IGNORED

Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGALLERY COLLECTION

Pat Roll

yes, book the Grand Suite, 81sqm over two floors, with a 3 person (proven) or more jacuzzi in the top floor bedroom. I just stayed there for 3 nights in Sep.....very nice.

I liked to tell the girls just before we went inside that it was only a very small loom, and its all I could get....hope they don't mind....kept telling them how small it was, they said that's ok...no problem. Then when I opened the door and we went in...the look on their face was so funny. Still remember 2 of the girls running around the downstairs bar/lounge room, jumping up and down on the lounge just repeating "Oh my Budha". so funny, look on their face when we went upstairs and they saw the huge shower and jucuzzi area was a laugh...a few more "Oh my Budha's" then into it hahaha.

Great value for money if you can get it on a 50% off Accor sale like I did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 years later...

One of the few decent hotels I’ve yet to try...might check it out in April. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. :Clap1:

On 14/01/2020 at 02:06, RAZZELL said:

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently?

I stayed there in july for 4 nights ... room might need some refurbishment, but the staff was great as usual ... still felt welcome although I'm not an elite member of accorhotels loyality programm anymore

anyway ... I'm really concerned about my stay this year in july. I love the location of Barraquda, but with the remodeling of Pattaya Avenue Mall to a NEP style venue, it might get busy and noisy

Edited by Zauberfee

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

1 hour ago, The Blue-Eyed Sheikh said:

Any recent word on threesome friendliness? Considering booking it for a late March trip.

Don't worry mate ... 2 girls/lb are no problem

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

I always stay at this hotel with the wife. We've brought back 2 girls many times, no problem. The staff knows us by now. We love the location. Baht bus to WS and back. Movie theater next door. Decent food options. We've tried looking for other hotels, but the ones we like charge extra for girls. And sometimes we bring home two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Recently stayed for a week. A few days in the deluxe room and a few days in the suite. Deluxe room wasn’t too bad and the mirror next to the bed is great 555

Jacuzzi in the suite is large but it takes ages to fill up. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for the info and photos about this hotel.  I am early in the process of planning a trip.  Maybe in Feb of next year after everything calms down.  I really want to get a place with a jacuzzi, so this is an option.  Looks like a good location too, but will keep looking.  Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

got this emil today from hotel

Dear Mr. Zauberfee,

Greetings from Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery

The repaid outbreak of novel COVID-19 is becoming one of the global threats ever seen, and the Thai government has issued the number of directives to prevent the spreading of the COVID-19 pandemic and to safeguard the general public.  Fully supportive of the “stay home – save lives” campaign.  Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery here by announce that Hotel will be temporary closed from 25 April – 31 July 2020. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2020 at 22:09, Zauberfee said:

Thanks for this.  A bit surprising that they have made the decision to close for all of July already this early.

• 1 month later...
On 21/04/2020 at 16:09, Zauberfee said:

short feedback ... got another email from hotel, asking me, if I want to change my booking or get a refund. I asked for a refund and had my money back on my credit card about 10 days later.

That's what I consider top notch, given the recent circumstances.

I will honor this for sure when/if I come back next time to Pattaya

• 1 month later...
On 05/06/2020 at 18:44, Big Fat Besty said:

https://youtu.be/YO2NT7BTXO4 Here's my review of the Baraquda hotel which was recorded towards the end of Feb 2020. Hope it helps.

I saw your video and trust me it is a very useful one ... thanks a lot for the detailed review ... As you are the last person in this group who stayed there I would like to get a reconfirmation of the guest policy from you as it would be the most accurate one ... was there any issues getting the girls back ??? What if you got 2 girls at the same time ??? Your reply will be of great help ... and yes thanks once again for the detailed review 

1 hour ago, aa17981 said:

... As you are the last person in this group who stayed there I would like to get a reconfirmation of the guest policy from you as it would be the most accurate one ... was there any issues getting the girls back ??? What if you got 2 girls at the same time ??? Your reply will be of great help ...

This hotel is closed since april and will stay closed until at least end of july, so there can't be any new experience about girlfriendliness at this hotel.

I have stayed at Baraquda (and when it was still Dusit D2) in the last 10 years at least a dozend times and never ever had any problems bringing back girls, no matter if 1 or 2. Other guys reported that bringing back even more than 2 girls was no problem. Same goes for LB.

It probably might be the same after reopening, but no one knows for sure now if there will be a policy change due to COVID-19

Edited by Zauberfee

10 hours ago, aa17981 said:

I saw your video and trust me it is a very useful one ... thanks a lot for the detailed review ... As you are the last person in this group who stayed there I would like to get a reconfirmation of the guest policy from you as it would be the most accurate one ... was there any issues getting the girls back ??? What if you got 2 girls at the same time ??? Your reply will be of great help ... and yes thanks once again for the detailed review 

when I stayed in February there was no issues at all bringing a guest in, I didn't bring in more than one so I don't know if there is a charge for multiple guests, there is no charge for one guest and as I had breakfast included she joined me for that too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I guess they have a strict no smoking rule in the entire property ... indeed if I am not wrong they don’t allow smoking even in the room balcony ... now this is something I haven’t experienced before ... yes rooms are non smoking almost everywhere but smoking is certainly allowed in the balcony .... but certainly not allowed at the baracuda .... please correct me if I am wrong ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2020 at 14:55, aa17981 said:

I guess they have a strict no smoking rule in the entire property ... indeed if I am not wrong they don’t allow smoking even in the room balcony ... now this is something I haven’t experienced before ... yes rooms are non smoking almost everywhere but smoking is certainly allowed in the balcony .... but certainly not allowed at the baracuda .... please correct me if I am wrong ...

There were no issues about smoking on the balcony during my stay. Email the hotel, ask them directly, "is it okay to smoke on the balcony"? put your mind at rest.

1 hour ago, slalom said:

There were no issues about smoking on the balcony during my stay. Email the hotel, ask them directly, "is it okay to smoke on the balcony"? put your mind at rest.

Hello sir 

I did have a conversation with them on their official fb page and this is the reply I got 

F5D1C01B-1124-41D0-85DC-033F2F296F8B.png

21 hours ago, aa17981 said:

Hello sir 

I did have a conversation with them on their official fb page and this is the reply I got 

F5D1C01B-1124-41D0-85DC-033F2F296F8B.png

Certainly looks like there have been changes, I if I rightly remember there was also a smoking area at poolside when I was there.

I actually request a non smoking room wherever I stay these days, go outside for a fag, helps to cut down on my smoking

• 2 years later...

I have been last year in August to that hotel. Really good plan for me, especially if you are Accor member. The location is perfect, the hotel is clean, breakfast worth it. This is guest friendly. 
The pool is not as amazing as siam maybe but really nice. 

i have been upgraded in a suite thanks to my statu and the room with jacuzzi was amazing. 

for me this is the best plan of you are Accor member. If not m une you can find other place as good and cheaper.

i just hope they have finished the construction in front of the hotel. It was not a good picture for a 5 stars. I will book again this year for sure. 

8 hours ago, neandertal13 said:

I have been last year in August to that hotel. Really good plan for me, especially if you are Accor member. The location is perfect, the hotel is clean, breakfast worth it. This is guest friendly. 
The pool is not as amazing as siam maybe but really nice. 

i have been upgraded in a suite thanks to my statu and the room with jacuzzi was amazing. 

for me this is the best plan of you are Accor member. If not m une you can find other place as good and cheaper.

i just hope they have finished the construction in front of the hotel. It was not a good picture for a 5 stars. I will book again this year for sure. 

I stayed here in July last year. WIth the best will in the world, there is no way you can this a 5-star hotel in its current state, it just doesn't come close. It really is in desperate need of refurbishment, now at least four years overdue, the rooms are tired, not well-equipped for modern technology in terms of plus points usb etc. WIfi was slow. Its

It could be 4 * at best, but currently charging 5 * prices. If you don't have points, this really shouldn't be on your list. The roadworks look like they will go the rest of the Summer, so a pain to access on 2nd road. Compare the surroundings and rooms to the Siam Siam, the new Space or Terminal 21 hotels, this one isn't in the same ballpark anymore.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

4 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

I stayed here in July last year. WIth the best will in the world, there is no way you can this a 5-star hotel in its current state, it just doesn't come close. It really is in desperate need of refurbishment, now at least four years overdue, the rooms are tired, not well-equipped for modern technology in terms of plus points usb etc. WIfi was slow. Its

It could be 4 * at best, but currently charging 5 * prices. If you don't have points, this really shouldn't be on your list. The roadworks look like they will go the rest of the Summer, so a pain to access on 2nd road. Compare the surroundings and rooms to the Siam Siam, the new Space or Terminal 21 hotels, this one isn't in the same ballpark anymore.

Agree I stayed here in January, no plugs anywhere near the beds and you would expect a smart TV for a 5 star hotel. One thing above about no smoking in the balcony, this isn't true the cleaning lady gave me an ash tray. However, there isn't even any chairs or tables on the balconies. I think I paid about £600 for a week over the new year period, definitely not good value for money with the facilities available.