Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

The concern (and objections) of owners/residents is of course understandable.

However, if they bought on the assumption that they would always have that view, then looking at that site and hoping that nothing significant would ever be built there seems somewhat wishful to say the least, depending on which floor perhaps. 

I can't imagine that City Hall will be too obstructive to a 3.5 Billion Baht investor or that they won't already have rubber stamped the plans.

Its a large property

post-123804-0-20353500-1412322297.png

So here are some better pictures of the plans for the new project :

x104.jpg.pagespeed.ic.M4eysNy2Hq.jpg

x105.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ylpvwo326d.jpg

x106.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hYMSPilelh.jpg

So on last picture you will notice that 3 areas still remain unbuilt around the light green area of the project.

On second picture they wrote this in thai on these 3 areas : พื้นที่ว่างรอการพัฒนาในอนาคต which basically means Empty area to be developed in the future.

I am now wondering if Kantary bought the land except those 3 areas or if they bought the whole plot and plan to develop later on these parts or sell them back to another companies to build something else (like a restaurant on the area on beachfront for example).

In any case, more (bad) surprises to be announced...

Edited by Puttuyu
  • Like 2

So is there a firesale on VT6 apartments now?

Once Cape Collection is built I look forward to staying there once or twice.  Hope the new buildings are bargirl friendly  :)

Often in situations like this the pressure on prices will initially be low as sellers/owners either are in disbelief or will not accept a loss.

The scale will tip at some point, however, VT6 condos will still be prime and in demand, the location is not changing

Granted the panoramic views will be gone, but there will still be some views in either direction.

Well, Walking Street side condos have always been more valuable than Naklua Side ones and that won't change. Sunny side will still remain on that side and, according to the plans, the new buildings will be more distant from VT6 (about 50m) than the huge Central Festival/Hilton is on north side (about 15m only) and most of all will show a less huge 'wall' to VT6 viewers from balconies. 

The new project is not such a bad news as they have tried to design something really different from the VT6 big boat. I guess Central Festival/Hilton was a much worse news a few years ago for the ones living on Naklua Side (the same condo which costs now 6 million baths in higher levels on Walking Street side costs 3.5 million 'only' in lower levels on Naklua Side).

Those to be most impacted will be the owners of condos located in the back of VT6 (next to Second Road side) due to the very high Kantary Collection tower and those located below 18th floor almost at the pool corner. More surprisingly, those located near the middle of VT6 tower, whatever their level, won't be so affected due to the unexpected space between the two new buildings which lets a large part of the view available on the Bay and probably on Pattaya sign.

On the opposite, i expect most condos located above 20th floor and between pool corner and the middle of the tower to gain again value in the near future now that the project is known (if agreed on those terms) as their view won't be affected at all by the pretty moderate height of the Cape Collection tower and its 15 floors.

They will gain value as they will become the exception for their pristine view in a tower of 1,100 condos where most will have lost it in 2 years.

Anyway, VT6 won't lose its main asset which is its perfect location right in the middle of Pattaya, next to its biggest mall, and on beachfront.

As Frank Underwood would say, power is a lot like real estate. It's all about location, location, location.

Edited by Puttuyu

All in all, although owners would obviously have preferred the land to stay undeveloped forever, it looks about as good as they could have hoped for (depending where in VT6 they are).

The distance from VT6 and the gap in the middle make it quite acceptable IMO (not an owner) given that something significant was bound to be built there.

Maybe a good time to invest in soundproofing for those who don't like an early wake up.

So here are some better pictures of the plans for the new project :

Thanks Puttuyu for re-posting my pics on this forum :wink:

Here is a zoom of the last one:

107.jpg

Edited by Oukiva

For what i know (and what it's worth), two different thai families were owning the huge empty plot south of VT6 (when you are in the tower, you can notice there is a fence in the middle separating two areas, one with the small house on Beach Road side and the other one with only trees on Second Road side). They fought about the land for many years and finally reached an agreement lately. That's why the land remained empty for so many years. Not so bad for them i guess as they probably sold the land at a much higher price lately rather than a few years ago before the real estate boom in Pattaya.

Probably the best empty location remaining unbuilt in Pattaya until now, 24,000 square meters on beachfront.

We almost know for sure that the new project will have two different levels, higher on Second Road side and lower on Beach Road side. I know for sure that some people at VT6 had to sign papers about the new project so guess they had to reach an agreement about the project because of the view obviously.

Once again, for what i know (and what it's worth), the new buildings (probably 2 according to the new infos i got yesterday, one for the Kantary Collection hotel, 250 rooms, and the other one for the Cape Collection Hotel, 70 rooms) will be 28 floors on Second Road side and 15 floors on Beach Road side + they also plan to build "the most opulent beachside bar in all of Pattaya". We also cannot imagine they would not build one large swimming pool (or even two) so the question is rather it would be built, if only one, in-between the two buildings or on beachfront next to the new beachside bar.

View Talay 6 is 27 floors high so we know for sure that people staying on Walking Street side towards Second Road side will lose their view on the bay.

The only hope about the view on the bay remains now for the people staying on Walking Street side towards Beach Road side and located in View Talay 6 over the 15th floor.

It will really depend on 1/ the exact location of the new buildings on the empty plot, 2/ the location of the pool(s) on the new ground, 3/ the distance from the closest building from the beach (but the bad news is VT6 is already pretty remote from the beach due to its pool and the 7/11 building on beachfront).

My next goal will be to get some plans, or even better 3D model, from Kasemkij Company about the whole project.

I heard from someone, maybe Socrates (?) that the property was owned by two or more siblings in the family that owns one of the big beers in Thailand... and that they had fought over what to do with the property for years...

have also heard that many units remain unsold and unfinished there, anyone know the facts?

Edited by Daddee

I know for sure that some people at VT6 had to sign papers about the new project so guess they had to reach an agreement about the project because of the views obviously.

Who are these people signing papers about a project that affects my entitlement of the building? What right have they to reach an agreement about a project on behalf of VT6?

Sounds like a seedy back room deal !

I know for sure that some people at VT6 had to sign papers about the new project so guess they had to reach an agreement about the project because of the views obviously.

Who are these people signing papers about a project that affects my entitlement of the building? What right have they to reach an agreement about a project on behalf of VT6?

Hi. To be verified, but the minimum distance for high building in this area is 100m, not 150m.This 100m has been explained by Citi Hall when the Central Beach Festival has been launched.It was 200m for VT7 but in another area with other criteria.

Yes, explained by Citi-Hall. It appears to be anybody's rule by money....criteria swirling, swaying in the wind like a bag full of bahts flung into the air.

got to say seeing the plans it could be a lot worse for VT6 and generally for the plot as a whole.  For once some thought seems to have gone into the looks, spacing. landscaping etc and not build a monstrosity like VT6 itself. the VT do look like prison blocks to me.

Interesting though about the piece of land to the front and side not been developed. I wonder if the house will remain in front of all this  in a last act of defiance be interesting to see.  

Ah just checked the map that's a goner. wonder when it was built originally?

Edited by T-T-T

But it is unlikely that the VT company has much (if any) financial interest in VT6.

They build, they sell and go elsewhere.

So what sohm nam naa are you referring to?

VT company never uses real estate companies or anyone else to sell their properties so they still own all of the empty shells that are for sale still in VT6. I feel sorry for anyone who's view is blocked but not for the VT company. 

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

VT company never uses real estate companies or anyone else to sell their properties so they still own all of the empty shells that are for sale still in VT6. I feel sorry for anyone who's view is blocked but not for the VT company.

At this point (seven years later), how many might that be?

Two? Four? A Hundred?

Not sure but still quite a few empty I think

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

Was looking at a empty shell on the 24 floor six months ago, they wanted 8.5 mil, the one I was staying in on the 13th floor went up for sale for 10 mil.its on the condo6 website for rent at 60000 per month, looks like they will lose their view,

For a better idea of Kantary's impact on VT6 :

Nicely done.

So if you're in the front half of VT6 and about 17th floor up the view survives?

I know for sure that some people at VT6 had to sign papers about the new project so guess they had to reach an agreement about the project because of the view obviously.

People at agencies in VT6, Honey and Jasmina to name them. That's how i heard about the Kantary project and the two level buildings in the first place about 2 months ago when i was looking for informations about the project to be developed on the empty plot. They told me the project would start to be developed next year and that they had even seen the plans, guess the same ones we have posted here yesterday.

By the way, it seems Dancewatchers did not know about the project at that time (Or maybe Tik just did not want to 'advertise' too much about it. Business is business). But, contrary to Honey and Jasmina, they don't have their offices in VT6 tower.

It seems they have been advised about the project regarding the most important point : the impact on the view. It also seems, according to your reaction, that unfortunately individual owners in VT6 have not been.

Edited by Puttuyu

For a better idea of Kantary's impact on VT6 :

108.jpg

So if you're in the front half of VT6 and about 17th floor up the view survives?

Thanks for the Google Maps modeling Oukiva.

As i was saying in one previous message, it would survive for the view over the bay and the sign but the bad news is you will be in front of Kantary Collection tower, which is way too much located right in the middle of the plot and not closer to Second Road as expected from first rumors.

Guess, as for the Bayview location, they want to avoid too much proximity to Second Road and its noisy traffic and still pretend they are a Beach Road hotel and not a Second Road one.

By the way, it seems Dancewatchers did not know about the project at that time (Or maybe Tik just did not want to 'advertise' too much about it. Business is business). But, contrary to Honey and Jasmina, they don't have their offices in VT6 tower.

Tik yesterday claimed via e-mail not to have any information about this...

Tik yesterday claimed via e-mail not to have any information about this...

Hehe, not a big surprise to me. Guess she asks her co-workers to close their eyes when they take lifts in VT6. She is such a smart ass ^^

Hehe, not a big surprise to me. Guess she asks her co-workers to close their eyes when they take lifts in VT6. She is such a smart ass ^^

Dance watchers makes a fortune from commissions from renting out other peoples condos

Silent until it would look dodgy to remain silent lol

Was looking at a empty shell on the 24 floor six months ago, they wanted 8.5 mil, the one I was staying in on the 13th floor went up for sale for 10 mil.its on the condo6 website for rent at 60000 per month, looks like they will lose their view,

Lots of owners have been selling over the past 12 months

For 60k a month I would be looking at lots of other places in the same price range - namely Northshore