Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

edit, slow internet today

Edited by Wolf Cat

At Mango Pub ST bar fine prices have gone up: 450 baht in the room upstairs and 320 baht in the playground downstairs.

Note that for that money you do not even get a clean towel in the room.

450 for the room upstairs and 320 for the small bamboo love seat? F that, those Mango girls make the Beach Road freelancers look like supermodels....555

450 for the room upstairs and 320 for the small bamboo love seat? F that, those Mango girls make the Beach Road freelancers look like supermodels....555

Yep, agree with this. It never used to be as dire as it is now. 100% fuglies.

Saxo has reopened as Le Rouge (same as Telephone Box)

They have realised the cockup and Sangsom is now 50 baht. Apparently they thought all whiskies were the same price. Khao Talo is very price sensitive.

Thanks for the update. Since I'm a sang som drinker I give this one a miss, but still add it to the map.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

They have realised the cockup and Sangsom is now 50 baht. Apparently they thought all whiskies were the same price. Khao Talo is very price sensitive.

Sounds like they don't have much experience running a bar if they thought all whiskies were the same.

Not doubting your report, but wanted to see for myself if they were really trying it on with 100B Sangsom, So I stopped in two nights ago and they assured me Sangsom was 50B, and that was what was on my bin.

My take on the bar is they must be aiming for a Thai customer base as I was the only westerner in there out of about ten customers that night. Don't mind a Thai customer presence, but prefer a bar with a higher percentage of westerner customers. Perhaps that was a one off, so will check the bar out again on another night.

A couple of new bars, and a few name changes.  Click on the Changes tab in Google Sheets to see a list of the recent changes.

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map and changes included with this update:

Black Angels on Soi Lablai has had the shutters down last couple of times i went past.

La Rouge (old Saxo Bar) was 'entertaining' this evening though not as much as before christmas - some of the better looking girls look to have been swapped out and replaced by other from La Poste/Le Telephone which are owned by the same guy.

Notice the Dao Bar had a sign up for a pool party this sunday - pool from lunchtime then bar behind from 6pm - might give it a try if i can get my sunday lunch to settle.

All the girls i spoke to said that new year had been shite with very few people around.

New bar opened in Khao Talo. Blue sea angles. Opposite the Krungthai bank. A few girlsin there anda VIP room upstairs. 100 baht for a sangsom was taking the piss although the beer was 60 baht

Blue Sea Angles (indeed not Angels or Anglers) Bar on Soi Khao Talo is American owned.

It is nicely and expensively laid out, but I doubt if that will be much help.

I saw a cashier and two fatties, one of 21 years and one at least twice that age.

They have no ST rooms, but a “VIP room” upstairs where you can sit together with friends watching television.

I did not see Thai males.

Bottled Heineken 70 baht.

Black Angels on Soi Lablai has had the shutters down last couple of times i went past.

La Rouge (old Saxo Bar) was 'entertaining' this evening though not as much as before christmas - some of the better looking girls look to have been swapped out and replaced by other from La Poste/Le Telephone which are owned by the same guy.

Notice the Dao Bar had a sign up for a pool party this sunday - pool from lunchtime then bar behind from 6pm - might give it a try if i can get my sunday lunch to settle.

All the girls i spoke to said that new year had been shite with very few people around.

The name is not La Rouge, but Le Rouge, which could mean a glass of cheap red wine or lipstick or make-up for the cheeks or a male redhead or a male communist.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for making this map. Even after many trips Ididn't know about anything there. I should start driving.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the map. Gonna use it next week

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Black Swan Australian owned?
During Antiquity a black swan was a synonym for a contradiction because people were convinced that black swans could not exist.
In 1642
Abel Janszoon Tasman, an Oceania explorer for the VOC, discovered Anthoonij van Diemenslandt, which later was renamed Tasmanië.
What is now known as Australia, was named
Nieuw-Holland and what is now known as New Zealand, was named Nieuw-Zeeland
(The VOC = Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie = (Dutch) United East Indian Company was the world’s biggest company of that time and van Diemen was their governor general for Dutch East India. Holland and Zeeland were the counties with the most important ports of the Republic and the most important shareholders of the VOC.)
In 1697 Willem de Vlamingh, another VOC explorer, discovered black swans in
Nieuw-Holland/Australia.
The same Willem de Vlamingh advised his VOC masters against wasting more money on the exploration of such a worthless country.

The same Willem de Vlamingh advised his VOC masters against wasting more money on the exploration of such a worthless country.

It has improved a bit over the years. The Brits deserve most of the credit, because they brought a lot of Australians over and left them there.

:GoldenSmile1:

Edited by localguy

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

It has improved a bit over the years. The Brits deserve most of the credit, because they brought a lot of Australians over and left them there.

:GoldenSmile1:

The Poms were not interested in Western Australia until the Frogs wanted to bring THEIR convicts to “Nouvelle Hollande”.

The women that have been sitting outside Levi pub don't look exactly youthful and aren't too easy on the eye.

Also see that the Dukes has new signage as The Sinners Lounge and are advertising an openning party on 1st Dec.

I went in there 2 weeks ago, it's a German pub, with a full German/Thai food menu.  It is a nice big bar with many tables and they have a small stage for a band. Two girls took care me me and my friend as we had some beers but like many DS girls they weren't anything special and I most likely won't be returning anytime soon.  Average pub, average girls.      

The LEvi Pub (along from BLue Moose, next to Clover and som bar and Duke place) seemed to be open last time I went past. Would go today to  have a look except for this sodding rain! 

Levi’s has closed again.

Edited by Peeping Tom

At the previous location of Som Bar is now The Diner.
Jungo Bar has become The Green Bar.

Edited by Peeping Tom

Sugar bar in Khao talo is now Step Up bar after a change of ownership after the cashier did a runner. 

Aussie bar has closed  due to lack of interest by the owner. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Sugar bar in Khao talo is now Step Up bar after a change of ownership after the cashier did a runner. 

Aussie bar has closed  due to lack of interest by the owner. 

Not heard of "Aussie bar". Where is it?

I was riding on Khao Noi today around 430 pm and saw a new bar a few doors down from Golden Flower (aka the old GoGress), I popped my head in and the Thai lady said they will be opening soon but  today they didn't received their beer delivery and only had whiskey.  

The name is "Patty Bar", the inside looks decent, I'll check back in a few days.

Dusk to Dawn had its opening party last week.  Popped in last night to see what its like on a regular night .-  only 5 girls working and two were agency girls.  Expensive Lady drinks for any bar let alone a Dark Side bar.

Not heard of "Aussie bar". Where is it?

Its nowhere it is closed. Used to be Mr burger. But the point is fairly moot.

Time for another update. The latest batch of changes can be seen by clicking on the Changes tab in Google Sheets.

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map and changes included with this update: