IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

if utd don,t pick up at least 6 points from the next 4 games,i predict they will be in a relegation struggle.

A bit presumptuous, isn't it. Have you seen the level of Burnley & QPR. 

................................................................................................................

After only 2 games the fans are turning on LVG

Of course. Only if they challenge Liverpool to the wire for the title like last May , City Jersey is on me .. :)

image.jpg

Man U spent over £70 million on players on the close season. Where are they?  I don't think even one played on Sunday.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

A couple are injured and Mr Rojo hasn't got a work permit yet, he might not need one if he gets jailed for assaulting his neighbour with a bottle.

I love the EPL very much. Much more then my own laughable dutch eredivision in the Netherlands.

But 1 thing is so annoying about the EPL and British media and also alot of their fans.

They expect INSTANT results.

They let many of their good youth rot on the bench,while they go out and buy someone with some experience for a ridiculous amount of money, put him on the field, and expect instant results.

A new manager comes in. Changes the whole formula ManU was working with. And people expect INSTANT results.

This Manchester team is not even close to finished. Why do people expect miracles. Its going to take atleast another 3/4 months untill Manchester can get back into the flow.

Unfortunately for LVG, i dont think Manchester has that kind of time. For whatever reason that may be.

You can put 11 superstars on the field. But if they cant work as a team you dont have anything really.

Because of the intense hate and rivalry between fans and clubs, and the pressure to stay in the prem, there is no time for transition, 4 months to sort out your team and you're out of the title race, or looking at a relegation fight.

I am feeling a lot better with a Liverpool loss tonight. :GoldenSmile1:

I am feeling a lot better with a Liverpool loss tonight. :GoldenSmile1:

well its pretty much all your gonna get this season.

Because of the intense hate and rivalry between fans and clubs, and the pressure to stay in the prem, there is no time for transition, 4 months to sort out your team and you're out of the title race, or looking at a relegation fight.

You raise a good point. But how good is it to keep switching trainers and players everytime someone loses a few games.

This will only bring you into a vicious cycle, never really improving

Would it not be better to sacrifice 1 season? And then come back with a vengeance.

At least that is how i look at things.

You raise a good point. But how good is it to keep switching trainers and players everytime someone loses a few games.

Would it not be better to sacrifice 1 season? And then come back with a vengeance.

LVG is in no danger of being shown the door, I think Man U management realize that last year they bungled up & played a mediocre team throughout the season. Even this season I don't think they planned the transfer activity very well, but now somehow trying to come up trumps with late major signings. 

• Like 2

................................................................................................................

United have lost their bragging rights,we need to re-build and start winning quick or we will be in a relagation fight.

I bet on the draw against Sunderland on Sunday,that's how bad I think they are,feckin frustrating watching them. :Disease1:

. For man u to sacrifice a season, they would probably finish mid table, which would mean another season out of the champions league, for a lot of other teams it would mean relegation, and that would be a disaster, because of the loss of revenue.

bet van gaals contract is solid,they wont be  sacking him if they miss out on champions league place,if they do be a lot more than 10 mill.theyve got a guy in charge who wont be pushed arround, interesting times ahead for man u.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

if there is no champions league for them next season attracting quality players will be tough i think they will end up mid table ..but for man utd fans brought up on success year after year this is going to be a long couple of years ..........

Hey Lhasa being a Dutchman you'll probably know about Daley Blind is he any good? He's strongly linked to be the next signing after Di Maria, reports say he's going to cost £18 mil. Seems a lot for what the papers are describing as a utility player.

In my honest opinion. He is the 'single' best defender we have playing in the Dutch eredivision.

BUT....

Being excellent in the Dutch competition does not guarantee being excellent in the Premier league. Its a whole different game out there, where standards are significantly higher.

But then again. He showed excellent performance in the World Cup which shows he can handle the big boys.

I think Daley Blind is better then any of the defenders you have right now at United. If United picks him up, i think they are going to be very pleased by his performance.

In my honest opinion. He is the 'single' best defender we have playing in the Dutch eredivision.

BUT....

Being excellent in the Dutch competition does not guarantee being excellent in the Premier league. Its a whole different game out there, where standards are significantly higher.

But then again. He showed excellent performance in the World Cup which shows he can handle the big boys.

I think Daley Blind is better then any of the defenders you have right now at United. If United picks him up, i think they are going to be very pleased by his performance.

also he has good genes, his brother Danny (I believe) was one of the best defenders in Europe, have seen Danny play in one of the best Ajax teams.

Danny Blind is his father. And yes, he was one of the better defenders of the world in his time.

Danny Blind is his father. And yes, he was one of the better defenders of the world in his time.

Father, right, did he also play for Milan Lhasa?

No just for Ajax. Danny never played for a team outside the Netherlands.

But Ajax were still one of the top dogs of the world back then. He won the Champions league with Ajax in 95 or 96.

Edited by Lhasa

They won it in 94/95 season and were runners up in 95/96 and LVG was the manager, that was an excellent team

United had signed Di Maria today , I am not excited over this . He will be like a Torres/Carroll disaster signings . Can't believe United fork out that silly money . He could have bought four players out of this . Liverpool bought a bargain of £16 m for a player who scored big goals , even if Balotelli is not right for Liverpool , they can get their money back easy but not Di Maria £63 m.

United had signed Di Maria today , I am not excited over this . He will be like a Torres/Carroll disaster signings . Can't believe United fork out that silly money . He could have bought four players out of this . Liverpool bought a bargain of £16 m for a player who scored big goals , even if Balotelli is not right for Liverpool , they can get their money back easy but not Di Maria £63 m.

In a years time when Di Maria has lit up the PL & is by far our best player I'm going to quote this back to you JK. This guy is the business, just wait & see.

No just for Ajax. Danny never played for a team outside the Netherlands.

But Ajax were still one of the top dogs of the world back then. He won the Champions league with Ajax in 95 or 96.

They won it in 94/95 season and were runners up in 95/96 and LVG was the manager, that was an excellent team

Think they defeated Milan in the final & lost to Juve in the subsequent year, there was also another player who I loved to watch in that team called Jari Litmannen, probably Finnish.

In a years time when Di Maria has lit up the PL & is by far our best player I'm going to quote this back to you JK. This guy is the business, just wait & see.

Selling a Marquee player like Suarez & Bale & then buying several bits & pieces players may not always yield positive results.