Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Indian Restaurant in Pattaya

I will be visit Pattaya in October and was wondering if anybody can reccomened a good Indian restaurant....

Cheers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eat Well, Soi Buckhao. It's not solely an Indian eatery but an Indian (or Pakistani or similar) chef cooks the Indian menu. Best value in town for price and quality.

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

The Golden Chimney near the junction of south pattaya road and 3rd road, coming from the sukimvite it's on your right 50 meter before the lights at 3rd and south, best Indian I've had hear for ages

It's a bit dearer than eat well and tika centre, maybe another 100฿ per meal, but well worth the extra

Eat Well for Indian Food ...... LoL

Vindaloo on the left, Porridge Korma on the right.

EW.jpg

Eat Well for Indian Food ...... LoL

Vindaloo on the left, Porridge Korma on the right.

attachicon.gifEW.jpg

LOL that doesn't look too nice!

Not tried the Golden Chimney, 

It's a bit dearer than eat well and tika centre, maybe another 100฿ per meal, but well worth the extra

not heard of it in fact but you will be hard pressed to find better food than the Tikka centre, all being the restaurant itself is basic

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Try the Indian next to Simon Beer Bar complex on 2nd road. Opposite Tiffany cabaret show. The décor is nothing flash but the food is amazing. About 800bht for 2.

not heard of it in fact but you will be hard pressed to find better food than the Tikka centre, all being the restaurant itself is basic

i went to tikka center last night after reading your recommendation and already having plans to goto LK Metro..... tikka wasnt "bad" food.... but it wasnt great either.... mediocre really..... id rank it the lowest of all the indian places ive eaten in pattaya so far..... that doesnt mean its bad, just the other places were better. i order the same thing everytime at all indian restaurants so it makes it easy to compare them.

also, only half the tables were occupied but our meal also took an unusually long amount of time to arrive.

the only good thing about tikka was the price.... definitely the cheapest indian place ive eaten at so far.

if i was hungry for indian and already on LK Metro again, i would probably stop there.... but i definitely wouldnt make a trip just to goto tikka, not worth it.

as for the other places ive eaten.... heres some info

New Bombay Palace on Walking Street (near beginning of WS, east side, across from beer bar complex)

the food tasted excellent, decor is nicer than average, and service was prompt.... id like to eat here again to see if the quality is consistent.... but keep in mind the price was noticeably higher than other indian places (280 for my regular dish, vs 200ish average at others).... but if youre already on WS, this is convenient and good quality.

Kohinoor restaurant (on 2nd roud, just south of Walking Street area, about 200m south of soi arab, west side across from The Vault hotel)

this is the place i usually get my take-away indian from as its closest to me.

so far have never had a bad meal there.... not the best, but its always been good enough to warrant going back again... average prices, fairly big seating area, decent decor, can sit inside or outside

during the day/evening they have some sort of buffet arrangement for your table where you can get all-you-can-eat for certain items on order..... im not sure exactly how it works as i always get takeaway.

Punjabi Tadka.... little hole in the wall on east side of 2nd rd, just south of Walking Street area, about 100m south of soi arab, just north of Camelot hotel. its a rather bland ugly place.

the only reason i goto this place is because its open REALLY late... ive eaten there at 430am several times after closing out sapphire.... actually gerry from sapphire is the one who took me there.

the food is pretty good, but id say slightly below Kohinoor on average.... i only go there when everything else is closed.... last time the staff tried to add an extra appetizer onto my takeaway order, had to have them remove it. also their takeaway prices are 20% higher than the eat-in price.... not sure why, but rather odd.

Tikka Center.... as i said in the post above.... this is ranked lowest of the indian food ive had in patts so far.... it was not bad... the other places were just better and more flavorful. .... definitely the cheapest though.

looking forward to trying the Golden Chimney sometime this week.... it looks really nice on the website, i hope the food matches the appearance.

The best Indian food I have found in Patts is at the Bengali Kitchen,  located on Pattaya Klang around 100 yards from the beach..

Been to Spices on Beach Road right at entrance to Baywalk Residence hotel several times, always good.

Originally recommended by my tailor.

The Golden Chimney near the junction of south pattaya road and 3rd road, coming from the sukimvite it's on your right 50 meter before the lights at 3rd and south, best Indian I've had hear for ages

went there last night... WOW... definitely the best indian ive had in thailand, and a fantastic quality restaurant as well.... blows away all the other places ive been to so far, and not much more expensive at all.

starting a new thread for it here 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/224290-golden-chimney-excellent-indian-food-top-quality-service/

• 2 weeks later...

Fishermans out by the Lake, best in Thailand

don't know if it's the best in Thailand, but it's certainly very very good. Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

golden chimney,now closed, for sale.shame it was very good ,but in the wrong place.

Just to mention, Spices 2, which was located at 3rd road, last year, reopens at Soi Yumei close to Lukdod these days.

At 3rd road, I always enjoyed the 199 THB buffet, even if the interior was not inviting, more like a canteen.

However, food was delicious. Hope that they will offer this at the new place as well.

Indian by Nature along Thappraya Road almost as you get to Jomtien on the left hand side................ without doubt the nicest and freshest food I have had in the 3 years I have lived out here. Done most of the recommendations above and all much alike, but Indian by Nature is a different class!

tried almost all except tikka center ,nothing worthwhile,nowhere close to authentic Indian food. always go for Thai/western stuff ,much better,cheaper and easily available.royal India and Mrs balbeers in bkk are must visits when in bkk.

i love pattaya

tried almost all except tikka center

dont bother, its a waste of time

Thanks for the info - I'll have to try one on my next visit - I enjoy a good Indian meal from time to time.

In Bangkok I like Bombay Blues. There's one in Thonglor, but the one on Rambutri Road is better for the funk factor.

tried almost all except tikka center ,nothing worthwhile,nowhere close to authentic Indian food. always go for Thai/western stuff ,much better,cheaper and easily available.royal India and Mrs balbeers in bkk are must visits when in bkk.

Hi Ramble,

Have you tried Indian By Nature, Jomtien, really is a class act?

Archived