IGNORED

Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGALLERY COLLECTION

Pat Roll

Being an Accor Platinum member, I like to stay at Accor hotels, has anyone stayed at this hotel and can tell me anything about it, if it is OK, and also Girl Friendly obviously?

It seems to be in a fairly convenient location, within 10 minutes walk of Walking Street and LK Metro.

Being also a 5 star is also a nice touch when booking something.

Thanks to anyone who can offer info.

Yes GF , the only thing that put me off staying there is the swimming pool , you lose the sun very early in the day

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Cheers for that, considering I like a 5 star hotel, I seldom use the pool.

I liked it. Funky rooms and very comfortable beds.

When I booked in they brought a drinks menu from which to choose your welcome drink which I thought a nice touch.

The staff were very professional during my visit, in a good way.

• Like 1

It was called Dusit D2 before. If you do a search here, you will see a few reviews. I stayed there just about 3 months ago. Very GF. You are a Accor Platinum member, try to ask to get a upgrade to the suite. It is way better than the room (double the size and a jacuzzi). Or you could book the suite and to see if you could get upgraded to the two floor suite. It is one of the best suite I have even stayed in Pattaya!

I booked a suite for a couple of days over New Years. It's hardly a cheap hotel normally, but that was a little pricey indeed. The reason I did so anyway is that they had a 4x points promotion (for "new" hotels), so now I'm at platinum level too.

It's quite a nice place to stay, with a no nonsense approach to you bringing "guests". Location is great for variety, you minimise the distance to a lot of places of interest. The pool, well, I never managed to get out in time for it to still have any sun, so can't really comment on that. Same goes for breakfast and such.

Hey thanks guys.

I booked a Sofitel in Dubai last November on the 4x points deal, has kept me up in the Platinum range well and truly.

As a Platinum member they do look after you with upgrades usually, well done on getting to Platinum Boxershrimp, it has its nice little perks.

I booked a lesser suite in the Muse McGallery in Bangkok in March (on a 50% off special), they upgraded me to a full suite. The outdoor balcony alone on the 17th floor suite was about twice the size of the room I had in Hong Kong, all for just me and my Thai travel companion on that trip, nice touch Accor.

Yes I think I may book the lesser suite in this hotel and hope for the upgrade to the full suite. Not the cheapest, but not the dearest either. It's always nice to have a nice place when you are "entertaining".

I try to book mid to higher spec rooms as well Matrix123, and then you have the real chance of an upgrade to the best suite, worked well in Bangkok Novotel, and The Muse, hope it will work again, all depends on availability though, but if no upgrade available, I still have a lesser suite to play in.

And thanks for updating me on what the hotel Was called, this happens a bit with newly "rebranded" hotels, where you cannot find reviews.

Edited by Pat Roll

I wasn't too sure about what the platinum would actually get me, but I've already had two room upgrades and a couple of nice welcome gifts out of it, at least. Funnily, what I assumed would be the most useful perk, free internet, hasn't been useful at all yet since I've only stayed in hotels where it's free anyway...

I got upgraded at the Grand Mercure Asoke Residence, for instance, along with real VIP treatment. Which was good, since the GF was with me and was suitably impressed with the whole thing.

If you do end up staying at the Baraquda, don't forget to do a little excursion in the daytime just across the street to the old gogos on the soi 13s. Not because they're so good as such, more because it's a bit different, and you can have a lot of fun there under the right circumstances. It's not everywhere you get to see guys rocking up to the bar with a walker and ordering a cup of tea, for instance :wink:

Thanks for that boxershrimp, I will have a look at Soi 13. Any info is gold at present, only been to Pattaya for 2 nights with Thai travel partner from BKK, so didn't exactly see a hell of a lot, did end up in a threesome with a Barfine from Walkind street though, that was a bit of fun. but will be there by myself for only 5 or 6 days in Sept. Looking forward to it, still doing lots of research

Just be aware that there are many soi 13s. At least 5 that I can think of, 2 of which mostly have bars aimed towards men who like men (or former men). The ones I meant you should check out are 13/1 and 13/2, they're right across the street from Baraquda. A good thing about the gogos there is that they open quite early, so it doesn't neccesarily have to conflict with any other naughty activities you want to get up to that evening. Here's a good thread that covers them and a bit more.

Just be careful. Soi 13/1 also have a few ladyboy bars. If ladyboy is your thing, that is a plus! Haha! If not, please make sure the girls at the doors are real girls before you go in.

Bloody hell, up to 5 Soi 13's. some being ladyboy bars. Gotta be on your toes, Ladyboys are not quite my thing Thanks for the link

I think you'll notice when you're on the wrong street. And if you still go in places with names like "Dream Boys" or "A-Bomb Boy's Club", you'll have a very hard time convincing me it was an accident :wink:

555, Thank God they have names like that, I might be a bit green, but I ain't no cabbage.

You have zero chance of finding me in these places

Yeah, too big a deal is made of the whole "OMG, what if I go in a gay/ladyboy bar!?" thing. It's not that hard to tell. And besides, there's nothing dangerous about going in those bars either, for that matter.

In fact, I recommend you to go to Malibu (precisely across the street from Baraquda) and watch the shows if they're on. It's mostly ladyboys performing, and although they're not always good and would never get a job at the big name ladyboy cabarets, there's something about seeing people having fun doing their best at what they love to do that just improves one's mood, you know.

Haha, when I told my other half that I was going to Pattaya, the first thing she said was watch out for the ladyboys, but yes, should go for a look, definately no barfining though. 

Hahaha! Pat Roll and boxershrimp, I was not talking about Malibu! The ladyboy bars on soi 13/1 do not have those name like "Dream boys". I have stayed in Baraquda (or D2) 5 or 6 times. Every time I came back from North Pattaya by baht bus, I had to walk from either soi 13/1 or 13/2 to go back to the hotel. I don't remember the names but with a little help from Google. They are: House, La Bamba, and Stringfellows. Please refer to the map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zZ3zda83chS4.kLgOKvuE78Nc

House and La Bamba, they are like normal bars with LBs. But Stringfellows, it is a hardcore LB bar. I have walked in once long time ago (may be the first or second time when I was in Pattaya) by mistake. If you want to watch some guys sucking LBs' dick or LBs sucking guys' dick, it is the place! Hahaha! :laugh::Grin3::68:

Edited by matrix123

Hahaha! Pat Roll and boxershrimp, I was not talking about Malibu! The ladyboy bars on soi 13/1 do not have those name like "Dream boys". I have stayed in Baraquda (or D2) 5 or 6 times. Every time I came back from North Pattaya by baht bus, I had to walk from either soi 13/1 or 13/2 to go back to the hotel. I don't remember the names but with a little help from Google. They are: House, La Bamba, and Stringfellows. Please refer to the map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zZ3zda83chS4.kLgOKvuE78Nc

House and La Bamba, they are like normal bars with LBs. But Stringfellows, it is a hardcore LB bar. I have walked in once long time ago (may be the first or second time when I was in Pattaya) by mistake. If you want to watch some guys sucking LBs' dick or LBs sucking guys' dick, it is the place! Hahaha! :laugh::Grin3::68:

I'm not saying the gay bars are on 13/1 or 13/2. My point was only that if you see those, it's a sign you're on the wrong soi 13 (since they are on /3 and /4). I'm also not saying Malibu is in any way representative of the LB bars there, it's more like a normal corner bar that happens to have amateur LB shows a few times during the night. Methinks you read a little too quickly sometimes.

Looking out for LB bars, though, really isn't that difficult. And it won't kill you even if you mistakenly go in one, as you've proven yourself ;)

I'm not saying the gay bars are on 13/1 or 13/2. My point was only that if you see those, it's a sign you're on the wrong soi 13 (since they are on /3 and /4). I'm also not saying Malibu is in any way representative of the LB bars there, it's more like a normal corner bar that happens to have amateur LB shows a few times during the night. Methinks you read a little too quickly sometimes.

Looking out for LB bars, though, really isn't that difficult. And it won't kill you even if you mistakenly go in one, as you've proven yourself ;)

Hahaha! I wasn't reading too fast but thinking you were planning to set Pat Roll up. He already said he was a little green. He was not interested in LBs and seems a little homophobic but you still won't clarify what he will see if he walked in those bars. Walked in a LB bar by mistake did not kill me but I was in total shock. I was in another bar just a few shops away. I forgot the name was either Las Vegas or Nevada. I was in shock because of the quality of the girls. They made the 40 something's domestic helpers (Thai, Indonesia, Filipina...etc) in my neighbourhood look like Miss Asia! So, if you are not into LBs or old ugly female. Go to the bars in Soi 13/1 and 13/2 is just wasting your time! : )

Well, you know, the Las Vegases actually have some fairly attractive talent sometimes. Of course, those rarely stay on for long, but new girls have to start somewhere. That said, on average one does not normally go to /1 and /2 in search of the young and pretty, you're right there. I just think it would be a waste to stay right next to them but miss out on experiencing the, let's say, unique atmosphere in the gogos around there. Most people have no idea they even exist.

Hahaha! I wasn't reading too fast but thinking you were planning to set Pat Roll up. He already said he was a little green. He was not interested in LBs and seems a little homophobic but you still won't clarify what he will see if he walked in those bars. Walked in a LB bar by mistake did not kill me but I was in total shock. I was in another bar just a few shops away. I forgot the name was either Las Vegas or Nevada. I was in shock because of the quality of the girls. They made the 40 something's domestic helpers (Thai, Indonesia, Filipina...etc) in my neighbourhood look like Miss Asia! So, if you are not into LBs or old ugly female. Go to the bars in Soi 13/1 and 13/2 is just wasting your time! : )

Thanks guys, consider myself far from homophobic, just prefer the company of a beautiful woman. Suggested that I might be a bit green in reference to having spent only 2 nights in Pattaya, and that was with my Thai travel Friend from BKK, so was not exactly exploring the city greatly.

Looking forward to my solo trip back to Pattaya in Sep and checking out sooo many places, which will probably include a LB bar or show, just for the entertainment side of things, and the ability to say "been there, done that"

Fab hotel.

was there a few years back.

Have pics so will try to find them.

My pics always show a hotel for what it is.   :Think1:   

:Wassup1:

Thanks guys, consider myself far from homophobic, just prefer the company of a beautiful woman. Suggested that I might be a bit green in reference to having spent only 2 nights in Pattaya, and that was with my Thai travel Friend from BKK, so was not exactly exploring the city greatly.

Looking forward to my solo trip back to Pattaya in Sep and checking out sooo many places, which will probably include a LB bar or show, just for the entertainment side of things, and the ability to say "been there, done that"

I didn't get that vibe from you, no worries. But I feel that I should maybe explain a bit further why I would recommend you to visit the 13s, I don't like for people to think I'm taking the piss when I'm not. Also, I'm only interested in those who were born women, so don't worry about the LB aspect with me.

The gogos on the 13s are rather "special", in the sense that you will not find this kind of thing elsewhere in Pattaya. A lot of the time, it's just a relaxing way to spend an early afternoon. Sometimes, it's so incredibly bad that you will run away to wash your eyes out with lye. A few times, it's fucking awesome when you just jibe with a couple of girls at once. Either way, you pretty much never see any two-week millionaires there (except me :wink:), so you get some bragging rights if you know those sois when you talk to friend who never goes anywhere except WS.

Sorry, I didn't mean to call you "a little homophobic". But after I informed you there are a few LB bars, your response was "bloody hell, up to 5 Soi 13's. Some being ladyboy bars. Gotta be on your toes, ladyboys are not quite my thing". That is why I got that idea. Sorry to misread your post. Boxershrimp was trying to suggest a "alternative" fun of Soi 13/1 and 13/2 but he did not explain the "details". So, I was thinking he must be trying to make fun of you. My posts was trying to explain what you will see. Wasn't try to show any disrespecful to nobody! :68:

So, we already gave you almost the full reviews of Soi 13/1 and 13/2 (beside the LB bars, Malibu, and Las Vegas, only a couple more gogo and beer bars on the two soi). I hope you will have fun in September.

Edited by matrix123