IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

Do the signs say anything about when the building work starts? I will stay in VT6 Walking Street side in January and prefer not to wake up to pile driving at 7am.

I am currently staying in VT6 and plenty of pile driving in my loom at 7 AM

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

I am currently staying in VT6 and plenty of pile driving in my loom at 7 AM

Already, really? What floor are you some assuming Walking Street side? Making me rethink staying there during Christmas if there is...

Already, really? What floor are you some assuming walking Street side? Making me rethink staying there during Christmas if there is...

:laugh:

This is a shame, but with a prime piece of real estate like that - it was inevitable.  I stayed in one of the DanceWatcher's units on the 21st floor at VT-6 last week, facing the South (Walking Street) side.  The view was fantastic, but every time I looked down at that empty piece of land, I knew there would be something built on it sooner or later.  It's too bad, because I really liked the view from VT-6.  Regardless, I'll continue to stay there, as it's location is perfect!

It appears that Kantary will not be hanging around once they get the go-ahead for this project, their Press Release states they expect to complete within 2 years.  I guess with the amount of money to be out-laid they'd be pretty keen to start getting some revenue back.

Not good news for the condo owners, even allowing for the 'gap' between the new buildings.  Once the panoramic sea view has gone, the properties become no more valuable than those on the Naklua side of VT6.

Bound to hit holiday bookings too for those of us that now know about the construction.  I can't imagine any part of VT6 is going to be immune from building noise, the pool area will become pretty near unusable, and I hate to imagine what access to the building will be like with heavy lorries driving in and out of the worksite all day.

I guess I may be back staying in a hotel in 2015.........

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

The construction noise will be a major issue and upon completion I assume that with partial or complete loss of the seaview to the Walking Street side this may reduce the cost of Condo's, though the question remains to what degree?

At day's end would I be happy to sacrifice a partial view for location; probably yes as long as I secure a Condo on one of the higher floors.

Though it will be interesting to see if the Condo rental prices decrease at all, though I suspect not.

It's all about those 3 magic words, location, location, location.

the site seen yesterday from beach rd.

view talay is left hand side. the wave hotel on the right of pic

oct 15 047_800x466.jpg

Do the signs say anything about when the building work starts? I will stay in VT6 Walking street side in January and prefer not to wake up to pile driving at 7am.

Same here... :-(

I'm actually excited about this build. A large portion of the upper VT6 floors will have the same great view but now there will be a whole bunch of VT6 rooms at the great VT6 location but at a move economical price range.

Also don't forget this new building will also have new rooms available. Although not as high as or as many as VT6 I'm sure they will be some killer rooms with some killer views.

The construction noise will be a major issue and upon completion I assume that with partial or complete loss of the seaview to the Walking Street side this may reduce the cost of Condo's, though the question remains to what degree?

At day's end would I be happy to sacrifice a partial view for location; probably yes as long as I secure a Condo on one of the higher floors.

Though it will be interesting to see if the Condo rental prices decrease at all, though I suspect not.

It's all about those 3 magic words, location, location, location.

I bet the ones that still have a view will cost more...

a shame... but on the other hand, the new place will be a great option, and hopefully not too expensive!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any news about when the construction will start?

Edited by patatas

I'm actually excited about this build. A large portion of the upper VT6 floors will have the same great view but now there will be a whole bunch of VT6 rooms at the great VT6 location but at a move economical price range.

Also don't forget this new building will also have new rooms available. Although not as high as or as many as VT6 I'm sure they will be some killer rooms with some killer views.

I think you misunderstood the impact of the Kantary's buildings on VT6 ??

- All South side VT6 rooms will have their view badly impacted, even on top floors

- Kantary tower will be higher than VT6

Here is a diagram I made and already posted on a previous page :

108.jpg

I think you misunderstood the impact of the Kantary's buildings on VT6 ??

- All South side VT6 rooms will have their view badly impacted, even on top floors

- Kantary tower will be higher than VT6

No sure what you mean by ALL and BADLY.

Most VT6 condos above Floor 15 will keep a good part of the sea view.

In other respects there sure will be an impact, but nothing that compares to 14th floor or below on the other side.

The picture makes things clear enough. A slightly taller building than VT6 will be built on the back of the adjacent lot. (Similar setback from the beach as VT6). The higher units on the south side of VT6 currently enjoy unobstructed 180 degree views. These views will be BADLY affected.

Will they still have a view talay (seaview)? Yes, if you go out onto the balcony and are above the proposed 17 story hotel being built on the front of the adjacent lot.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

• 1 month later...

And still nobody seems to know, on either thread, when construction will start! Does anyone have an idea at all? I'm just in the process of booking so this information would be greatly apreciated by myself and others i'm sure.

Thanks in advance :)

And still nobody seems to know, on either thread, when construction will start! Does anyone have an idea at all? I'm just in the process of booking so this information would be greatly apreciated by myself and others i'm sure.

Thanks in advance :)

almost impossible to say except a large development like this is almost sure to require EIA approval (enviromental impact assessment) which seems to take 5 to 6 months from the time developers apply

• Like 2

almost impossible to say except a large development like this is almost sure to require EIA approval (enviromental impact assessment) which seems to take 5 to 6 months from the time developers apply

and when did they apply, anyone know?

EIA approval has not been granted yet. Some of the property managers in the building think it will be 2016 before construction starts.

They built View Talay 5 in front of Jomtien Complex, the owners took them to court but were powerless to stop them.  Here's the lot next to VT6. 

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2258.JPG

Retired

I will be there next Thursday for 9 days and really looking forward to it!! Also booked 6 days for March 2015.