IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

At La Guinguette a male Thai family member of the owner is “cooking”, microwaving pizzas I guess.

They have recruited some twenty somethings from a Thai karaoke in Buriram.

Heineken 80 baht, lady drinks 100 baht, room 350 baht, girl 1,000 baht.

Be careful black magic in buriram they be putting blood in your drinks when not looking 555

My Ways on Soi Khao Noi Soi 9 has become The Mucky Duck.

On Soi Khao Talo about 50 metres before Bird Cage on the opposite side of the road a small single-unit bar has opened: Double Trouble.

When I passed by yesterday it was completely empty.

Double Trouble: Happened by when they were having a big opening party a couple of months ago. Didn't stop b/c of the ear splitting volume of the music. After that party it was closed for over a month. When it reopened, like you noticed, no one in there; probably b/c no ladies to be seen.

Mucky Duck: Went past last night and saw several Thais working on gutting the place. Be interesting to see what the new refit looks like when finished.

Angel Bar Beer: Been dark for over a week so probably another one bites the dust.

is anyone doing an evening tour of some darkside bars,?im sure there are a lot of guys like me who would be happy to pay to sample this area.

is it so good that the expats want to keep it to themselves or is it so bad that no one wants to bother?.  many bars organize trips to Ban Chang 40 minutes away but not to darkside ?.i dont drive here and dont fancy going by myself,any ideas?

is anyone doing an evening tour of some darkside bars,?im sure there are a lot of guys like me who would be happy to pay to sample this area.

is it so good that the expats want to keep it to themselves or is it so bad that no one wants to bother?.  many bars organize trips to ban chang 40 minutes away but not to darkside ?.i dont drive here and dont fancy going by myself,any ideas?

On the Ban Chang strip all bars are within walking distance.

On the Dark Side the bars are kilometres apart.

Edited by bar stool

At La Guinguette a male Thai family member of the owner is “cooking”, microwaving pizzas I guess.

They have recruited some twenty somethings from a Thai karaoke in Buriram.

Heineken 80 baht, lady drinks 100 baht, room 350 baht, girl 1,000 baht.

12116017_1510702685910393_37452816618864

Are these them?  :SoWhat1:  :GoldenSmile1:

The one at the back is a dirty girl - a great fuck and enjoyed her many times. Seemed very aloof last few times I went in there though

12116017_1510702685910393_37452816618864

Are these them?  :SoWhat1:  :GoldenSmile1:

The one at the back is a dirty girl - a great fuck and enjoyed her many times. Seemed very aloof last few times I went in there though

No, I saw different faces at my latest visit.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

IS the apple bar (new place on Mabprachan) on the list yet? IN there last night and they have 2 of the hottest girls in this area working there. 

IS the apple bar (new place on Mabprachan) on the list yet? IN there last night and they have 2 of the hottest girls in this area working there. 

Not on the list. Where on Mabprachan is the bar?

Bump to let BM's know the map has been updated.

Based on feedback, another update to the Darkside map. Click on the Changes tab in Google Sheets to see a list of the recent changes.

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

Some things on Khao Talo.

M Pub is marked on the wrong side of the road.

Rich lom is closed.

Rams indian restaurant missing. Opposite Bee Bar

Steak by Linda missing. After Nat bar.

Yayas darkside diner missing next to M Pub.

New bar or restaurant is opening opposite bee bar.

Wolfis restaurant missing between Mini and Stars bar.

Suger bar missing also.

Might be some more.

Not on the list. Where on Mabprachan is the bar?

Next to My Friend You and PAts Pbar

Some things on Khao Talo.

M Pub is marked on the wrong side of the road.

Rich lom is closed.

Rams indian restaurant missing. Opposite Bee Bar

Steak by Linda missing. After Nat bar.

Yayas darkside diner missing next to M Pub.

New bar or restaurant is opening opposite bee bar.

Wolfis restaurant missing between Mini and Stars bar.

Suger bar missing also.

Might be some more.

Thanks for the info. To keep this project manageable, for the most part I'm only including bars unless there's a standout feature about a particular restaurant. Salt and Pepper is one good example. They've done a great job outfitting the place, IMHO, so I snapped a pic and added to the map. If there's something special about the dinners you've listed, let me know and I can add.

Last week Angel Bar Beer was open, but it could be under new ownership.

The youngest looking girl was 30 years old.

Apparently there is no happy hour any longer; around 3 p.m. I paid 75 baht for a Heineken.

Noticed too that it had reopened. Decided to give it a try Friday night. Had a sang som soda that was 99% soda. Pointed this out to the cashier, she took a sniff said it was ok. Immediately check binned never to return. The mind boggles why they would short pour sang som.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dive bar on Soi Khao Noi is a Thai restaurant now.
Saint George & Dragon on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9 has a small bar on the right ... that was empty.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

The Angel bar, the current cashier was previously at Darkside bar(closed), Saxophone Bar(closed then sold off) and now Angel. Not an easy person to get on with

The LEvi Pub (along from BLue Moose, next to Clover and som bar and Duke place) seemed to be open last time I went past. Would go today to  have a look except for this sodding rain! 

The LEvi Pub (along from BLue Moose, next to Clover and som bar and Duke place) seemed to be open last time I went past. Would go today to  have a look except for this sodding rain! 

That Levi Pub, or whatever the name is, was open last week.

Pity, because I used to park in front of it.

What kind of bar is it ?

Not a girlie bar, I guess.

The bar called "My Way" (same soi as Dukes) has remodeled and changed it's name to "The Mucky Duck",

The bar called "My Way" (same soi as Dukes) has remodeled and changed it's name to "The Mucky Duck",

Google map already updated.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of bar is it ?

The women that have been sitting outside Levi pub don't look exactly youthful and aren't too easy on the eye.

Also see that the Dukes has new signage as The Sinners Lounge and are advertising an openning party on 1st Dec.

What kind of bar is it ?

I went in there 2 weeks ago, it's a German pub, with a full German/Thai food menu.  It is a nice big bar with many tables and they have a small stage for a band. Two girls took care me me and my friend as we had some beers but like many DS girls they weren't anything special and I most likely won't be returning anytime soon.  Average pub, average girls.      

Looks like a change of name for the Dukes on Soi Boonsampan 9 off Khao Noi, new name is Sinners Lounge, grand opening on the 1st December.

"I want to die young, but only when I'm very very old"

"Life is for living, not for wishing you had lived a life"

I went in there 2 weeks ago, it's a German pub, with a full German/Thai food menu.  It is a nice big bar with many tables and they have a small stage for a band. Two girls took care me me and my friend as we had some beers but like many DS girls they weren't anything special and I most likely won't be returning anytime soon.  Average pub, average girls.      

Probably average food too.

Another update to the map with quite a few new bars out on SCC. Click on the Changes tab in Google Sheets to see a list of the recent changes.

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map and changes included with this update: