IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

1 hour ago, neilri2001 said:

I paid £1100 on Gulf a few days before Christmas in 2017. Unless you have new up to date info on Ukrainian don't even consider them. EVA deluxe is ( or at the very least was until recently ) a superior product to Ukrainian Business class

He is hoping; https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/11/27/ukraine-777-business-class/

I wouldn't.

I'm checking most days for my Xmas jolly so prices high, just seen Oman air Man to Bkk with good flight times and short stopover £1544 dec 8th return 26th.

a mate flew same flights last year said it was ok, not awesome but was £800 cheaper than Emirates, if he was offered same deal this year he would stick with Emirates, but then he has more money than me

11 hours ago, bigbadbaz said:

I'm checking most days for my Xmas jolly so prices high, just seen Oman air Man to Bkk with good flight times and short stopover £1544 dec 8th return 26th.

a mate flew same flights last year said it was ok, not awesome but was £800 cheaper than Emirates, if he was offered same deal this year he would stick with Emirates, but then he has more money than me

I saw Oman Air at around 1200 to 1300 a few times in 2017 although that was from Heathrow. I imagine that they would be on a par with or slightly better than Gulf. I think that some of their flights have a 1 2 1 seating layout whereas Gulf are primarily 2 2 2. I certainly wouldn't pay an extra £800 for Emirates but i have never been a fully paid up member of the Emirates fan club.

It might be obvious but if you are checking every few days clear your cookies or use in private mode on your browser before checking

9 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

I saw Oman Air at around 1200 to 1300 a few times in 2017 although that was from Heathrow. I imagine that they would be on a par with or slightly better than Gulf. I think that some of their flights have a 1 2 1 seating layout whereas Gulf are primarily 2 2 2. I certainly wouldn't pay an extra £800 for Emirates but i have never been a fully paid up member of the Emirates fan club.

It might be obvious but if you are checking every few days clear your cookies or use in private mode on your browser before checking

A few times in 2017 ? , he's given exact dates from a different airport . Apples and oranges this with all due respect.

Just thought I’d mention:

Did a search for Xmas (17/12-16/1) and the low Gulf Air fare was back - £1150. For those dates it did involve VERY long stopovers.

I know these dates will probably be of little use to anyone but it just shows the fare is still around from time to time. Fly Sharp seems to be the best place to go to find this.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 6/14/2018 at 08:29, davidge said:

Just thought I’d mention:

Did a search for Xmas (17/12-16/1) and the low Gulf Air fare was back - £1150. For those dates it did involve VERY long stopovers.

I know these dates will probably be of little use to anyone but it just shows the fare is still around from time to time. Fly Sharp seems to be the best place to go to find this.

Not sure why you would choose odd dates and ridiculous stopovers in your example and then suggest a relatively poor value for money option as the OTA.

Your suggestion of Fly Sharp being the best place;

Idiot.JPG.7b42987a030f784e212e3eeb3d1bbb83.JPG

Skylord Travel may beg to differ.

On 5/13/2018 at 14:30, T-T-T said:

I know killer...  Gulf xmas 2016 it was only £1k cracking deal.  few of us jumped on that. But think we wont see of the likes of that again. 

I am even considering Ukrainian Air ( I know I know said I never would :-) ) as there are rumours they might have 777 doing the Kiev to Bangkok run https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/11/27/ukraine-777-business-class/

But if Work continues like it is,  I will probably fork out the £1800 if any are still available and make some economies. (been doing some household bookkeeping and was horrified to find out I spent approx £400 on takeaways and coffee's last month  Ahhhhhh!!!)  SO I am off to Lidl (cheap economy Supermarket for those outside of Europe) 

but if  work falls off then The AMS - LHR - BKK may have to be an option or Ukraine Airlines at around £1k - £1.2k I have seen it for. if all goes horrible wrong with Ukraine ie flights delayed I will probably no worse off time wise than if I did the AMS run.  SO 2 back up options as long as they dont sell out.  Going to keep an eye out for a bargain but will wait now , I think till I have wrapped up my August tour. 

Thanks everybody for your input and help. I will keep posting on what I find. 

One for you perhaps;

T.JPG.1c8611220b04d1993890b9e2013e3f00.JPG

7 hours ago, GreatThings said:

One for you perhaps;

Cheers "Greatthings" hope it lasts for a day or 2 need to just get some things sorted for those dates   nice decent  stopovers as well 

Thanks for posting 

On 13.5.2018 at 15:30, T-T-T said:

I am even considering Ukrainian Air

Sweet J, they config their equipment 2-3-2 and seat looks like the odd 70 degree flat seat seats!!!

10 hours ago, GreatThings said:

One for you perhaps;

Fuck it booked it  :-)  20/12 to 13/1 £1068  Thanks GreatThings  for posting momondo didn't have it but skyscanner found it and booked through Flysharp 

Edited by T-T-T
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Sweet J, they config their equipment 2-3-2 and seat looks like the odd 70 degree flat seat seats!!!

it was close LOL but Greatthings found the Gulfair special  :-)   

3 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

it was close LOL but Greatthings found the Gulfair special  :-)   

anyway ....better then cattle :P

16 hours ago, T-T-T said:

Fuck it booked it  :-)  20/12 to 13/1 £1068  Thanks GreatThings  for posting momondo didn't have it but skyscanner found it and booked through Flysharp 

Momondo/SkyLordTravel had it.

theydo.thumb.jpg.fc46b64bcfebb7bad7f3f2bb0759c49b.jpg

brilliant I think the only down side to this deal 

1. lounge in bangkok ( hey live with it as the food on board is top Lamb shank is exceptional ) 

2. possible missing a connection ( but believe you are well looked after if you do plus you can claim)  

otherwise its atop deal especially with the new LHR-BHR leg...... with some many clocking on not sure we will see it in the future 

Some advise I did learn .......

enjoy the 1st leg eat your food if you drink on board have I few

2nd leg dismiss any food get your sleep in arrive in LHR fully refreshed  

All in all top flight 

Trailfinders are advertising the Gulf fare:

B36572A1-D7E8-4CA8-B741-CA4FF9480ECA.thumb.jpeg.288e772a8a9cd501d378a938ed2de175.jpeg

So, flights from September to March - though not always available. As posted earlier, a few agents are likely to be a bit cheaper than Trailfinders.

On 13/04/2018 at 16:55, Luv2Phuket said:

Crap...I may have missed it (or it maybe it was not offered on my 5 hour flight from ICN?)

Having had the flight run out of my desired choice (beef) before and been left with a choice of vegetarian or fish on a long haul flight, I try to pre-book my meals whenever possible.  FWIW, on the flight in question, I stupidly chose the fish over the vegetarian pasta dish, hoping that it would be a "mild" fish....it wasn't....

One of the reasons I booked Singapore PE over Cathay PE was Singapore's "Book the Cook" option, where you can pick from some pretty damn good meal selections before the flight.  I went with Beef sukiyaki with steamed rice for one meal and Braised beef short ribs with roasted potatoes for the other.

Just to update. I just checked my booking as I’m flying on Thursday and the Meal Choice option is now in Manage Booking alongside Seat Selection in ‘services’.

8A47B02F-18D8-4A95-9848-8ADE873DE86C.thumb.jpeg.9f247f06f59478b979c13bda15c25805.jpegABAC4E6C-484A-4C59-8DE6-64AE81A897B1.thumb.jpeg.da3aacc410916c8b0f878e505dcb3d8b.jpeg

I like the fact you can book the meal in advance, food is a serious perk of flying up front.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontpanic said:

I like the fact you can book the meal in advance, food is a serious perk of flying up front.

Last time I flew Thai, this wasn’t available. It has been offered by EVA for a while.

Turkish airlines had lamb on the way from Dublin to Istanbul, really nice, the food was lovely. Bread was very fresh which is usually a good sign and Turkish coffee and delights are awesome. They also bring out a dessert trolley and you can indulge in as little or as much as you like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Last time I flew Thai, this wasn’t available. It has been offered by EVA for a while.

I think Thai only offer it on certain flights, wasn't available on my SIN-BKK flight but was on the way back (had the Beef Massaman curry, was lovely).

SIA/Silk are similar, they often only offer it when you're flying out of Singapore and are a pain for me as they typically have a choice of Fish or Chicken & I don't eat either.

They often have another choice in Business, but when I fly in economy I have to remember to order a vegetarian meal or don't eat, which is what happened on my (Economy) Phnom Penh trip this weekend :( - They tend to make up for it with extra drinks though :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I flew out on the A380 with Thai a few days ago. The window seat is a big improvement on the aisle seat in their set up. Think it was actually better than the Eva seat on the B777.

Sadly, the service on Thai just confirmed my previous opinion. Frankly, it was poor. ‘Do the minimum’ seemed to be the outlook. The food was also very disappointing. They are miles behind both Eva and Gulf in both these aspects.

I’ll see what they’re like when I fly back on the B777 in a few weeks.

Gulf Air are supposed to have started using a 787 on the Heathrow Bahrain route. The new business class seating looks jolly nice.

I'm due a trip in September and there are tickets available for £1071 so I'm very tempted.

Edited by thinkingallowed

9 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

I'm due a trip in September and there are tickets available for £1071 so I'm very tempted.

So tempted that I bought the ticket.

Ya, That offset seating is very nice. Same thing on The Korean Air 777

• Like 1