IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

Real Madrid today announce that Di Maria has handed in a transfer request. Could he come to Utd? Without CL football can we still attract the world stars? Are the Glaziers prepared to pay £50 mil for 1 player? I don't know, with the transfer window shutting soon I guess we'll soon find out.

I,m not mad about him, hoping United won't buy him, I rather a Dutch or German footballer to come in, was bit surprised that Van Gaal has not brought in his World Cup stars . I think he is disappointed with Shaw signings, Rojo was Van Gaal first purchase . I don't think we need a player like Di Maria , nothing wrong with the front or the midfield , it is the defence they should be concerned about . Rojo was a correct buy, need a player at the central defence , must be strong and ruthless like Vidjic ..

. I don't think we need a player like Di Maria , nothing wrong with the front or the midfield , 

Oh i think they are miles off Jocky and need signings badly. What Utd players would get into Chelsea or Man City's first 11 ?  Possibly Rooney, That's about it.

Stevie

He wasn't on any of the shopping lists I saw Jocky .Tim Vickery the south American expert said that he couldn't believe this guy was going to be a United player although he did accept that he had a good world cup

All about opinions Jocky, I think Di Maria is a world class player & a massive improvement on the current wingers. Having said that the last big money Argentine we signed was Veron & what a massive disappointment he was.

All about opinions Jocky, I think Di Maria is a world class player & a massive improvement on the current wingers. Having said that the last big money Argentine we signed was Veron & what a massive disappointment he was.

Tevez was the last one. 

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

The thing I liked about Tevez was no matter what was going on off the pitch he never gave less than 100% when he was on it.

Tevez was the last one. 

The thing I liked about Tevez was no matter what was going on off the pitch he never gave less than 100% when he was on it.

Well, lets just see how many South American's have made it really big in the EPL, can't recall anyone setting the stage on fire. Oscar has been good but not brilliant. Somehow they seem to thrive better in the La Liga or the Serie A.

................................................................................................................

Well, lets just see how many South American's have made it really big in the EPL, can't recall anyone setting the stage on fire. Oscar has been good but not brilliant. Somehow they seem to thrive better in the La Liga or the Serie A.

Suarez ?

Stevie

Reports tonight that Herrera has been injured in training & is expected to be out for 6 weeks.

Oh i think they are miles off Jocky and need signings badly. What Utd players would get into Chelsea or Man City's first 11 ?  Possibly Rooney, That's about it.

I'm going to  add to this that LVG could possibly get it right but it isn't going to be this year. Man U are going through a transitional period and it may take a year or 2 to challenging for the league again.

Also,  the big void that Fergie left is still evident.   

Stevie

Tevez was the last one.

I forgot all about Tevez, loved Gabriel Heinz though, full bloodied brave defender the likes of which we could do with now. Went off him when he tried to force a move to Liverpool though, loved the fact that SAF was having none if that & refused to let him join them.

I'm going to  add to this that LVG could possibly get it right but it isn't going to be this year. Man U are going through a transitional period and it may take a year or 2 to challenging for the league again.

Also,  the big void that Fergie left is still evident.

TRANSITIONAL! The soundbite of the David Moyes era, he must have used that word in every pre game press conference.

TRANSITIONAL! The soundbite of the David Moyes era, he must have used that word in every pre game press conference.

So what would you call it?     

Stevie

Your right this is a transitional period for the club, but under Moyes It was less transitional & more disastrous.

Tevez was the last one.

[/

He was only on loan

Suarez ?

yeah Suarez & Aguero as well, missed them :(

................................................................................................................

Suarez, Aguero, Ramires, Zabaleta just to name a few.

Their first option is always a club in the Primera though.

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Heinze wasn't allowed to go to Liverpool and rumour has it Welbeck wont be allowed to go to a rival,so Stoke, Swansea and Spurs have got no chance of signing him. {couldn't resist that one}. I hope all the other clubs don't start doing this, he is an England forward and should be allowed to go where he wants to if United don't want him. Good job Wenger didn't think like that with Van Percy isn't it boys.

Edited by meaty

Done deal! (Almost) clubs agree a fee of £63.9 mil for Di Maria. He's due at OT early tomorrow afternoon for a medical. Finally a truly world class signing, IMHO this guy is going to be an absolute superstar at Utd.

Done deal! (Almost) clubs agree a fee of £63.9 mil for Di Maria. He's due at OT early tomorrow afternoon for a medical. Finally a truly world class signing, IMHO this guy is going to be an absolute superstar at Utd.

Second that, he has got all the attributes, specially pace which currently is lacking in Man U.

I fear that £63 million for Di Maria is way off the mark . I don't remember seeing him playing great in the World Cup or In Liga League.

I fear that £63 million for Di Maria is way off the mark . I don't remember seeing him playing great in the World Cup or In Liga League.

JK, before being injured he was probably the best player for Argentina in the WC, he has got the most number of assists in the La Liga. Ronaldo & Co petitioned Real management to not let Di Maria go. The price may be exorbitant, but with 10 days to go before the window closes, I guess it is what it is.

if utd don,t pick up at least 6 points from the next 4 games,i predict they will be in a relegation struggle.