IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

Another update to the map with quite a few new bars out on SCC. Click on the Changes tab in Google Sheets to see a list of the recent changes.

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map and changes included with this update:

Many new names, but which ones are actually girlie bars ?

The women that have been sitting outside Levi pub don't look exactly youthful and aren't too easy on the eye.

Also see that the Dukes has new signage as The Sinners Lounge and are advertising an openning party on 1st Dec.

I went in there 2 weeks ago, it's a German pub, with a full German/Thai food menu.  It is a nice big bar with many tables and they have a small stage for a band. Two girls took care me me and my friend as we had some beers but like many DS girls they weren't anything special and I most likely won't be returning anytime soon.  Average pub, average girls.      

Levi Pub sounds like Jewish/kosher.

Not my cup of tea, thank you.

Saxo Bar on Soi Khao Noi, previously Darkness and Noi’s Beer Bar, has changed hands once again.
AFAIK that is at least the sixth owner in about five years.
It is a
Bar de la Poste-style bar now, but it is darker with fewer girls and less quality.
Som Bar on Soi Khao Noi Soi 9 has closed and the owners have started Sinner Lounge, also on Soi Khao Noi Soi 9, where The Dukes Lounge and Golden Gate used to be.
Not the slightest improvement as to the quality of the girls.
On Soi Khao Noi, where The Dive used to be, is now a Thai restaurant.
So, lost for the bar trade.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Looks like a change of name for the Dukes on Soi Boonsampan 9 off Khao Noi, new name is Sinners Lounge, grand opening on the 1st December.

The name is Sinner Lounge (singular).

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

I went in there 2 weeks ago, it's a German pub, with a full German/Thai food menu.  It is a nice big bar with many tables and they have a small stage for a band. Two girls took care me me and my friend as we had some beers but like many DS girls they weren't anything special and I most likely won't be returning anytime soon.  Average pub, average girls.      

I have been told that Levi Pub does not open until 4 p.m.

I forgot to tell: at Saxo Bar new style the first drink is on the house.

Saxo Bar on Soi Khao Noi, previously Darkness and Noi’s Beer Bar, has changed hands once again.

AFAIK that is at least the sixth owner in about five years.

It is a Bar de la Poste-style bar now, but it is darker with fewer girls and less quality.

Som Bar on Soi Khao Noi Soi 9 has closed and the owners have started Sinner Lounge, also on Soi Khao Noi Soi 9, where The Dukes Lounge and Golden Gate used to be.

Not the slightest improvement as to the quality of the girls.

On Soi Khao Noi, where The Dive used to be, is now a Thai restaurant.

So, lost for the bar trade.

Thanks for the update. If by Bar de la Poste-style you mean you get buzzed in, that would be great. I find those bars more fun and less inhibiting for the ladies as well as the customers. Hopefully in time they can recruit a better stable of women.

Hi all like to spend the odd day at soI khao talo mainly the booze lounge some good fun to be had there my question is are there other bars in walking distance from booze lounge as it's normally the last stop after a dark side tour and memory a bit blurry by that time , thx for advise [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update. If by Bar de la Poste-style you mean you get buzzed in, that would be great. I find those bars more fun and less inhibiting for the ladies as well as the customers. Hopefully in time they can recruit a better stable of women.

Yes, there is a doorbell now at Saxo Bar.

Hi all like to spend the odd day at soI khao talo mainly the booze lounge some good fun to be had there my question is are there other bars in walking distance from booze lounge as it's normally the last stop after a dark side tour and memory a bit blurry by that time , thx for advise [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Booze Lounge is long over the hill.

At least ten other (open) girlie bars within a stone’s throw, but not much quality.

I lived close to a couple of these dark side bars, and it seemed that most of the customers consisted of the owner and his friends....donno how that would work for profits? I tend to drive past them and stop if I see a party or large congregation of girls....maybe someones bday. All in good fun. Prices are good, non-pushy. Nowadays I really have to watch who I blow my load with Im not as young as I used to be. 

"Better Passah Thai...Better Pussy" 

Yes, there is a doorbell now at Saxo Bar.

Is the same modus operandi as Mango, Telephone and Le Carre Blanc?

At Stars Bar on Soi Khao Talo are one ladyboy and two fatties now, not what most punters are looking for.
The Englishman who owned it before Nok seems to have become a part of the furniture.
That’s at least one customer (or sponsor).

I went into Saxo bar the other day,  bought a lady drink and the top came down, same like telephone bar, Not a stunner but ok for 100+ baht, hands on tits drink.

I went into Saxo bar the other day,  bought a lady drink and the top came down, same like telephone bar, Not a stunner but ok for 100+ baht, hands on tits drink.

Popped in there in Saturday and, despite the fairly low quality of the looks in there, was quite impressed - i was trying to work out what the catch was with the first drink free bit but there didn't appear to be one apart from feeling obliged to buy another one!

Glad i read on here that it was open again as it looks from the outside as if someone has decided to turn it into a garden centre.

Glad i read on here that it was open again as it looks from the outside as if someone has decided to turn it into a garden centre.

555, I thought the same thing, the entrance feels like a garden maze. 

download.jpg

Edited by Wolf Cat
  • Like 2

555, I thought the same thing, the entrance feels like a garden maze.

Popped in there this evening and got to say i was very impressed.

First drink was still free but, since all the ladies were busy, i was brought a second one for free as well. After three guys left i was moved in on by a couple of them and having had a few before i got there was well entertained. Bottom line was after taking the pair of them to a curtained off sofa i was well taken care of and left a happy man (yet another free drink appeared while i was being looked after).

Clearly they are making a big effort here and very focused on keeping their customers happy - though i ended up paying 1200 baht to the bar and 700 each to the two ladies it was well worth the visit.

They have changed their name to Le Rouge, give small pieces of bread with pate on arrival and and all the girls seem to have been trained to say "thank you for cumming" or something like it as you leave which was a little bit odd but charming - also they open at 9am and the boss said if i bring the croissants she will provide the coffee.

The TGF and I went to the 199 baht all you can eat BBQ at Whitehorse Pub which is a part of Eastern Place hotel. Was good value. Not outstanding but  you pick your meat and they cook it and you have a selection of salad and fruits etc.Friday and saturday nights. After dinner we wandered over to a bar opposite. It is next to the road and intersection that crosses the railway line in Khao Talo. It is a Thai bar but they are happy for a falang to enter.  Pool table and limited beers and spirits.About 8.00 pm some Thai girls came in and they said a band would start about 9 pm.The TGF said the girls were available for  barfine and some were very cute. They mostly were barfined by Thais. Might be worth a look for any local who speaks Thai. It says brewery on the outside but I suspect that is recycled signage. Apparently does Thai food.The TGF liked it  and might be a cheap option rather than taking them into Jomtiem or WS,.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Route 69 bar on Soi Kao Noi is now called "Flintstone's bar", a couple of young cuties in there, but limited English so be prepared to speak Thai.,

They are not supposed to have them now... but the rooms that used to be there, used as accommodation... sometimes... get used for rumpy pumpy. I think you need to be known there and no chance of you being a farang snitch. 

Norwegian-owned Ice Star near Mabprachan Lake indeed has ST rooms, on the ground floor, behind the backdoor.

The tariff appears to be 300 baht barfine plus 200 baht extra for the room.

At my latest visit there were two fatties and a medium-sized girl who wanted 1,500 baht ST and 2,000 baht LT, no anal.

Rich’s (Lom) Bar has become a “mom-and-pop” shop.

At Mango Pub ST bar fine prices have gone up: 450 baht in the room upstairs and 320 baht in the playground downstairs.
Note that for that money you do not even get a clean towel in the room.

New bar opened in Khao Talo. Blue sea angles. Opposite the Krungthai bank. A few girlsin there anda VIP room upstairs. 100 baht for a sangsom was taking the piss although the beer was 60 baht

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

New bar opened in Khao Talo. Blue sea angles. Opposite the Krungthai bank. A few girlsin there anda VIP room upstairs. 100 baht for a sangsom was taking the piss although the beer was 60 baht

Thanks for the update. Since I'm a sang som drinker I give this one a miss, but still add it to the map.