IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

2 hours ago, GreatThings said:

I hate morning flights. :) Night flights always my preference. Less stress all round.

But with the likes of Gulf Air, you'll pay nearly £2k for the same dates. 

I know killer...  Gulf xmas 2016 it was only £1k cracking deal.  few of us jumped on that. But think we wont see of the likes of that again. 

I am even considering Ukrainian Air ( I know I know said I never would :-) ) as there are rumours they might have 777 doing the Kiev to Bangkok run https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/11/27/ukraine-777-business-class/

But if Work continues like it is,  I will probably fork out the £1800 if any are still available and make some economies. (been doing some household bookkeeping and was horrified to find out I spent approx £400 on takeaways and coffee's last month  Ahhhhhh!!!)  SO I am off to Lidl (cheap economy Supermarket for those outside of Europe) 

but if  work falls off then The AMS - LHR - BKK may have to be an option or Ukraine Airlines at around £1k - £1.2k I have seen it for. if all goes horrible wrong with Ukraine ie flights delayed I will probably no worse off time wise than if I did the AMS run.  SO 2 back up options as long as they dont sell out.  Going to keep an eye out for a bargain but will wait now , I think till I have wrapped up my August tour. 

Thanks everybody for your input and help. I will keep posting on what I find. 

Edited by T-T-T

25 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

I know killer...  xmas 2016 it was only £1k cracking deal.  few of us jumped on that. But think we wont see of the likes of that again. 

I am even considering Ukrainian Air ( I know I know said I never would :-) ) as there are rumours they might have 777 doing the Kiev to Bangkok run https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/11/27/ukraine-777-business-class/

But if Work continues like it is,  I will probably fork out the £1800 if any are still available and make some economies. (been doing some household bookkeeping and was horrified to find out I spent approx £400 on takeaways and coffee's last month  Ahhhhhh!!!)  SO I am off to Lidl (cheap economy Supermarket for those outside of Europe) 

but if  work falls off then The AMS - LHR - BKK may have to be an option or Ukraine Airlines at around £1k - £1.2k I have seen it for. if all goes horrible wrong with Ukraine ie flights delayed I will probably no worse off time wise than if I did the AMS run.  SO 2 back up options as long as they dont sell out.  Going to keep an eye out for a bargain but will wait now , I think till I have wrapped up my August tour. 

Thanks everybody for your input and help. I will keep posting on what I find. 

Good luck either way. Will be interesting to see how it goes/what turns up.

Edited by GreatThings

Sod Ukranian Air, and sod side-flights to AMS also.

Lots of business class availability on Gulf Air BKK>LHR>BKK from September onwards for under GBP1100, sometimes barely over GBP1000. Some availability before then.

Total flight time quite short, if you pick the right days.

Seems like a bargain to me. If I could book for next year I would.

7 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Lots of business class availability on Gulf Air BKK>LHR>BKK from September onwards for under GBP1100, sometimes barely over GBP1000. Some availability before then.

Gulf have just taken delivery of their first Dreamliner. They’ve had one of the older fleets of many airlines so it’s long overdue. There are 5 more due to arrive this year and many more to follow. They've also ordered some Airbus Neo. I think the BAH-LHR is meant to be one of the first to use the Dreamliner so it will be an improvement in what Gulf offer - though I think they’re keeping a 2-2-2 layout in Biz.

Edited by davidge
  • Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

6 hours ago, davidge said:

though I think they’re keeping a 2-2-2 layout in Biz.

Yes, it's a staggered 2-2-2 as far as I know, which allows some privacy on the window seats. I prefer the reverse herringbone layout, but as long as the seat is flat I dont worry too much.

For the price I dont see much to complain about even if one doesnt get the new plane.

21 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Yeah...but T.T.T needs three weeks over Christmas and New Year. Gulf Air is around £2000 for those dates

That's why we are looking at reasonably priced alternatives. It's not all about you you know. :rolleyes: Of course an unnecessary side trip is a pain. But it's workable and it currentlysaves £500 to £600 for those dates.

If the positioning flight offers are not for you, just ignore them. I don't know why those not interested, feel the need to comment about them every time.

If T.T.T could get the Gulf Air flight for £1100, he'd likely already have it booked. If he strikes it lucky with Ukraine with a lower price and an upgraded 777, great.

But we are talking about him, not you....or davidge.

So if you can find a Gulf Air deal for his dates, I'm sure many will appreciate it. As those are super peak travel dates.

September prices aren't even closely related.

If you can get to Copenhagen ,Norwegian Air is showing £1150ish . Lot of time choices to . 

1 minute ago, chippysam said:

If you can get to Copenhagen ,Norwegian Air is showing £1150ish . Lot of time choices to . 

Wouldn't pay that much for Norwegian. I think calling their seats up front premium economy is pushing it.

15 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Wouldn't pay that much for Norwegian. I think calling their seats up front premium economy is pushing it.

I have not flown with them , did not know .

7 minutes ago, chippysam said:

I have not flown with them , did not know .

Definitely not business class. Took one of their first flights to Bangkok from Oslo. Was a lot cheaper than a grand.

4 hours ago, chippysam said:

Not worth it as it's not business class.

16 hours ago, GreatThings said:

Yeah...but T.T.T needs three weeks over Christmas and New Year. Gulf Air is around £2000 for those dates

But we are talking about him, not you....or davidge.

So if you can find a Gulf Air deal for his dates, I'm sure many will appreciate it.

This topic is about business class offers in general. It is not restricted to any one person's travel plans.

So my comment was entirely on-topic but the discussions of what someone is doing over Christmas are not. As I pointed out, that Gulf Air offer isnt even suitable for my needs, but that didnt stop me posting about it so that others might benefit.

Anyone interested only in their own specific travel plans and dates should start another topic.

Various autumn dates also available on Malaysian in business for BKK>LHR>BKK. I'm seeing around GBP1200 return, but it doesnt seem to be every day or even every week. You have to hunt.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Various autumn dates also available on Malaysian in business for BKK>LHR>BKK. I'm seeing around GBP1200 return, but it doesnt seem to be every day or even every week. You have to hunt.

Be careful if you are planning to use Malaysian flights to add to BA EC account as the cheapest Malaysian business class tickets I&R do not qualify for avios or tier points.

17 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Be careful if you are planning to use Malaysian flights to add to BA EC account as the cheapest Malaysian business class tickets I&R do not qualify for avios or tier points.

I did this last yr a Cpl times and all flights were cheapest Biz fares available and all were C/D/Z and got full TP/Avios.

1 hour ago, Shaksey said:

I did this last yr a Cpl times and all flights were cheapest Biz fares available and all were C/D/Z and got full TP/Avios.

When I've flown with them as part of a BA ticket they have I and R class and they don't get anything. Maybe tickets through Malaysian don't have this class.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:33, davidge said:

Just be aware that hundreds of short haul flights were cancelled last winter due to weather - fog, snow etc. You will have no recourse if you don’t get to Amsterdam as it’s a separate ticket. 

I wouldn’t consider this sort of thing anyway as the main point of flying business is to make the journey as pain-free as possible. Extra flights, extra airports, extra time are just not worth the hassle for me. Plus it’s with BA! :Oops1:

I appreciate there are no decent fares showing for those dates but I’d pay the extra £400 and go with Etihad.

Or Ukraine Air from Gatwick for under £1300 if you’re feeling adventurous.

:P

Thanks Davidge...  you do have to take everything into consideration.. Years back at Xmas a ton of flights were cancelled out of heathrow and I didnt get to go to Thailand... they offered a full refund or a flight a week later if memory serves me right. So I took the refund.   Hoping prices drop if not I might have to take the Adventurous route .. lol  there is a rumour they may put 777 on the Kiev - Bkk route that  have the what we know consider proper business class seats. But I cannot find a seat plan on seat guru and flightaware are still listing the flight as using their older plane.   I have a look at Etihad.  Thanks Davidge once gain for starting this thread ALL  input has been helpful. 

PS did you ever get compensation for the GUlf flight for the delays 2 xmases ago ?

Edited by T-T-T

On 5/14/2018 at 11:55, davidge said:

Gulf have just taken delivery of their first Dreamliner. They’ve had one of the older fleets of many airlines so it’s long overdue. There are 5 more due to arrive this year and many more to follow. They've also ordered some Airbus Neo. I think the BAH-LHR is meant to be one of the first to use the Dreamliner so it will be an improvement in what Gulf offer - though I think they’re keeping a 2-2-2 layout in Biz.

I think,  well nearly 100% sure I have the 787 for my august flight with Gulf looks so cool . LHR- BAH - LHR Great business class layout with mini type cabins. it does look the nuts 

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2018/04/06/gulf-air-787-business-class/ been reviewd here 

Edited by T-T-T

19 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

I think,  well nearly 100% sure I have the 787 for my august flight with Gulf looks so cool . LHR- BAH - LHR Great business class layout with mini type cabins. it does look the nuts 

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2018/04/06/gulf-air-787-business-class/ been reviewd here 

I hadn’t seen the final decision they’d made about the seating, though I knew it wasn’t going to be herringbone. That’s certainly going to be a big step up from the current product. Until they get a few more of the Dreamliners delivered I guess it could be a bit of a lottery as to which plane does which flight. They may switch for some reason - though the LHR route is one of the first routes they’ve been officially allocated to. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

what I do like about it is there doesn't seem to be a narrowing of the seat where the feet go from what I can see.. looking forward to it :-) lets hope I don't get shafted LOL  and lets hope they don't put the prices up going forward 

I flew Gulf Air on 26th April for £1003 fly back on 27 may so deals are still about.  After I booked it went down to £990

Yes, still plenty of availability on Gulf up till early next year.

Hopefully they will extend it by another few months soon so that I can book for next summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Oman Air have flights July and August from CDG for £954 currently.

Lufthansa the same for £997.

Not convenient for all, but they are out there.

On 5/13/2018 at 14:30, T-T-T said:

I know killer...  Gulf xmas 2016 it was only £1k cracking deal.  few of us jumped on that. But think we wont see of the likes of that again. 

I am even considering Ukrainian Air 

I paid £1100 on Gulf a few days before Christmas in 2017. Unless you have new up to date info on Ukrainian don't even consider them. EVA deluxe is ( or at the very least was until recently ) a superior product to Ukrainian Business class