expensive. Around 1.500 usd for 8 days. 

Be interesting to see what they do with the redevelopments. Was ok paying 1,100 a night during Covid. But it’s not a 5* hotel. Nothing like it  

1 minute ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Be interesting to see what they do with the redevelopments. Was ok paying 1,100 a night during Covid. But it’s not a 5* hotel. Nothing like it  

Yes definitely you right. We will see. 

i hope amethyst will be great. 

• 1 month later...

Baraquda is closing between July 1st and October 1st. I presume for a well needed refurb 

• Like 2

For accor, there is allways the Mercure Ocean Resort. It's Girl friendly btw. 

It’s also in a particularly dorky location in the middle of Second and Beach Road so it’s a big walk from the baht bus route whichever side you’re coming from.  

Edited by Arnie85

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from the hotel. The Baracuda will leave Accor Group end of May this year. No points/nights towards accor account after this date, even if you made your reservation before. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/05/2023 at 02:09, ZRHuser said:

Just got an email from the hotel. The Baracuda will leave Accor Group end of May this year. No points/nights towards accor account after this date, even if you made your reservation before. 

Same with the Mercure just behind it, booked 4 nights in Sept, will be a different chain than Accor, so no points or status points....bugger, need the points to stay Accor Diamond

3 hours ago, Pat Roll said:

Same with the Mercure just behind it, booked 4 nights in Sept, will be a different chain than Accor, so no points or status points....bugger, need the points to stay Accor Diamond

I stayed at the Mercure Ocean Resort this year, nice property. Got upgraded to a suite at top floor. Location is not bad, as near to Terminal 21. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Winthorpe said:

Hello all. Agoda is taking reservations for Baraquda. However, hotels.com is not. Does anyone know if that is because of the road construction? Thanks.

Only hotels.com can answer that. Booking.com and trip.com are also taking bookings 

16 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Only hotels.com can answer that. Booking.com and trip.com are also taking bookings 

Have you ever tried to get a simple answer from hotels.com?  😉

My chances are much greater here, thanks.

On 02/04/2023 at 09:49, neandertal13 said:

They are digging up the road in front of the Amethyst right now. And with the rains it will probably get very muddy around there. 

• 3 months later...

Both this hotel and the Mercure have become Heeton hotels. Has anybody stayed here since the change? I assume there were upgrades and not just change of brand?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”