IGNORED

Rooms Above The New Chow Soy Restaurant

dazsomer123

Weird post, why not explain NOW? I'm sure Dave will address any problem you imagine you have!

Well Said Twelveinch lol!

I don't have any problems with anyone having bad things to say about my place.

Normally Board members do the talking for me lol.

All I can say is we are small Run Guest house with 6 Rooms at budget Price and you only get what you pay for.

Problem is some people think they can do better, I say good luck and good for Pattaya.

You have never heard me or never will hear me saying my place is best because there is always some were better lol.

As for Losworld will be nice to meet him when he comes and tells me what my problems are. Sounds more like some one who wants to find a problem before they even try the place. 

If he has had problem then i would also like to know about it, but until now nothing said to me.

See you soon Twelve Inch not long now Buddy.

Regards

DaveS

Is there a website where I can check the rooms out?? Planning to be in Patts for 4-5 days in Sept 2014.

Has there been any change in the rates?? Would appreciate if you can provide updated rates.

Hi!

Room Rates Are the same

Regards

DaveS

Sometimes in the morning the water comes thru hot but just hold nozzle and wait a minute and then u can have a lukewarm shower...

I was finding myself  showering 3 times a day and most were lukewarm ones........that's what you want anyway...

If hot at start,just wait a bit  ....it won't stay hot long........probably never cold but!

Thanks but I prefer cold ones.

Vincent Law

Sometimes in the morning the water comes thru hot but just hold nozzle and wait a minute and then u can have a lukewarm shower...

I was finding myself  showering 3 times a day and most were lukewarm ones........that's what you want anyway...

If hot at start,just wait a bit  ....it won't stay hot long........probably never cold but!

I had guessed the water is hot sometimes because most places have water storage tanks on the roof from the days when Pattaya had water shortages (do shortages still happen?). Pretty much all places put a tank on the roof and the water supply runs up to the tank and then down. I always presumed the sun warmed up the water or perhaps the water lines were exposed to the sun. Just a guess, is that correct? At any rate I found if I ran the water for a minute of two the water was something less that luke warm. But I guess luke warm is in the eye (body) of the beholder. Water in Pattaya never gets anywhere near as cold as it does here where we have a real winter and deeply buried water lines. Which is good when you are using the bum hose in Pattaya. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by RockyMtnJay

I had guessed the water is hot sometimes because most places have water storage tanks on the roof from the days when Pattaya had water shortages (do shortages still happen?). Pretty much all places put a tank on the roof and the water supply runs up to the tank and then down. I always presumed the sun warmed up the water or perhaps the water lines were exposed to the sun. Just a guess, is that correct? At any rate I found if I ran the water for a minute of two the water was something less that luke warm. But I guess luke warm is in the eye (body) of the beholder. Water in Pattaya never gets anywhere near as cold as it does here where we have a real winter and deeply buried water lines. Which is good when you are using the bum hose in Pattaya. :GoldenSmile1:

I think its mostly budget hotels and guest houses that have this problem.

Vincent Law

Just completed a stay at the Chow Soy Guesthouse.  I had a "big room", complete with computer.  I had no problems at all and highly recommend. 

It's hard to beat the price.  I arrived at 3:00 am and Dave had staff there waiting for me. Housekeeping was always done no matter what time I woke up, as long as I changed the door knob placard (not sure what else to call it). 

Hot water was no problem, in fact I had to turn it down as sometimes it was too hot; water pressure was fine too. 

I never noticed any noise, but was out quite late most nights. 

The mattress wasn't the best, but I had no problem sleeping. 

When I checked out I had forgotten the three nights deposit I had made.  Thanks for reminding me Dave. 

Okay everything straightened out with Dave who replies to his messages.  Regarding the Chow Soy you will be hard pressed to beat the value for the rooms.  The rooms are large but with a small price tag and contain big screen tv's and offer good insulation for your night time activities.  You may get some street noise but luckily the Triangle bar gets good bands.  One final note the food in the restaurant is excellent.  

One final note Dave I sent you private p.m. rather than stating any problems I have had on this board and I hope you appreciate this fact. 

"As for Losworld will be nice to meet him when he comes and tells me what my problems are. Sounds more like some one who wants to find a problem before they even try the place." 

Dave I have rented 8 nites thus far in your place.  If you want to meet any time simply come knock on the door lol.

Would I rent again at Chow Soy?  If within this budget price yes I would. 

Edited by losworld

Just completed a stay at the Chow Soy Guesthouse.  I had a "big room", complete with computer.  I had no problems at all and highly recommend. 

It's hard to beat the price.  I arrived at 3:00 am and Dave had staff there waiting for me. Housekeeping was always done no matter what time I woke up, as long as I changed the door knob placard (not sure what else to call it). 

Hot water was no problem, in fact I had to turn it down as sometimes it was too hot; water pressure was fine too. 

I never noticed any noise, but was out quite late most nights. 

The mattress wasn't the best, but I had no problem sleeping. 

When I checked out I had forgotten the three nights deposit I had made.  Thanks for reminding me Dave. 

Hi Wedge!

Thought i might see you in Bangkok and bought you a beer lol. 

Thanks for kind remarks

Regards

DaveS

Okay everything straightened out with Dave who replies to his messages.  Regarding the Chow Soy you will be hard pressed to beat the value for the rooms.  The rooms are large but with a small price tag and contain big screen tv's and offer good insulation for your night time activities.  You may get some street noise but luckily the Triangle bar gets good bands.  One final note the food in the restaurant is excellent.  

One final note Dave I sent you private p.m. rather than stating any problems I have had on this board and I hope you appreciate this fact. 

"As for Losworld will be nice to meet him when he comes and tells me what my problems are. Sounds more like some one who wants to find a problem before they even try the place." 

Dave I have rented 8 nites thus far in your place.  If you want to meet any time simply come knock on the door lol.

Would I rent again at Chow Soy?  If within this budget price yes I would. 

Hi Mark!

I got your PM mate....been in Bangkok for a few days.

When I read the initial thread I did not have a booking under Losworld as it was a Walk inn booking and I thought you were a future booking.

All good my friend I hope we can have a beer next time lol.

Regards

DaveS

• 4 weeks later...

Cant find any Chow Soy homepage. How do I book a room?

Dont think they have one,got to contact the boss directly.Maybe send a PM to him,he has a post just above yours.

[email protected]

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

Hi Knatte!

Just send me a PM regarding your dates.

Regards

DaveS

Hi Knatte!

Just send me a PM regarding your dates.

Regards

DaveS

Hi DaveS, 

Message sent!

/Knatte

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave!

I plan to be in town August 12 - 28.  Is room 2 available for those dates?

• 4 weeks later...

Highly recommended from someone who has been there a few times previously. Keep up the good work dave

Highly recommended from someone who has been there a few times previously. Keep up the good work dave

Thanks Irish

Regards

DaveS

The last time I used Bell Travel Service the Chow Soy was not on their listing however Canterbury Tales is on the listing an only about 10 feet away (on the opposite side of the street).

Cheers

H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5555555555... A Djerman saying "Cheers" :WinkGrin1: ! Arent You supposed to say " Actung Granat!!!"

Sorry  :GoldenSmile1:

Hi is there an option of having a COLD shower in your guest house? I don't mean warm but COLD shower.

Thanks. On my recent trip i had this problem with guesthouses in Patt. There was no option to have a cool cold shower. The water was either warm or hot!

No! Thats very strange since it is only 3o degrees C outside:-)!

5555555555... A Djerman saying "Cheers" :WinkGrin1: ! Arent You supposed to say " Actung Granat!!!"

Sorry :GoldenSmile1:

Sorry if me being German and using an English ending to my post offended you, I can use typical German endings/greeting in future, not too sure that many will understand but it is a new option and will provide translations :-)

Hope you enjoy your trip and stay at the Chow Soy if that is we're you have decided on.

Alles Gute! (all the best)

H

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry if me being German and using an English ending to my post offended you, I can use typical German endings/greeting in future, not too sure that many will understand but it is a new option and will provide translations :-)

Hope you enjoy your trip and stay at the Chow Soy if that is we're you have decided on.

Alles Gute! (all the best)

H

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All good my brother of Pattaya! Just fucking around:-)! And give it all in the WC! I have Germany for winners!

All good my brother of Pattaya! Just fucking around:-)! And give it all in the WC! I have Germany for winners!

Hahaha

You may have chosen poorly, but let's see what they can come up with in today's match.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dave!

I plan to be in town August 12 - 28.  Is room 2 available for those dates?

Could be - but leave it for now! Because I am in room 2 right now :-)!