IGNORED

TAXI/LIMO SERVICES – Women Owned, Operated, Recommended

brutox

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As luck would have it, I came on to post a recommendation for the same lady ([email protected])!  After a few late pickups from my previous (lady) taxi (on this list) I tried this new one my last trip. Despite problems with both my flights resulting in my having to make last-minute changes to my arrival and departures she was bang on time.  She shares driving with her sister, both were safe and cheerful with decent English skills.  Highly recommended, tell her Richard says hi :)

What is the benefit? Safer drivers? Price? Or they bring others girls for extras?

This female owned/operates taxi thing sounds popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In other words, why wouldnt I just walk out of terminal and walk into any available taxi?

What is the benefit? Safer drivers? Price? Or they bring others girls for extras?

This female owned/operates taxi thing sounds popular

In other words, why wouldnt I just walk out of terminal and walk into any available taxi?

Welcome to the forum, spectnas .. if you haven't been to Thailand, you can be forgiven for not understanding the risks on Thai roads.

Take a look at the opening post .. http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/258475-taxilimo-services-–-women-owned-operated-recommended/?p=2962859.. the bad experiences of visitors by Thai taxi drivers is well documented in numerous posts here and on other fora.

These women drivers offer only one 'special' service .. reliable, safe, consistent, professional taxi service .. referenced by forum members here .. after you've experienced just one bad ride with a randomly selected suicide monkey taxi driver, you'll understand clearly their value.

Give one a try.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Brutox. Thanks. I have seen China, India, Egypt and Saudi S worst and scary to drive. It sounds like Thailand is in the same basket. Cheers

Some BMs advocate that.

Problem is, you have to negotiate the fare, and you'll probably have to haggle quite a bit to get the driver down to the same rate that the pre-arranged taxis charge.  Personally, I don;t see the point in having to haggle and argue with some taxi driver just to get him to the same rate that I will pay if I pre-arrange it with a service that comes highly recommended on PA.

Also, the cars are MUCH nicer in my experience.  I have used both Nam's and Ann's services (both identified in this thread) and I have seen photos of some of the others (Tann's), and they are nice, albeit somewhat small vehicles.  The taxis at BKK airport are shit.

Just my 2 cents...

Some BMs advocate that.

Problem is, you have to negotiate the fare, and you'll probably have to haggle quite a bit to get the driver down to the same rate that the pre-arranged taxis charge. Personally, I don;t see the point in having to haggle and argue with some taxi driver just to get him to the same rate that I will pay if I pre-arrange it with a service that comes highly recommended on PA.

Also, the cars are MUCH nicer in my experience. I have used both Nam's and Ann's services (both identified in this thread) and I have seen photos of some of the others (Tann's), and they are nice, albeit somewhat small vehicles. The taxis at BKK airport are shit.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks

Well, there is one company I'd be crossing off the recommended list.

ANN's Taxi Service.

Not unless you want to get stuck at Bangkok Airport at 1.30am with dick

In hand, but no driver.

We waited close to an hour, before giving up and just getting a cab from

The taxi rank. Of course that cost us an extra 700 baht, than Ann quoted.

Pretty poor effort, considering Ann confirmed our reservation (by email)

just 48 hours earlier!

Maybe I should just stick to doing different kind of business with the ladies

Of Pattaya.....LOL.

ANN's Taxi Service.

In hand, but no driver.

just 48 hours earlier!

Of Pattaya.....LOL.

What did she quote you.  It seems strange your taxi cost you 700 baht more than she quoted.  Did you haggle? I have got taxi from the rank once or twice and only paid a very small amount more than a pre arranged.  Took a bit of effort talking them down but no problems except he drove like an idiot.  Hence I always book Nams.  Cant go wrong.  

Ann quoted 1,000.

Airport taxi guy asked for 2,000.

I laughed....lol.

Got him down to 1,600.

The vehicle was a comfortable van, so I didn't mind

paying a little more than for a sedan

But then he asked for an extra 100 for the tolls.

I wasn't going to argue with him over 4 bucks...lol.

Since there were 2 of sharing the cost of the trip, it

was cheap enough.

The money is not the issue. My problem is with somebody

accepting my booking, and then not turning up. Not even a

bloody email. I had better plans than waiting at the airport

an extra 45 minutes....lol.

ANN's Taxi Service.

In hand, but no driver.

just 48 hours earlier!

Of Pattaya.....LOL.

Disappointed to hear that - I've always gotten great service from Ann, but all it takes is one bad experience to cross them off the list (as you suggest).

As you say, while there may be an excuse for the driver to be late/fail to show, there is NO excuse for the failure to email and let you know.

Unfortunately I'll be moving on from Ann as well.

A no show Pattaya pick up for my international flight out of Swampy - not what ya need on what can already be a stressful day.

Luckily it was in the day time and I was able to get in touch with her.

No explanation from her side but the driver wasn't shy in telling me who was at fault.

40 minutes behind schedule from the get go.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

40 minutes behind schedule from the get go.

HOLY SHIT!  That's my worst nightmare!  I freak if my taxi driver here is 5 minutes late.

I am totally paranoid about getting to the airport early, so even 40 minutes late, I would've been fine time-wise, but I would've had a coronary.  

HOLY SHIT! That's my worst nightmare! I freak if my taxi driver here is 5 minutes late.

I am totally paranoid about getting to the airport early, so even 40 minutes late, I would've been fine time-wise, but I would've had a coronary.

Yes I was quite stressed out on the way to Bangers as time was a bit tight.

Compounding things for the worst, the last minute driver she sent to pick me up was either high on drugs or had some kind of fit on the way.

Suffice to say it was the worst taxi ride of my life, and that's saying something!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Imagine woman owned and driven suv service with tinted windows and additional girl in the back seat with passenger for extra services... This is enterpreneurship

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add one of the new drivers in Pattaya. She is an excellent driver is always on time and waits in case of delays or anything else.

Communicates well and replies within minutes.

She also offers a highly competitive price to and from the airport which I doubt she can maintain in the long run but if I was you guys I would take it into account of you need a solid driver now. She is hard to beat.

Speaks good English and is quit the funny lady.

See her details on her address card she gave me.

Just tell her you got her details from me....The Big Belgian Guy hahaha and she might have some stories to entertain you for the drive up to Bkk hahahaha

Trust me they are all lies.....hahaha

001_zps5v1cdxwz.jpg

she is by far the best service and friendliest girl out there driving you around

she quotes 1000baht to and from airport

18baht for driving you around all day around Pattaya as a tour guide to all or whatever attraction in town and waits for you if needed.

S__10068011_zpsg2lzb05f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ANN's Taxi Service.

In hand, but no driver.

just 48 hours earlier!

Of Pattaya.....LOL.

When I contacted Ann the next day (via email), she tried to blame me for turning up on the

wrong day and giving her the wrong details! When I told her to check the details and that I arrived

at the exact time (and date) I was supposed, I did not hear from her again. No apology, no nothing.

In true Thai style, she was not willing to take responsibility-or admit her mistake.

Book with her at your own peril!

I've booked with Meow for a trip in November, email communications have been good so far will update this thread on my experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Miss Ungkhana,

charge 18 baht for driing you around all day ????

1800 not sure where you get the driing from??

slight error

I have booked miss ungkana tomorrow

very good response !

just say hi from me to her will you?

the big Belgian guy

• 5 weeks later...

re-found another great service between Bkk and Pattaya

Used her before long time ago but lost her contacts for some reason.

Speaks English perfect so very easy to have a conversation with and not only the regular "hello where you come from" she seem a very inteligent woman and I never saw her touch her phone once. Drives very sensible and again the conversation she can have makes that truip look so much shorter.

Has a nice big and comfortable car and can easily get a minibus as she stated.

Anyway for me she is the new number 1 on the block.

Have her card now so cant loose it anymore and share it here so when lost I just come back here and find it lol.

You cant go wrong with Angie.

Tell her the Belgian guy posted her details as I mentioned to her would post on some forum for her.

001_zpsqwbo99la.jpg

Archived