Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGALLERY COLLECTION

Pat Roll

Fab Hotel.

was there a few years back.

Have pics so will try to find them.

My pics always show a hotel for what it is.   :Think1:   

:Wassup1:

Thanks Jack, yeah, photos that are on the web are usually professionally taken and make a dump look a million dollars (not saying this place is a dump. far from it, it seems)

I didn't get that vibe from you, no worries. But I feel that I should maybe explain a bit further why I would recommend you to visit the 13s, I don't like for people to think I'm taking the piss when I'm not. Also, I'm only interested in those who were born women, so don't worry about the LB aspect with me.

The gogos on the 13s are rather "special", in the sense that you will not find this kind of thing elsewhere in Pattaya. A lot of the time, it's just a relaxing way to spend an early afternoon. Sometimes, it's so incredibly bad that you will run away to wash your eyes out with lye. A few times, it's fucking awesome when you just jibe with a couple of girls at once. Either way, you pretty much never see any two-week millionaires there (except me :wink:), so you get some bragging rights if you know those sois when you talk to friend who never goes anywhere except WS.

Thanks for clarifying that Box, I will have a look, especially if I am so close. I do enjoy seeing and going to some places that have not been seen by everyone. Even though it's not my "scene", I probably will enjoy a look for the novelty value.

Appreciate your imput.

Sorry, I didn't mean to call you "a little homophobic". But after I informed you there are a few LB bars, your response was "bloody hell, up to 5 Soi 13's. Some being ladyboy bars. Gotta be on your toes, Ladyboys are not quite my thing". That is why I got that idea. Sorry to misread your post. Boxershrimp was trying to suggest a "alternative" fun of Soi 13/1 and 13/2 but he did not explain the "details". So, I was thinking he must be trying to make fun of you. My posts was trying to explain what you will see. Wasn't try to show any disrespecful to nobody! :68:

So, we already gave you almost the full reviews of Soi 13/1 and 13/2 (beside the LB bars, Malibu, and Las Vegas, only a couple more gogo and beer bars on the two soi). I hope you will have fun in September.

Hey Matrix123, no offense taken and appreciate your imput. The way I replied could be seen as a little homophobic, but I was refering to the number of the same soi numbers and to going to LB bars for my nights entertainment and to find a ST or LT, but to go there for a look and see something different, by all means.

BTW, between you and Boxershrimp, you have enlightened me a little on this area, thanks guys, looking forward to Sept.

Im an accor silver and stay about 20 nights a year.

How did the 4x get you to platinum?

Would book for sure if it got me there.

Even with silver I find the membership worthwhile.

Lb

Im an accor silver and stay about 20 nights a year.

How did the 4x get you to platinum?

Would book for sure if it got me there.

Even with silver I find the membership worthwhile.

Lb

I got upgraded from silver to gold and then to platinum total took me about 18 months. I also joined Accor plus. It has all kinds of deals. I have never taken the 4x promotion but a few triple points. For example, I stayed 3 days in Bangkok Sofitel Sukhumvit in March. I got 1377 base points. I got 1047 points accelerator. 2754 get triple. So, a 3 days stay, I got more than 5000 points. If you keep having those deals, it won't take long to get to platinum.

Edited by matrix123

Yes the 4x promotion was great. I stayed at the brand new Sofitel in Dubai for 6 nights late last year, 3152 points for the stay, 2396 points accelerator, and 9456 points for the x4 promotion. That's 15004 points to stay for 6 nights. That's only one stay, I also stayed 7 nights at the Novotel Ploenchet and 5 nights at the Novotel in Hong Kong, all booked last september when they were offering specials on bookings, so I got an extra 1000, then 3000, then 4000 for bookings I made in September.

I love loyalty points chasing, last Sept I was away for 19 nights and accumulated 36024 Accor points alone. All this by keeping a close eye on the specials available.

ie in Dubai, I wasn't going to stay at a Sofitel, but with the promotions on offer, especially if you factor in what the points are worth, it was a good option.

Also spent 23 nights away last March (2014) staying in Sofitels, Novotels, in Melb, KL, Sin, Syd, and scored another 20835, all by booking when specials are on. ie got 5234 points on one booking as it was a 5x 5th birthday special for a short time only.

Love my Platinum loyalty, usually gets me nice upgrades too. The suite that I got upgraded to in The Muse in BKK in March, had an outdoor balcony alone about twice the size of my hotel in HKG last year.

And don't get me started on my Qantas Frequent Flyer points, love them even more.

Sorry, some shameless bragging here, will stop now, just pointing out that if you are loyal to a good brand and chase the points, it can pay off very well for you, it certainly has for me!

Can some one keep reminding me to post the pics from this hotel.

Took lots & covered it all.

Where's the pics Jack??

just a reminder 555

Jack you cunt post your pics. LOL. 

Tomorrow I hope.

:Think1:

:hello09:

Being an Accor Platinum member, I like to stay at Accor hotels, has anyone stayed at this hotel and can tell me anything about it, if it is OK, and also Girl Friendly obviously?

It seems to be in a fairly convenient location, within 10 minutes walk of Walking street and LK Metro.

Being also a 5 star is also a nice touch when booking something.

Thanks to anyone who can offer info.

When I was there it was the D2 part of the Dust group.

Still the same was round there to see my mate on my last trip.

Thanks Jack, yeah, photos that are on the web are usually professionally taken and make a dump look a million dollars (not saying this place is a dump. far from it, it seems)

I am a point & shoot guy with my camera, no pro se you will see it as it is & not done to sex it up or make it more glossy.

Where's the pics Jack??

just a reminder 555

Well thanks for that I am not going to try & post them & give you a real good look at it all.

Here is my pics.

DSC09162.JPG

DSC09163.JPG

DSC09164.JPG

DSC09165.JPG

DSC09169.JPG

DSC09171.JPG

DSC09172.JPG

DSC09173.JPG

DSC09174.JPG

DSC09177.JPG

more of the room.

Comfortable bed.

DSC09178.JPG

DSC09180.JPG

DSC09181.JPG

DSC09183.JPG

DSC09184.JPG

DSC09187.JPG

DSC09188.JPG

DSC09194.JPG

DSC09195.JPG

DSC09202.JPG

Room & view from the balcony over looking the pool.

DSC09203.JPG

Small wardrobe & cupboards. very small.

DSC09204.JPG

safe small to small IMO.

DSC09251.JPG

DSC09197.JPG

DSC09200.JPG

DSC09201.JPG

DSC09237.JPG

DSC09240.JPG

DSC09244.JPG

DSC09253.JPG

Yes you have to bring your own swimming partners.

Reception & front desk. 

Bar area directly behind.

DSC09138.JPGDSC09139.JPGDSC09141.JPGDSC09142.JPGDSC09143.JPGDSC09146.JPGDSC09147.JPGDSC09149.JPGDSC09150.JPGDSC09153.JPG

Cheers for that Jack, doesn't look a bad place at all.

Are those pics of the standard level room?.

Love a shower that has room for 2....or more 555

Reading room & business office if you do not have your own note book or lap top.

DSC09208.JPG

DSC09209.JPG

DSC09211.JPG

DSC09212.JPG

DSC09213.JPG

DSC09215.JPG

DSC09221.JPG

The lifts are great no one can use them with out the room fob.

DSC09258.JPG

DSC09260.JPG

DSC09263.JPG

The bar is nice relaxed & they do cocktails & some great wines.

DSC09242.JPGDSC09243.JPGDSC09244.JPGDSC09253.JPGDSC09633.JPGDSC09643.JPG

Have lots more just need to find them.

Remind me as I do forget. 

Cheers for that Jack, doesn't look a bad place at all.

Are those pics of the standard level room?.

Love a shower that has room for 2....or more 555

Yes standard room & the shower had room for 2 or 3 & had  seat you could pull out.

Its not a cheap hotel but a very nice hotel for a nice stay.

:Wassup1:

Cheers Jack, I think you talked me into it.

Might wait for an Accor 50% off special, and book the next level up, which is a suite.

Not too cheap, but also with the 50% off, if I can get it, not ridiculous either.

I do like parking my fat ass in a nice place when I go away, even if its a bit more expensive.

Cheers Jack, I think you talked me into it.

Might wait for an Accor 50% off special, and book the next level up, which is a suite.

Not too cheap, but also with the 50% off, if I can get it, not ridiculous either.

I do like parking my fat ass in a nice place when I go away, even if its a bit more expensive.

How much is a suite ???

Very nice but not sure you need one for a Pattaya holiday unless you wanted to stay in have a Jacuzzi & enjoy the lounge.   :GoldenSmile1:

Very nice hotel.

How much is a suite ???

Differs over the year, of course. And I don't want to tell you what I paid booking a suite for 8 days over New Years. We're talking stupid money here. (I went with it anyway on account of that 4x points promotion.)

But it's not cheap, if you just say you want to book it right the hell now. Accor have 40% sales a couple of times a year, though, and that's a really good time to book (of bloody course).

Basically, no matter how much discount you got, the cost of a suite in Baraquda is about double of a standard room. The two floor suite is about triple of a standard room. IMHO, the standard room is a little small. If you are Accor Gold/Platinum memeber and don't mind to spend, book a suite. It is double the size of a standard room. You may also have a chance to be upgraded to the two floor suite.

By the way, it is a small hotel. No lounge here.

Thanks Matrix, yes the Platinum usually gets you an upgrade, but not always. I like to book a junior suite and maybe get upgraded to the full suite, has happened a couple of times now, and very nice.

Didn't know it had no Lounge, but thats not a deal breaker, just have to get some supplies for the room.

I have this hotel booked in Sep for about 6000THB a night for the Junior suite. This is the fully flexible rate with cancellation, I hope to get it at a lot cheaper rate if they run a 40%, 50% special soon.

Not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive either, for a nice 5 star

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.

Even though Im silver I have always gotten an upgrade and touch wood allowed to the room at anytime.

We do the same about chasing specials.
I probably should of booked this trip at the Mecure but with the Tulip being built next door thought it might be a pain in the arse.

Great pictures Jack.

Lb