Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

4 hours ago, T-T-T said:

DO you mind me asking what dates you booked to get that price ? 

9 dec to 16 jan ,  the fare was only on a couple of days and it went up within hours of me booking it . It was £1577 I haven't seen much around that price other than finnair which i wont go much above £1500 for based on the 1st leg being euro style. You have far more option's though than us in manchester !

There is still the oft posted BA deal with a positioning flight for £1225 for similar dates to above and probably many others. Haven't checked the full range.

Lots of combos available. You can connect directly to the AMS flight or you can do a back to back in AMS, leaving your luggage in accommodation at Heathrow or...

Overall good value as you are flying direct to and fro London.  Direct flight are closer to £2k, so a good saving for a small inconvenience and a good amount of BA Executive points to boot. 

Here is an example from the 16th of December 2018 until the 16th of January 2019;

In this case a good idea to book a place close to the airport at Heathrow, leave your luggage there, fly out to AMS that afternoon/evening and do a back to back...to your hotel in Heathrow. Get your head down and wake up refreshed for your direct flight to BKK. Direct flight too on the way back.  Should add no more than £100 to the cost including the flight to AMS and accommodation at Heathrow..

£1360 in total, against a direct flight price of nearly £3k for the same dates.

BA1.jpg

Edited by GreatThings

18 hours ago, docbunsen said:

9 dec to 16 jan ,  the fare was only on a couple of days and it went up within hours of me booking it . It was £1577 I haven't seen much around that price other than finnair which i wont go much above £1500 for based on the 1st leg being euro style. You have far more option's though than us in manchester !

Thanks ...shame I cannot be away that long over xmas max I can do is 3 weeks. yes I do have the choice of Birmingham , LHR and Gatwick. I will keep hunting

2 hours ago, T-T-T said:

Thanks ...shame I cannot be away that long over xmas max I can do is 3 weeks. yes I do have the choice of Birmingham , LHR and Gatwick. I will keep hunting

Did you adjust the dates? 15th to the 9th for example?

https://www.momondo.co.uk/flight-search/AMS-LHR/2018-12-15-h/LHR-BKK/2018-12-16-h/BKK-LHR/2019-01-09-h/LGW-AMS/2019-01-10-h/business?sort=price_a

BA2.jpg

with the oil price rocketing  would be good to lock in now

6 hours ago, T-T-T said:

That is crazy ..more flights fuel etc etc but cheaper ... for me it would not save me anything as taking the time off work to fit it in,  I would lose more than I save 

If you are happy to leave later, you can get this;

https://www.momondo.co.uk/flight-search/AMS-LHR/2018-12-22-h/LHR-BKK/2018-12-23-h/BKK-LHR/2019-01-12-h/LGW-AMS/2019-01-13-h/business?sort=price_a

22nd to the 12th covers a three week period.

For direct flights, it's an excellent price for those dates.

Don't think too long. Something else might come up, but it will be with stopovers both ways and it might or might not be more expensive.

BA3.jpg

Edited by GreatThings

I can't get over the price difference with flying out of Amsterdam that's crazy. BA get slated for their business class but at that price i could live with it .

EDIT

After watching the you tube video of BA I wouldn't waste my money on their product it looks pitiful, another national embarrassment. 

Edited by docbunsen

I honestly look at things in a different way....I decide when I want to go & book it (Business Class every single time, even for the 2hr flight from SG) 

Whatever it costs, I then economise on my day-2-day normal spends (e.g I normally spend 25-30$s a day in Taxis to & from work; once I've booked my flight I take the bus at approx $2.50 per day) until it's paid for.

I know I could save the same money & travel economy but WHY!!! - This works for me :)

Edited by JB300

4 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

is there no way to like  check in online   claim you missed your flight from AMS to LON and join the flight from UK having made your own way to London ? 

No, the airline will cancel your entire trip if you do not make the first flight

3 hours ago, T-T-T said:

is there no way to like  check in online   claim you missed your flight from AMS to LON and join the flight from UK having made your own way to London ? 

Give 'em an inch....

Just do the back to back without luggage as suggested and then check your luggage in at Heathrow the next day.

You won't find a better deal flying direct, especially those dates.

10 hours ago, docbunsen said:

I can't get over the price difference with flying out of Amsterdam that's crazy. BA get slated for their business class but at that price i could live with it .

EDIT

After watching the you tube video of BA I wouldn't waste my money on their product it looks pitiful, another national embarrassment. 

A bit of a nonsense comment since we are talking about direct Business class flights over the super-peak period.

Even economy seats on indirect flights over that period are £750. Direct Economy £1067, with THAI.

So £1350 all in is an excellent price for lie flat seats on those dates. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUB8Ongxjyg

27 minutes ago, GreatThings said:

A bit of a nonsense comment since we are talking about direct Business class flights over the super-peak period.

Even economy seats on indirect flights over that period are £750. Direct Economy £1067, with THAI.

So £1350 all in is an excellent price for lie flat seats on those dates. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUB8Ongxjyg

ams to bkk via lhr isnt direct and BA seat is shite if that's nonsense then so be it . My post wasn't personal mate but up to you .

1 minute ago, docbunsen said:

ams to bkk via lhr isnt direct and BA seat is shite if that's nonsense then so be it . My post wasn't personal mate but up to you .

The AMS section is the day before and simply a back to back flight and then back to the hotel for a good night's sleep.

Then direct flights back and forth. 

It's miles ahead of sitting in Economy or Premium Economy. 

The reality is that it isn't the best, by a long chalk, but if you choose carefully, you can have a pleasant experience.

But most of all, it's the price over the super-peak period and the ultimately direct flights that makes this attractive.

Otherwise you are looking at £2.5 to £3k for decent flights for those dates.

16 minutes ago, GreatThings said:

The AMS section is the day before and simply a back to back flight and then back to the hotel for a good night's sleep.

Then direct flights back and forth. 

It's miles ahead of sitting in Economy or Premium Economy. 

The reality is that it isn't the best, by a long chalk, but if you choose carefully, you can have a pleasant experience.

But most of all, it's the price over the super-peak period and the ultimately direct flights that makes this attractive.

Otherwise you are looking at £2.5 to £3k for decent flights for those dates.

I paid £1577 with etihad man-bkk, the stop over isn't unpleasant as a rule on indirect flights although  this is my first etihad experience, time will tell. I'm impressed by the savings you found but not impressed by the BA product. Once again it's not a personal attack just my choice not to choose  BA as an airline.

Edited by docbunsen

2 minutes ago, docbunsen said:

I paid £1577 with etihad man-bkk, the stop over isn't unpleasant as a rule on indirect flights although  this is my first etihad experience, time will tell. I'm impressed by the savings you found but not impressed by the BA product. Once again it's not a personal attack just my choice not to choose the ams route and BA as an airline.

You paid £1577 over completely different dates. 9th of December and the 16th of January are not in the most expensive period.

No argument concerning the ME airlines. They have the money to install the very best and would be my first choice.

But T.T.T needs something reasonably priced for three weeks over Christmas and the NY. This fits the bill. Albeit with a bothersome back to back the day before. 

See all the positive comments about biz lounge in Istanbul and would agree, but flew in there biz class last yr on Turkish airlines from Vietnam and seemed to me that the "nice" lounge was a very long walk from place in airport that we came into.  That and got in there early in the morning so unless you like playing grand piano for breakfast it not such a big deal.  It seems to me that along with cost, airline, the timing of when you get into the biz lounges is almost as important for enjoying them.  FWIW - thought new Miracle lounge in Swampy was ok this yr(flew Hong kong airlines biz class), but to me the royal silk thai lounge there is much nicer.  

Since I like to book one way biz flights and coming from western Canada went to Hawaii first this past Winter and than caught Air Asia biz class from Honolulu to BKK(via Osaka, Malyasia) that thought very economical, albeit not true biz class.  I came back with hong kong airlines BKK,-HKG-YVR-YCC.  I think next yr would actually do Hawaii thing again as like some time there, however, may economize a bit on way back and try booking that EVA air premium economy BKK-taipai-yvr on way back.  Guess if anybody had any other suggestions or even saw anything that brought me back via Amsterdam would be a nice little ending to trip as well.  

5 hours ago, GreatThings said:

You paid £1577 over completely different dates. 9th of December and the 16th of January are not in the most expensive period.

No argument concerning the ME airlines. They have the money to install the very best and would be my first choice.

But T.T.T needs something reasonably priced for three weeks over Christmas and the NY. This fits the bill. Albeit with a bothersome back to back the day before. 

presume you jump ship when back in the UK and you can get your luggage. has anybody actually done this?  what do you do just tell them in Bangkok you are not completing your flight  and require your luggage unboarding in the UK 

Update ...ahh get it now you have to go to Gatwick for the flight back to AMS anyway so presume you get your luggage and have to do your own transfer and then just don't bother 

Edited by T-T-T

3 hours ago, T-T-T said:

presume you jump ship when back in the UK and you can get your luggage. has anybody actually done this?  what do you do just tell them in Bangkok you are not completing your flight  and require your luggage unboarding in the UK 

Update ...ahh get it now you have to go to Gatwick for the flight back to AMS anyway so presume you get your luggage and have to do your own transfer and then just don't bother 

:wink: :)

so for me I am looking at extra cost of the LON - AMS flight£60 ,  £30 parking and the extra journey to LHR petrol £30. I can come back home 

So about £120 extra plus I have to take in to account my time and losing a few days in thailand umm for the time  of year it is an excellent deal. 

Normally do night flights so work right up to leaving for the airport and I like to have sometime  in pattaya before I leave not just out of bed to the airport and when I get back straight to work stops the depression setting in lol 

it is worth considering seeing what is out there at the moment for these dates.  Doubt I will get my perfect flight times for less than £2k at the moment 

Cheers thanks for posting very much appreciated 

Edited by T-T-T

22 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

so for me I am looking at extra cost of the LON - AMS flight£60 ,  £30 parking and the extra journey to LHR petrol £30. I can come back home 

So about £120 extra plus I have to take in to account my time and losing a few days in thailand umm for the time  of year it is an excellent deal. 

Normally do night flights so work right up to leaving for the airport and I like to have sometime  in pattaya before I leave not just out of bed to the airport and when I get back straight to work stops the depression setting in lol 

it is worth considering seeing what is out there at the moment for these dates 

Cheers though thanks for posting very much appreciated 

Just be aware that hundreds of short haul flights were cancelled last winter due to weather - fog, snow etc. You will have no recourse if you don’t get to Amsterdam as it’s a separate ticket. 

I wouldn’t consider this sort of thing anyway as the main point of flying business is to make the journey as pain-free as possible. Extra flights, extra airports, extra time are just not worth the hassle for me. Plus it’s with BA! :Oops1:

I appreciate there are no decent fares showing for those dates but I’d pay the extra £400 and go with Etihad.

Or Ukraine Air from Gatwick for under £1300 if you’re feeling adventurous.

:P

Edited by davidge

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

4 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

So about £120 extra plus I have to take in to account my time and losing a few days in thailand umm for the time  of year it is an excellent deal.  worth considering thanks for posting. 

Normally do night flights so work right up to leaving for the airport and I like to have sometime daytime in pattaya before I leave not just out of bed airport and when I get back straight to work stops the depression setting in lol 

Cheers though thanks for posting very much appreciated 

I hate morning flights. :) Night flights always my preference. Less stress all round.

But with the likes of Gulf Air, you'll pay nearly £2k for the same dates.