IGNORED

Golden Chimney - excellent indian food, top quality service

The Selfie Warrior

Been spending time with a fellow BM on holiday the past week or so that really likes indian food, so we've been trying several different places all week..... and after trying Golden Chimney last night I felt compelled to start a new topic because our experience there was so good.

http://www.goldenchimney.com/

Located on Pattaya Tai, north side of the road, east of 3rd rd, and just west of the Shell gas station.

Q6Cs3Bp.jpg

We arrived around 10pm and were afraid they might be closed due to no customers inside, but the staff came and gave us a hearty welcome and brought us in.

Restaurant - the place itself is very nice, upscale decor, much nicer than most other restaurants in pattaya... clean, spacious, with proper table settings etc

clean large bathrooms too, with quality decor.... this alone sets it apart from most restaurants in pattaya 555

IMG_2158.jpg

Service - top quality service, mix of thai and indian staff.... all sorts of little things they did to provide a good experience.

staff pulling out our chairs when arriving at our table

providing complimentary Papadum crispy flatbread while we looked over the menu (which they refilled twice)

when i ordered a whiskey and soda, they brought the whiskey on ice, and also a full can of soda, so i could mix my drink to my own taste.... more restaurants should do this!

appetizers were actually brought out as appetizers BEFORE the main course..... so many restaurants in thailand do this wrong, and bring everything out together, or just whenever the cook finished it..... but here they brought all our appetizers first, and then all our main courses came later.

Food - best indian ive had in thailand by far..... the other places ive eaten at so far include New Bombay Palace, Tikka Center, Kohinoor, and Punjabi Tadka, and a couple others i cannot remember the names..... Golden Chimney blows them away.

all the food tasted very fresh and well prepared.... the mutton samosa (which ive had at every place ive eaten) were absolutely delicious here.... fried just right, not too crispy or overdone, and the filling inside was much tastier. we shared a variety of dishes and both agreed that each we tried was better than the other restaurants we had been so far.

the naan's were very large! the dishes we had with chicken were very tender and juicy.... not overcooked or dry.... the lamb was also very savory.

pic_10.jpg

pic_03.jpgpic_13.jpg

Cons - not much bad to say

the service guy did mix up one item on our order, but what they brought was so tasty we didnt bother switching it

one very humorous thing i noticed..... in the hallway to the toilets there are several framed photos on the wall, all featuring native americans 55555..... i have a feeling the thai interior designer who decorated the building just ordered several portraits of indians from the internet, without taking the time to realize the difference between real indians and native american "indians"... TiT... i had a great laugh at that

Other info

FREE delivery!

the manager came over and gave us a 20% VIP discount card for next time we eat in the restaurant (not valid for delivery orders)

this brings their prices down to the range of the cheapest indian restaurants around, while offering superior food and service.

Overall.... as you can guess from the review, this place treated us fantastically and the food was great.... this is now one of my favorite restaurants in pattaya.

PRnA4Db.jpg

Thanks for the info mate,will try next time when in pattaya.

Is this a new place as I have never seen it before,i have stayed in soi kho pai which is off pattaya tai a few times on my previous visits but never seen this place.

Looks very good.  I think a must try for me in a couple of weeks.  I'll try and go a little earlier for more ambiance 55 

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Thank for the review RW.

The pics of the food look really good, but everything you listed under service is what's impressive, you don't find attention to detail like that in many places in Thailand no matter what industry. I'll definitely be paying a visit.

Good report and will give it a try, looks good.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Why is this place always empty?

Since its opened, it is always empty, i drive/walk past about 5 times per day and never seen any customers- morning, afternoon or night.

Staff usually sits around the front bar, looking really bored and playing with their phones

food looks very tasty but can u give some price information?

Been spending time with a fellow BM on holiday the past week or so that really likes indian food, so we've been trying several different places all week..... and after trying Golden Chimney last night I felt compelled to start a new topic because our experience there was so good.

Located on Pattaya Tai, north side of the road, east of 3rd rd, and just west of the Shell gas station.

Q6Cs3Bp.jpg

We arrived around 10pm and were afraid they might be closed due to no customers inside, but the staff came and gave us a hearty welcome and brought us in.

Restaurant - the place itself is very nice, upscale decor, much nicer than most other restaurants in pattaya... clean, spacious, with proper table settings etc

clean large bathrooms too, with quality decor.... this alone sets it apart from most restaurants in pattaya 555

IMG_2158.jpg

Service - top quality service, mix of thai and indian staff.... all sorts of little things they did to provide a good experience.

providing complimentary Papadum crispy flatbread while we looked over the menu (which they refilled twice)

when i ordered a whiskey and soda, they brought the whiskey on ice, and also a full can of soda, so i could mix my drink to my own taste.... more restaurants should do this!

appetizers were actually brought out as appetizers BEFORE the main course..... so many restaurants in thailand do this wrong, and bring everything out together, or just whenever the cook finished it..... but here they brought all our appetizers first, and then all our main courses came later.

Food - best indian ive had in thailand by far..... the other places ive eaten at so far include New Bombay Palace, Tikka Center, Kohinoor, and Punjabi Tadka, and a couple others i cannot remember the names..... Golden Chimney blows them away.

all the food tasted very fresh and well prepared.... the mutton samosa (which ive had at every place ive eaten) were absolutely delicious here.... fried just right, not too crispy or overdone, and the filling inside was much tastier. we shared a variety of dishes and both agreed that each we tried was better than the other restaurants we had been so far.

the naan's were very large! the dishes we had with chicken were very tender and juicy.... not overcooked or dry.... the lamb was also very savory.

pic_10.jpg

pic_03.jpgpic_13.jpg

the service guy did mix up one item on our order, but what they brought was so tasty we didnt bother switching it

one very humorous thing i noticed..... in the hallway to the toilets there are several framed photos on the wall, all featuring native americans 55555..... i have a feeling the thai interior designer who decorated the building just ordered several portraits of indians from the internet, without taking the time to realize the difference between real indians and native american "indians"... TiT... i had a great laugh at that

Other info

FREE delivery!

the manager came over and gave us a 20% VIP discount card for next time we eat in the restaurant (not valid for delivery orders)

this brings their prices down to the range of the cheapest indian restaurants around, while offering superior food and service.

Overall.... as you can guess from the review, this place treated us fantastically and the food was great.... this is now one of my favorite restaurants in pattaya.

PRnA4Db.jpg

The place used to be a Norwegian owned steak restaurant, El Paso, not very successful.

Since its opened, it is always empty, i drive/walk past about 5 times per day and never seen any customers- morning, afternoon or night.

Staff usually sits around the front bar, looking really bored and playing with their phones

It is perhaps empty because it is too big, same same with El Paso before.

horrible location.... no one knows its there!

its not in an area where it will get any foot traffic from potential customers.... lets face it, most thais dont eat indian food, so the majority of customers that are going to populate an indian restaurant are indians and westerners.... but the majority of their potential customers are walking around in the tourists areas, not way down pattaya tai.

if this place was located better, say on Walking Street or near LK Metro, im sure it would be full all the time with this quality of food and service.

it will be a damn shame if this place closes, i hope this review helps get them some more business

yep, prices right on their online menu.... and then if you dine in, you can get 20% off with the VIP card, which they gave us for free.

but everything you listed under service is what's impressive, you don't find attention to detail like that in many places in Thailand

agreed.... that is why i took the time to write a full review.... we were really impressed with how they treated us

My only problem with restaurants that are not busy is:

How fresh can the food be if they are not constantly buying new product?

i think it actually worked in our favor, because everything came out very fresh.... it did not come out very quickly, so i attributed that to most likely them preparing everything fresh.... i could be wrong, but it sure tasted great regardless

My only problem with restaurants that are not busy is:

How fresh can the food be if they are not constantly buying new product?

Many of my friends are chefs, and I know that they are always aware of ballpark figures for stock rotation and will put specials menus on to take care of items that are lagging behind. I can't see this kind of professionalism being commonplace in Pattaya if I'm honest.

I definitely have the same worries but we'd never eat a whole lot here if we're always so paranoid, just got to put it out of your mind so long as a place looks clean.

i think it actually worked in our favor, because everything came out very fresh.... it did not come out very quickly, so i attributed that to most likely them preparing everything fresh.... i could be wrong, but it sure tasted great regardless

Next I am in PAT ( when ever that is) I am gona get hold of you and drag you down to this restaurant .... Make you eat greasy meal of 5000 Cal ... Lol .,

I heard good thing about this place but it's too far of just for a meal ....... Now I do like Bruno's but that's not only for food but good wine too . Next shall make it point to visit GC .

Next I am in PAT ( when ever that is) I am gona get hold of you and drag you down to this restaurant .... Make you eat greasy meal of 5000 Cal ... Lol .,

I heard good thing about this place but it's too far of just for a meal ....... Now I do like Bruno's but that's not only for food but good wine too . Next shall make it point to visit GC .

haha... sounds like a plan!

Q6Cs3Bp.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

pic_10.jpg

pic_03.jpgpic_13.jpg

Other info

FREE delivery!

PRnA4Db.jpg

The pictures of the “indians” you have seen on the way to the toilets are probably a leftover from the El Paso era.

When it was still El Paso, there was also a huge black-and-white poster at the wall, which apparently showed a panoramic view of some kind of a highway at El Paso (Texas) near the Mexican border.

Not many tourists venture past Third Road.

ordered their free delivery tonight because im taking a night off of boozing and girls

took a few tries to get the directions across to them, and phone got interrupted by their fax machine twice (not sure why its on their same line!)

food arrived in about 30 mins, everything arrived nicely packaged, still warm and fresh, with plastic silverware and napkins etc (so many places forget that!) and everything tasted excellent... they even included an extra samosa (usually an order includes 2, they gave me 3, no extra charge).

The pictures of the “indians” you have seen on the way to the toilets are probably a leftover from the El Paso era.
When it was still El Paso, there was also a huge black-and-white poster at the wall, which apparently showed a panoramic view of some kind of a highway at El Paso (Texas) near the Mexican border.

ahhhhh well that finally makes sense of it!

ordered their free delivery tonight because im taking a night off of boozing and girls

took a few tries to get the directions across to them, and phone got interrupted by their fax machine twice (not sure why its on their same line!)

food arrived in about 30 mins, everything arrived nicely packaged, still warm and fresh, with plastic silverware and napkins etc (so many places forget that!) and everything tasted excellent... they even included an extra samosa (usually an order includes 2, they gave me 3, no extra charge).

ahhhhh well that finally makes sense of it!

I like the “plastic silverware”.

Thank u for the review! I don't go to Thailand to find a Russian girl. But if a sexy Russian comes my way great. Same with Indian food. I don't look for it but yes I miss it once per week. Will try it next time I am there. Thanks.

Archived