Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGALLERY COLLECTION

Pat Roll

Basically, no matter how much discount you got, the cost of a suite in Baraquda is about double of a standard room. The two floor suite is about triple of a standard room. IMHO, the standard room is a little small. If you are Accor Gold/Platinum memeber and don't mind to spend, book a suite. It is double the size of a standard room. You may also have a chance to be upgraded to the two floor suite.

By the way, it is a small hotel. No lounge here.

Good info thanks for posting.

:Wassup1:

Thanks Matrix, yes the Platinum usually gets you an upgrade, but not always. I like to book a junior suite and maybe get upgraded to the full suite, has happened a couple of times now, and very nice.

Didn't know it had no Lounge, but thats not a deal breaker, just have to get some supplies for the room.

I have this hotel booked in Sep for about 6000THB a night for the Junior suite. This is the fully flexible rate with cancellation, I hope to get it at a lot cheaper rate if they run a 40%, 50% special soon.

Not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive either, for a nice 5 star

6,000 Baht is expensive with my current budget but if you have the money want the suite for you & the honey then yes have it & enjoy it.

Hope you report back & give us some return opinion on this hotel after September ???

I have more pics, please remind me to post them.

To  busy now as work is flat out kind of.

Jack.

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed 7 nights at Baraquda in July 2015. Great hotel, good value for money (about 80 euro per night in low season incl breakfast).

Location is great on the second road. About 10 mins walk to Walking Street, 5 mins to LK Metro. Baht bus goes north in front of the hotel and south from the beach road that is 1 min walk away along Soi 13/2.

Staff is very friendly opening doors, greeting and smiling wherever you go. You'll get a welcome drink and a complimentary cocktail in the sunset bar. 

hotel is definitely guest friendly with discreet booking of ID cards from 1 or 2 guests with no extra cost. They'll give you a call you as the guest leaves to check if everything is ok.

Breakfast is very good including made to order egg cooking selection.

The style of the hotel is modern sea/boat themed. The room layout is quite contemporary but nice with the bed in the middle and full size mirror on one side for the good view on the action. The shower has transparent wall to the bedroom. Everything is very clean and high quality.

The pool is not the best part of the hotel but ok - mostly in shadow, which is a good thing at least in hot seasons. The gym is small with dumbbells and some aerobic equipment.

I would recommend Baraquda and most probably will stay there again myself. 

Edited by Newton82

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread again.

Accor has the 50% world wide sale on and ends August 20.

The dates for Thailand are Sept 4 to October 31.

Cheapest room for the Baraquda is $52 Australian which is around 1400bt a night.

For memory the suite was $100 a night but this included breakfast, drink and bottle of wine.

The 2 story suite was $140 a night which is about 3500 bt a night.

Im glad its more than 1 girl friendly.

The Princess and I love to entertain a guest every now and again  :)

Lb

Glad I found this thread again.

Accor has the 50% world wide sale on and ends August 20.

The dates for Thailand are Sept 4 to October 31.

Cheapest room for the Baraquda is $52 Australian which is around 1400bt a night.

For memory the suite was $100 a night but this included breakfast, drink and bottle of wine.

The 2 story suite was $140 a night which is about 3500 bt a night.

Im glad its more than 1 girl friendly.

The Princess and I love to entertain a guest every now and again  :)

Lb

Gotta love those Sales.

I've just booked Baraquda for most of my next trip. Not an Accor Plus member, so got only 40% off. B1620 + Taxes. A steal IMHO.

Gotta love those Sales.

I've just booked Baraquda for most of my next trip. Not an Accor Plus member, so got only 40% off. B1620 + Taxes. A steal IMHO.

What's ya dates Sad?

Might see you at bar.

Lb

What's ya dates Sad?

Might see you at bar.

Lb

Hey Lb, I'll be there 21 Sep to 1 Oct. You still in town then?

Yes as soon as I got the email from Accor I booked my stay at this hotel. I booked the Grand suite at about $166 AUD a night. Thats about 4200THB. for a 80 sq m 2 level suite, I think that is not too bad value for what it is.

I'll only be in town now for probably 3 days now from 13th to 16th Sep.

BTW, thanks for that info Newton82, very good to know, looking forward to my trip

hotel has a great location but 2 downsides for me that will let me book other hotels in the future.

1) almost no sun at the pool

2) half bathroom is inside the room, very strange design imho.

Hotel has a great location but 2 downsides for me that will let me book other hotels in the future.

1) almost no sun at the pool

2) half bathroom is inside the room, very strange design imho.

Its true that there is not much sun to the pool. However, personally I prefer cloudy/shade anyway. At least on July its hot enough and you can burn your white skin in shade also.

Yes I read about the shade as well but coming from temperatures of minus and low 3 and 4 degree's, I think I will be ok with it.

Not a lover of sun burn or the sun for that matter.

Just cooks my lily white skin.

Anyway see how it is.

Lb

Very nice hotel,but sometimes the staff are too enthusiastic....knocking on the door to come in and deliver their daily small plate of 3 little toffees..I was taking a dump...,there was a knock on the door,and they took my ...sorry busy!!...as..".come right on in"

Eager staff member,with a small plate of toffees,locks eyes with startled guest,sitting on the crapper with the door open.

No doubt they have seen worse,but awkward just the same

Too funny CT.

I had much the same at my last hotel.

Maid finished cleaning and I thought..finally and stripped the lot off and was laying on the bed.

One quick knock and in she walked with the mini bar bill.

Our eyes locked, she laughed, I said put it on the table which she did and walked out.

Just another story to tell the boys.

Lb

Funny thing happened to me at Baraquda. I had hung the towels such that they were not changed (save the environment thing). I noticed it and was thinking I should call them to get me new ones in case I'd need couple in the evening. Anyway I went to have a nap and after I woke up there was a knock on the door "there are your towels". I was like wtf, took the towels, thanked, and closed the door. I'm pretty sure I did not call them, just thought about that. They must have learned my habits quite fast...

Just booked this hotel from Monday 7 Sept to Tuesday 15 Sept 2015 after reading the above posts... answered all my questions... Guest Policy ect...

Got it at 75 Euros a night for B&B standard room... Not a Accor member so a upgrade is highly unlikely!!!

Thanks for sharing all the information & photos...

"Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!"

Offside,

I don't know if I have this right but I think its worth a try or others with more knowledge might be able to say its right or wrong.

Every year we pay $330 and get Silver.

I was reading about the introductory membership which is free.

Only guessing if Europe is the same as Aust / Asia and its called Classic and its free.

You can link your 7 booked nights using your check in number.

It says on the Privileges Site that to get to Silver you have to stay 10 nights or 2500pts

Book up a few breakfasts and a dinner or 3 and your almost there.

Just the way I read it anyway.

Lb

Offside,

I don't know if I have this right but I think its worth a try or others with more knowledge might be able to say its right or wrong.

Every year we pay $330 and get Silver.

I was reading about the introductory membership which is free.

Only guessing if Europe is the same as Aust / Asia and its called Classic and its free.

You can link your 7 booked nights using your check in number.

It says on the Privileges Site that to get to Silver you have to stay 10 nights or 2500pts

Book up a few breakfasts and a dinner or 3 and your almost there.

Just the way I read it anyway.

Lb

I am not so sure about "every year we pay $330 and get silver". I was a classic member a few years ago and saved the points to be upgraded to silver, gold and finally became platinum member without paying any money. After I reached platinum level, Accor called me to join their "Advantage +" now called "Accorplus". That was about USD 250 a year and I got one free night a year and up to about 50% discount on food and drink. Edited by matrix123

Stayed here last year on our annual boys trip, and will be staying again this year.  Was upgraded to the 2-floor suite, but honestly not much better than normal suite and got tired of walking up the stairs to the bed - lol.  The view however is magnificent.  

Have zero complaints.  Never used the pool.  Service is amazing, rooms are great, rooftop bar is great and location is perfect.  Fantastic breakfast spot just up the street as well.

Also got friendly with one of the staff who will remain nameless as imagine that's a huge no-no for her.  Went no further than some drinking and making out on WS, as she values her job and is a good girl.  I definitely tried.  Btw - do not take a good girl from Pattaya to a go-go...assumed she knew what they were all about...uh no

I am not so sure about "every year we pay $330 and get silver". I was a classic member a few years ago and saved the points to be upgraded to silver, gold and finally became platinum member without paying any money. After I reached platinum level, Accor called me to join their "Advantage +" now called "Accorplus". That was about USD 250 a year and I got one free night a year and up to about 50% discount on food and drink.

That is how myself and many others started.

Accor advantage plus.

Started off 300 aust. and is now 330 with free night and 50% off and issued with a Silver Card.

Did you still get 50% food when up grading from classic to platinum?

Lb

That is how myself and many others started.

Accor advantage plus.

Started off 300 aust. and is now 330 with free night and 50% off and issued with a Silver Card.

Did you still get 50% food when up grading from classic to platinum?

Lb

No, I don't think so. Only after I joined Accor advantage plus.

I am not so sure Platinum members could get discount on "ALL" Accor restaurants. Last week, I was staying in a Novotel hotel in Toronto with my friends. When I check in, front desk didn't metion anything about the discount on F&B. We only had breakfast the morning we checked out and were charged full price. We were in a rush to the airport so we didn't bother to ask.

Edited by matrix123

• 1 month later...

I just stayed in Baraquda again. Now, they added a club/lounge for the Accor member. It only offer afternoon tea. No alcohol drinks.

This place looks quite interesting....

I might have to change my plans from LK Empress to this....  prices seem similar on both....

As we are travelling in March, the shaded pool area wont be too much of a problem.

OK, Im gonna tell the lads there has been a change of plan regarding hotels.

Thanks

Morning fellow Pilgrims....

Just booked the Stags and myself into this pretty little hotel.  That's the accommodation in Patts sorted.

I will def upgrade to their Jacuzzi suite, as I love bubbles and baby oil... 555 

5 nights