Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

TAXI/LIMO SERVICES – Women Owned, Operated, Recommended

brutox

.. [update: 21 October 2015]

I’d like to offer to PA members the following private taxi/limo services owned and operated by Thai women, who by the standards of Thai business culture are marvels of consistent .. reliability .. safety .. preparedness .. cheerful company.  These are next-generation Thais, who are exploiting a glaring market demand the typical Thai male street taxi driver does not.  You will do well to favor these drivers:

Ann Private Taxi Service

+66 81 205 3044 (no late night calls)

www.pattaya-taxiservice.com

Meow Taxi Service

+66 85 934 4475 (no late night calls)

Nam’s Taxi Lady Driver Pattaya

www.facebook...801240839919073

Tan's Taxi Service

www.tanstaxi.com

www.facebook.com/tantaxipattaya

Angie Taxi Service

Line: angiejones

Mai Taxi Service (BKK-based, regular taxi)

Line: vachirapone1975

[yes, family names spelled differently .. it’s a Thai thing]

Since launching this thread, some women drivers are enjoying great success and have expanded their teams with more women drivers, and a few men.  Reports by members (and my own experience) indicate the men drivers are schooled-up on why women drivers are favored, and they seem to ‘get it’ .. unreliable suicide monkey drivers are unacceptable..

Details and referrals on these women-owned taxi services are included below, and in dedicated threads elsewhere in this section.  Please contribute, comment, critique as you see fit.

I want to exclude the taxi ‘brokers’, so please post of any such activities.

Why Women Taxi Drivers? .. here it is, men.

I have lived here since 2000, worked here since before that, and have suffered the customary dearth of reliable services in all areas of Thai commerce (ground transportation, medical, dental, computer repairs, auto repair, etc.), so I am happy to promote Thais who practice higher quality standards of service when I find them .. all of these rate.

I have used Ann, Meow and Mai on numerous trips about the region for precious cargo (my kids) .. never, not even once, have there been any surprises .. key words: punctual, reliable, (most importantly) safe.  While I have not used the others, they have each earned commendations from forum members.

For the newbies who still think every Thai woman is a prostitute .. uh, no.  This is not where the cost to procure hides for you is included in the fare .. give it a rest, eh?. .. these are all hard-working business women, supporting kids and families, who will safely and reliably get you to your destination at a competitive price.

Thai taxis and limo services are notoriously crappy.  Interestingly, woman-owned taxis are consistently the best in class.  Thai men drivers are quite hit-and-miss, including well-known Mr. T’s service (a referral broker only, who I used frequently before being stooged a couple of times by drivers on his list .. nice guy, but he has little influence over the product he brokers).

Too many Thai taxi drivers are some mix of stupidly unsafe, unreliable, unresponsive, ill-prepared, foul tempered, some just outright extortionists preying on totally unprotected foreigners .. the gazillion keystrokes dedicated to the subject on this forum is a reasonable measure of how bad the problem has grown here in recent years.

Why any veteran traveler coming to Thailand risks rolling dice with a random street, or airport public taxi, or a brokered taxi referral is beyond me .. Thailand perennially produces somewhere between the 2nd and 4th largest number of per capita road fatalities in the world (source: World Health Organization) .. those almost all occur on rural highways .. just as those between BKK and Pattaya.

These women-owned services are well worth your patronage, and I willingly pay the extra THB 100-200 increment some charge .. gladly .. most people would pay that minor margin to get out of a bad situation, when they find themselves late at night, in a foreign country, in the middle of NakonFlipFlop, with  no language skills, and some grinning monkey screwing with you .. but .. you .. have no one to call for help .. and, then .. you and everything you are carrying with you are trapped in his backseat and it is really too late to do anything.

You will do well to give them your business.

[in the spirit of full disclosure, I have interest in none of these services.]

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meow and her friends are very good indeed. Save driving is the key. Her drivers avoided several dangerous situations perpetrated by other drivers by being cautious and aware.

This should be a sticky topic for everyone to see.

I had myself another scary drive last week with a mad speedfreak in a meter taxi, driving 150 km/h on the motorway, weaving in and out, cutting in front of cars with minimal distance behind the next one. Totally hair raising.

Nam has driven me to BKK that day, but couldn't take me back due to a late flight arrival from another customer. Next time, I'll wait until she or one of the otherv ladies you mentioned is free...

Too many Thai taxi drivers are stupidly unsafe, unreliable, unresponsive, ill-prepared, foul tempered, some just outright extortionists preying on totally unprotected foreigners .. the gazillion keystrokes dedicated to the subject on this forum is a reasonable measure of how bad the problem has grown here in recent years.

For the sake of clarity, are you talking about the candy-coloured meter-taxis, or the unregistered/unlicensed/uninsured private vehicle hires.  I think those deficiencies were highlighted by the recent Uber experience in Bangkok.  I'm the exact opposite of you, I wouldn't even consider using one of the white-plate private hire services.  I use meter taxis all the time without too many issues ... they even have some women drivers.

One i would avoid is the old lady who is ouside the small beer bar complex at the top of soi 3 on 2nd road (opposte Sabai Room).

Was shown a picture of a green legit taxi, she took the full amount of 1000 baht and what showed up? some ratty orange car with no seat belts in the back driven by an Indian guy who on the way to the airport stopped not just to fill up but charge his battery whilst i stood for 20 mins outside his cab in torrential rain that was rapidly making the roads into a river, was literally in doubt the entire journey about whether i would get there on time or whether the car would breakdown.

I`ve always used mr T in the past but was thinking of changing next trip just for a change.Meow sounds like a good bet,plenty of recommendations and positives on here so think i`ll go for it.

For the sake of clarity, are you talking about the candy-coloured meter-taxis, or the unregistered/unlicensed/uninsured private vehicle hires. I think those deficiencies were highlighted by the recent Uber experience in Bangkok. I'm the exact opposite of you, I wouldn't even consider using one of the white-plate private hire services. I use meter taxis all the time without too many issues ... they even have some women drivers.

.. for clarity's sake, the distinction I am making is between Thai 'women drivers' and Thai 'men drivers'.

.. not women agents who merely broker fares .. nor taxi's of whatever color, or car tag type .. the risk of getting crap service from Thai men drivers is unaffected by the colors they 'fly'.

.. my experience and recommendation is that Thai 'women drivers' (specifically the 3 cited above) reliably and consistently provide higher quality service than their Thai male counterparts.

.. their businesses are worth patronizing if the trip to and from the airport enters into a forum member's travel plans.

I've used Meow twice from BKK to Patts and 1st time was picked up by a male driver and second by a female, both times excellent car and service. Although the male did check his phone a bit too regularly whilst driving which i'm never really comfortable with.

.. for clarity's sake, the distinction I am making is between Thai 'women drivers' and Thai 'men drivers'.

.. not women agents who merely broker fares .. nor taxi's of whatever color, or car tag type ..

... my experience and recommendation is that Thai 'women drivers' (specifically the 3 cited above) reliably and consistently provide higher quality service than their Thai male counterparts.

I take your point.  Obviously the best option would therefore be a female driver driving a candy-coloured taxi that's registered and insured.  

• 1 month later...

Looks like i should use these taxi services.

Just emailed meaow

Are early morning pickups(3.30AM) from Don Muang reliable?

Looks like i should use these taxi services.

Just emailed meaow

Are early morning pickups(3.30AM) from Don Muang reliable?

.. hey, sam79 .. I couldn't say.

.. each of the three above have threads dedicated to their services .. you'd have to do a bit of homework by searching in each for others opinions.

.. [incidentally, I believe "meaow" is searchable as "meow"]

I have made a few posts about that issue but it seems no one could tell me those drivers are legally LICENCED TO carry people commercially or not. If they are not, the travel insurance you brought will become useless! When accidents happen, the insurance company won't cover it.

I have made a few posts about that issue but it seems no one could tell me those drivers are legally LICENCED TO carry people commercially or not. If they are not, the travel insurance you brought will become useless! When accidents happen, the insurance company won't cover it.

That's a good point,never thought about that.

That's a good point,never thought about that.

Not many people think about that but you read hundreds of posts here recommended Nam, Meow, Mr. T...etc. When I made a post to ask that question to the BMs who recommended them. No one could give me the answer. If they are not LEGALLY LICENSED, should BM keep recommend them? If so, please also let the other BMs know the consequences when accident happens.

I would like to have the OP's help. Since you said their services are so great. I would like to use their services. The only issue is my travel insurance. It won't cover the unregistered, not legally licenced taxi if I have an accident. Can you check with them about that please? I haven't taken thier services before. If I ask them, I am sure they won't give me the answer. You are returned customer, I am sure they will give you the honest answer. Thanks.

Slightly OT, but the unregistered/registered insurance issue sounds like a sleazy scheme to disallow coverage.  How the bleep would anyone know who is registered or isn't - in Thailand?

Doesn't apply to my insurance - must be a hokey HK thing.  Get a better insurance policy.

Sorry, don't mean the f up the thread.  But those with insurance issues should take it up with their providers, clearly an individual issue.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Nobody seems to mention tanns taxi service, ive used them several times 2 ladies run this service they charge more than other companies 1300 all in airport to patts, but they vare 100% reliable and do not drive fast 100/110 ish, nice clean cars

Slightly OT, but the unregistered/registered insurance issue sounds like a sleazy scheme to disallow coverage. How the bleep would anyone know who is registered or isn't - in Thailand?

Doesn't apply to my insurance - must be a hokey HK thing. Get a better insurance policy.

Sorry, don't mean the f up the thread. But those with insurance issues should take it up with their providers, clearly an individual issue.

I already did that it why I ask. Insurance provider said taking an "illegal taxi" is an "illegal transaction". No insurance company would cover it. I think it will make more sense to ask the service provider than just guess, right? The yellow/pink/green taxi are registered. Does it make sense to you?

I would like to have the OP's help. Since you said their services are so great. I would like to use their services. The only issue is my travel insurance. It won't cover the unregistered, not legally licenced taxi if I have an accident. Can you check with them about that please? I haven't taken thier services before. If I ask them, I am sure they won't give me the answer. You are returned customer, I am sure they will give you the honest answer. Thanks.

.. oh? .. can I [the OP] "check with them about that please?" .. wha! .. well .. but, of course I will! .. I'll have that report on your desk first thing tomorrow!

.. that's just hilarious! .. funny guy! .. or .. in what horribly deformed reality are you living?

.. here it is Sparky .. you are obsessing over something you simply cannot reconcile with your travel insurance phobia .. allowing a fucking travel insurance policy control your vacation decisions is like letting your dear old 85-year old church-going Auntie select who you should date.

.. think about these:

• A Thai taxi driver's identification is posted, with his picture, on the passenger side dashboard .. if you check, a significant percentage of those ID's do not match the driver .. you are in a taxi licensed and operated by a guy who is renting it to someone else .. your travel insurer? .. sorry .. claim DENIED!

• Imagine that you are rushed to a Thai hospital with food poisoning .. the street restaurant from which you got it has no health certificate (neither do many full service restaurants) .. your travel insurer? .. sorry again .. your claim is .. DENIED!

• Your hotel catches fire and everything is lost .. approximately 40% of all hotels in Thailand operate illegally without a hotel license .. [asking about the standards of fire code compliance here would scare the shit out of intrepid travellers as you] .. your insurer? .. aw, sooo sorry Mr. Matrix123 .. once again .. your claim is .. DENIED!

.. matrix123, this goes on, and on, and on .. as slowguy advises above, you'd due well to reconsider the usefulness of your travel insurance beyond the lobby of a 5-star international hotel.

.. this place is a great place to pursue immoral, illegal pasttimes for a reason, matrix123 .. you get that part .. but, don't think that you've come to the Hamptons, or Palm Beach to do that.

.. you cannot be serious about your expectations in a country with scant rule of law, much less regulatory code compliance .. you going to ask every taxi driver to show you his commercial driver's license, proof of insurance, car registration, commercial transport licence?

.. you going to call your travel insurer hot line on speed dial to see if a roadside shwarma, or an appetizer at a bar [their legalities totally unknown] is covered?

.. get a grip man!

.. circling back on subject .. the selection of ground transportation .. again .. my experience here is that you have better odds of avoiding accidents by selecting safe drivers who recognize the value we place on safety.

.. most randomly selected Thai drivers do not .. the above women drivers do.

.. Thailand is perennially rated between #2 or #4 in the world for road deaths .. there are millions of reasons for that, but the three highly recommended drivers above are not counted amongst them.

.. have your travel insurer find you a car and driver meeting their policy requirements.

.. oh? .. can I [the OP] "check with them about that please?" .. wha! .. well .. but, of course I will! .. I'll have that report on your desk first thing tomorrow!

.. that's just hilarious! .. funny guy! .. or .. in what horribly deformed reality are you living?

.. here it is Sparky .. you are obsessing over something you simply cannot reconcile with your travel insurance phobia .. allowing a fucking travel insurance policy control your vacation decisions is like letting your dear old 85-year old church-going Auntie select who you should date.

.. think about these:

• A Thai taxi driver's identification is posted, with his picture, on the passenger side dashboard .. if you check, a significant percentage of those ID's do not match the driver .. you are in a taxi licensed and operated by a guy who is renting it to someone else .. your travel insurer? .. sorry .. claim DENIED!

• Imagine that you are rushed to a Thai hospital with food poisoning .. the street restaurant from which you got it has no health certificate (neither do many full service restaurants) .. your travel insurer? .. sorry again .. your claim is .. DENIED!

• Your hotel catches fire and everything is lost .. approximately 40% of all hotels in Thailand operate illegally without a hotel license .. [asking about the standards of fire code compliance here would scare the shit out of intrepid travellers as you] .. your insurer? .. aw, sooo sorry Mr. Matrix123 .. once again .. your claim is .. DENIED!

.. matrix123, this goes on, and on, and on .. as slowguy advises above, you'd due well to reconsider the usefulness of your travel insurance beyond the lobby of a 5-star international hotel.

.. this place is a great place to pursue immoral, illegal pasttimes for a reason, matrix123 .. you get that part .. but, don't think that you've come to the Hamptons, or Palm Beach to do that.

.. you cannot be serious about your expectations in a country with scant rule of law, much less regulatory code compliance .. you going to ask every taxi driver to show you his commercial driver's license, proof of insurance, car registration, commercial transport licence?

.. you going to call your travel insurer hot line on speed dial to see if a roadside shwarma, or an appetizer at a bar [their legalities totally unknown] is covered?

.. get a grip man!

Thank you very much. You answered my question that they are some illegal taxi. All you have to do was just write one sentence. Sorry to waste so much of your time.

Thank you very much. You answered my question that they are some illegal taxi. All you have to do was just write one sentence. Sorry to waste so much of your time. By the way, the reason I asked was another BM navie enough and argue that they are legal taxi (I already knew THET ARE NOT). I will link you reply to him. Thanks again!

.. sorry that I overstate the case, but I do tend to write on.

Nobody seems to mention tanns taxi service, ive used them several times 2 ladies run this service they charge more than other companies 1300 all in airport to patts, but they vare 100% reliable and do not drive fast 100/110 ish, nice clean cars

Agree used her services now on 4 occasions (used to use Mr T) and responds to emails quickly and efficiently. Always their on time and drives carefully and a thoroughly lovely lady also.

Agree used her services now on 4 occasions (used to use Mr T) and responds to emails quickly and efficiently. Always their on time and drives carefully and a thoroughly lovely lady also.

.. chopper1, overseas516 .. thanks for the reminder, guys.

.. as you, others have commended Tan .. I had her on my radar, but just misplaced her contact coordinates when I posted.

.. yes .. for sure .. along with the first three cited above, nong Tan is a certain member of this rare circle of highly reliable ground transportation service providers.

.. properly promoted, these women could build quite a bit of deal flow from this forum alone .. frankly, they earn it every day, and they deserve it .. taking the risk on random Thai taxi drivers blows big time .. when you get a bad one, they just suck way more than anyone wants to deal with.

Is there anyone here who can cast light on the regulations and process to be followed to receive a formal license to carry passengers? I understand this would result eventually in getting a green number plate.

I also understand that the vast majority of "grey" taxis do not have these.

Does it require huge fees?

Does it require bribes to the issuing authority or person!

I know Nam has expressed interest in joining that green plate club, but us worried that the moment she asks a question if the relevant authority, she may get someone turn up and close down her service....

But if the right way to get the full licence and insurability were available, I would be more then happy to assist her to achieve that goal.

Some Licensed professions in LOS may well be closed clubs, OK if you're on the inside, ir are male, or know the right people, but inpenetrable if you don't know the right handshake.

So anyone in the know, please share with us.

In the meantime, I do tend to agree with a previous poster, I prefer the risk of being driven by an uninsured driver who drives me safely and understands about defensive driving, then by a yabba or testosterone driven maniac, who only cares about his tips and the fastest arrival time.

I suppose, in the end it is a gamble either way, but I prefer the odds in my choice.

Is there anyone here who can cast light on the regulations and process to be followed to receive a formal license to carry passengers? I understand this would result eventually in getting a green number plate.

I also understand that the vast majority of "grey" taxis do not have these.

Does it require huge fees?

Does it require bribes to the issuing authority or person!

I know Nam has expressed interest in joining that green plate club, but us worried that the moment she asks a question if the relevant authority, she may get someone turn up and close down her service....

But if the right way to get the full licence and insurability were available, I would be more then happy to assist her to achieve that goal.

Some Licensed professions in LOS may well be closed clubs, OK if you're on the inside, ir are male, or know the right people, but inpenetrable if you don't know the right handshake.

So anyone in the know, please share with us.

In the meantime, I do tend to agree with a previous poster, I prefer the risk of being driven by an uninsured driver who drives me safely and understands about defensive driving, then by a yabba or testosterone driven maniac, who only cares about his tips and the fastest arrival time.

I suppose, in the end it is a gamble either way, but I prefer the odds in my choice.

I really don' think you could help her on that. A taxi licence cost almost a million USD in the cities like New York or Hong Kong. Let say Bangkok just cost 1/10 of that. You still talking about almost 100,000 USD. Insurance, a private car only on the road for a few hours a day. A taxi is on the road 24 hours a day. So, the premium is a few times different. If she get the loan to pay all this, can she still able to charge 1000 THB to take you to Pattaya? I really don't think so.

I think she still could rent a taxi from the licence owners but I haven't seen any female taxi drivers in Bangkok or Pattaya so far. I guess it is not safe special at night.

If you are happy with their service and don't buy the "normal" travel insurance, it is a good deal to use them. It is cheaper than the licenced taxi. If you sneak behind you wife to come to LOS, have kids to go to college and you buy "normal" insurance. I suggest you take the bus or green/pink/yellow whatever color taxi.

Archived