IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

I noticed on another forum that a Company called Kantary have put up a sign in Thai on the empty plot somewhere

I heard rumours that a Russian outfit were going to build there and the agreement was that the building closest to BR would be lowish - with a taller building to the rear of it to cause less impact on the views from VT6

Kantary are into hotels and Serviced Apartments - their Head Office is apparently based in Rayong

This is all second hand info - perhaps someone could post a pic of the sign for us to see and confirm?

Please don't shoot the messenger...

I recall reading somewhere that it had just been sold but for a mall development which is much more profitable than a condo. Why would a Russian company want to not block VT6 view, if they could make 1 million baht more by blocking I am sure that they would do it. Hope they go ahead and block it all after the VT company did the same in Jomtien by bribing everyone to change the rules to 100m from beach high water level, Som nom nar

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

socrates, need to send you private message, can you make some free space ?

"The member socrates cannot receive any new messages"

Thanks in advance

socrates, need to send you private message, can you make some free space ?

"The member socrates cannot receive any new messages"

Thanks in advance

Should be OK now

I recall reading somewhere that it had just been sold but for a mall development which is much more profitable than a condo. Why would a Russian company want to not block VT6 view, if they could make 1 million baht more by blocking I am sure that they would do it. Hope they go ahead and block it all after the VT company did the same in Jomtien by bribing everyone to change the rules to 100m from beach high water level, Som nom nar

A mall the other side of Central?

Should be OK now

Ok thanks socrates, have just sent you PM.

Its a large property

attachicon.gif Pattaya.png

This is the area, approximatively 24,000 square meters (about 80m x 300m).

Ok so, thanks socrates for opening this topic, here are some of the informations i got previously on my side because i guess we were many to wonder what would be exactly the real estate project planned to be built next to VT6 :

It confirms first rumors i got a few weeks ago from people working in some agencies downstairs inside VT6 (Honey and Jasmina, to name them) about a real estate project which should start to be built next year. They also told me about a two levels project, lower height on Beach Road side (like 13-15 floors) and higher level on Second Road side (28 floors). That name 'Kantary' also popped up in the conversation but no one was able to spell it properly so i could not get further informations.

Now with the proper spelling i could start to search the web and guess what ? I have found this recent pdf where President of Kantary hotels company is writing, i quote :

"For example, in Pattaya we plan to build a Cape Collection and Kantary Collection hotel on 24,000 square meters of land at the cost of around 3.5 billion baht. The Cape Collection hotel - our luxury brand - will have 70 rooms; the Kantary Collection hotel – geared towards long and short stay guests – will contain 250 rooms. All of the quality facilities and features of our hotels will be present at these two Pattaya properties; our Cape Collection hotel will feature the most opulent beachside bar in all of Pattaya,” said Navanukroh. "

http://www.kasemkij....dkantaya-en.pdf

It fits with the previous informations and 24,000 square meters seems approximatively the size of the empty land next to VT6 on Walking Street side.

Also, i got confirmation about the sign on the empty plot next to VT6, will try to get a pic of it from somewhere living there and post it asap.

Gonna be a bitch for anyone living/staying at VT6 WS side as soon as the construction starts, gonna have to find a new base in Pattaya  :(

• Like 1

"For example, in Pattaya we plan to build a Cape Collection and Kantary Collection hotel on 24,000 square meters of land at the cost of around 3.5 billion baht. The Cape Collection hotel - our luxury brand - will have 70 rooms; the Kantary Collection hotel – geared towards long and short stay guests – will contain 250 rooms. All of the quality facilities and features of our hotels will be present at these two Pattaya properties; our Cape Collection hotel will feature the most opulent beachside bar in all of Pattaya,” said Navanukroh. "

.................................................................................................

Maybe another investor who believes in TAT & City Hall's plans for Pattaya......................

..........................or will some still say Pattaya will only ever be for sex tourists?     :hello09:

Any idea when construction is going to start exactly?

Also, how long will this approx. take to get finished, respectively how long did it take to build VT6 or Central Festival e.g.?

I've stayed at VT6 my last two trips. I've looked at the empty lot for years knowing it would a matter of time.

Also, i got confirmation about the sign on the empty plot next to VT6, will try to get a pic of it from somewhere living there and post it asap.

Went by yesterday and only saw the "do not litter" sign at the fence.

I will look more closely next time, and take a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be OK now

A mall the other side of Central?

OK hotel and mall, want to bet that there wont be any shopping on bottom floors. Why is a mall the other side of VT6 such a bad idea? This is Thailand they will copy any successful idea.

Have to go back to Soi 6 kids section forum now Andy, I am scared in the rest of the forum with all these adults.

Edited by DP Gumbypgh

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

Sucks but inevitable, I would always stay in VT6 on the side with the view, now that will be gone as well.

• Like 1

OK Hotel and mall, want to bet that there wont be any shopping on bottom floors. Why is a mall the other side of VT6 such a bad idea? This is Thailand they will copy any successful idea.

Have to go back to Soi 6 kids section forum now Andy, I am scared in the rest of the forum with all these adults.

I would suggest there will be a lot more malls being built in Pattaya in the coming years

But it is unlikely that the VT company has much (if any) financial interest in VT6.

They build, they sell and go elsewhere.

So what sohm nam naa are you referring to?

......................................Why would a Russian company want to not block VT6 view, if they could make 1 million baht more by blocking I am sure that they would do it.........................

Or any company really.

Whatever nice things they say about low level, I'm sure they'll do whatever they need to do to maximise profit.

There's no reason for them to worry about the view from VT6 and presumably the VT crew have got their money already.

The only hope VT6ers have is that either they really don't want to build high, or that City Hall stops them for some reason.

What is the value or rental difference between North facing and South facing?

Or any company really.

Whatever nice things they say about low level, I'm sure they'll do whatever they need to do to maximise profit.

There's no reason for them to worry about the view from VT6 and presumably the VT crew have got their money already.

The only hope VT6ers have is that either they really don't want to build high, or that City Hall stops them for some reason.

What is the value or rental difference between North facing and South facing?

From memory looking at Dancewatchers etc, quite a bit. If you've been up there, the shadow cast and air con noise from Central Festival Plaza can be quite despoiling of the experience on that side.

the last piece of original pattaya to be finally built on.  I always like looking at this plot and imagine how it was before the high rise development hit pattaya.  And now they have it all. Wondered for years really why it was never built on... must be worth a fortune now

Edited by T-T-T

the last piece of original pattaya to be finally built on.  I always like looking at this plot and imagine how it was before the high rise development hit pattaya.  And now they have it all. Wondered for years really why it was never built on... must be worth a fortune now

For what i know (and what it's worth), two different thai families were owning the huge empty plot south of VT6 (when you are in the tower, you can notice there is a fence in the middle separating two areas, one with the small house on Beach Road side and the other one with only trees on Second Road side). They fought about the land for many years and finally reached an agreement lately. That's why the land remained empty for so many years. Not so bad for them i guess as they probably sold the land at a much higher price lately rather than a few years ago before the real estate boom in Pattaya.

Probably the best empty location remaining unbuilt in Pattaya until now, 24,000 square meters on beachfront.

Should be ok if you are on a high floor

We almost know for sure that the new project will have two different levels, higher on Second Road side and lower on Beach Road side. I know for sure that some people at VT6 had to sign papers about the new project so guess they had to reach an agreement about the project because of the view obviously.

Once again, for what i know (and what it's worth), the new buildings (probably 2 according to the new infos i got yesterday, one for the Kantary Collection hotel, 250 rooms, and the other one for the Cape Collection hotel, 70 rooms) will be 28 floors on Second Road side and 15 floors on Beach Road side + they also plan to build "the most opulent beachside bar in all of Pattaya". We also cannot imagine they would not build one large swimming pool (or even two) so the question is rather it would be built, if only one, in-between the two buildings or on beachfront next to the new beachside bar.

View Talay 6 is 27 floors high so we know for sure that people staying on Walking Street side towards Second Road side will lose their view on the bay.

The only hope about the view on the bay remains now for the people staying on Walking Street side towards Beach Road side and located in View Talay 6 over the 15th floor.

It will really depend on 1/ the exact location of the new buildings on the empty plot, 2/ the location of the pool(s) on the new ground, 3/ the distance from the closest building from the beach (but the bad news is VT6 is already pretty remote from the beach due to its pool and the 7/11 building on beachfront).

My next goal will be to get some plans, or even better 3D model, from Kasemkij Company about the whole project.

Edited by Puttuyu

Plans have been posted on the third floor, adjacent to the lifts in View Talay 6.

I have sent an objection to the Cape and Kantary consortium directly.

Basically, the planned 15 level building on the beach side is way too close to the high water mark, ie within the 150 m distance from high water. They are planning to build in front of the Hilton structure and View Talay 6 as well as the 11 storey Bayview which is estimated to be the correct distance from the high level mark.

Will speak to VT6 Juristic this week to find out how to officially object to EIA the environmental body, and also to the council.

Notice that The Waterfront building past Bali Hai pier has been halted because of improper safety exits and possibly breech of guidelines regarding the high water mark.

It would be best for the new owners to build the first building at the correct waterline, as the EIA will have stricter guidelines for adherence now that the new junta/parliament are moving against illegal encroachments, as seen in a few of the national parks. Also the taller second structure would be better closer to and starting close to Second road on the South Eastern corner, since both the south view would not be obstructed by the Bayview and the northern view would not be blocked by View Talay 6. Great views towards Naklua looking North over the low lying parts of Central Festival. That's if they have any common sense.

Will post the emails of the relevant authorities to object to, when available. You can send an objection direct to Cape and Kantary at

[email protected]

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by viceman

Plans have been posted on the third floor, adjacent to the lifts in View Talay 6.

Guess many people not on location right now would like to have a look at those.

Could you please post them on the topic ?

Basically, the planned 15 level building on the beach side is way too close

the high water mark, ie within the 150 m distance from high water.

Hi. To be verified, but the minimum distance for high building in this area is 100m, not 150m.

This 100m has been explained by Citi Hall when the Central Beach Festival has been launched.

It was 200m for VT7 but in another area with other criteria.

So, apparently, two buildings it is indeed. And the surprise is they will be perpendicular to each other, not such a bad idea finally on a larger ground like this.

There is also much space in-between with gardens.

Higher building seems pretty remote from Second Road, almost 1/3 of the total distance to the beach remains unbuilt.

Lower building seems to be like 50-60 meters from Beach Road, which is not so close but close enough to hide view from View Talay 6 itself which is even more distant from the beach, probably like 100 meters with the 7-11 building and its long pool in-between. People located on the 15th first floors would lose almost all view on the bay, and for sure totally on Pattaya sign even if located on Walking Street side close to the corner.

Well some will still be able to see part of the bay in-between the two new buildings ^^

Edited by Puttuyu