IGNORED

Best Indian Restaurant in Pattaya

The Golden Chimney near the junction of south pattaya road and 3rd road, coming from the sukimvite it's on your right 50 meter before the lights at 3rd and south, best Indian I've had hear for ages

Golden Chimney on Pattayatai is closed and for sale.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spices on the entry of bay walk residence, Royal plaza, is the best and i am a regular for them. visit at least thrice a year since last three years...and 70% i eat out at Spices... genuine Indian Cuisine 

• 4 weeks later...

Defo gonna try that. At the risk of sounding crude, an Indian guy recommending an Indian food place as genuine and going back there a lot is a good pointer :)

a bit of a curve ball .. but the best indian i had this trip was in .. robins nest!    I normally go to tika centre but their air con was broken and it gets hot enough in there with it on!   I had the chicken vindaloo in robins nest , not so cheap but pretty damn good!   went back in two more nights and had the madras and another vindaloo!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Amazing! Though I've never used it myself I was always led to believe that Ali Baba on Pattaya Klang near B/R was one of the best Indian restaurants. Can't believe no one has mentioned it   :Think1:

spices on the entry of bay walk residence, Royal plaza, is the best and i am a regular for them. visit at least thrice a year since last three years...and 70% i eat out at Spices... genuine Indian Cuisine 

I have eaten there many times, always enjoyed.

On my last trip 1st week of September they were closed and space was vacant.

Amazing! Though I've never used it myself I was always led to believe that Ali Baba on Pattaya Klang near B/R was one of the best Indian restaurants. Can't believe no one has mentioned it   :Think1:

I'm not an expert on Indian food, but been to Ali Ba Ba once and not impressed..........even though someone else paid.

Tried the buffet in the new one opposite Sweethearts - nah.  

Best I've had for a while was the Chicken Madras by Bob Palmer, served at Private Dancer on Wednesday night...........

..............for free!   balloonchasers120.png

I loved the buffet at Spices II for 195 THB on Third Road, but it closed down last year.

Now I saw, that they'll open again on Soi Yumei.

Hi tk, sorry I missed your? anyhow being an Indian and a foody can make out what is good or bad.will try this place on my next shortly.

i love pattaya

There is a good restaurant close to central shopping-centre at Beach road (sorry don't remember name)

You have to walk inside;and upstairs.Can choose to sit inside or outside.

Another one close to Mike Mall also.(Beach Rd)

Have been to these restaurants many times,and always left satisfied :GoldenSmile1: 

Tikka Centre is very good, very similar to Western curry houses.

If you sit on one of the outside tables you can also negotiate with the LB's for some action later.

:GoldenSmile1:

Indian by Nature along Thappraya Road almost as you get to Jomtien on the left hand side................ without doubt the nicest and freshest food I have had in the 3 years I have lived out here. Done most of the recommendations above and all much alike, but Indian by Nature is a different class!

Couldn't agree more...the food is excellent...quality Indian food/ingredients which appeals to European/Western tastes...

I like it as a takeout option...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooray beer!

LOL that doesn't look too nice!

I recently had some Indian food at Eat Well.

I had heard before they have an Indian chef but I didn't bother asking whether he was still there now.

Had the 1/2 "tandoori" chicken which was a very large portion at 150 baht.

It didn't really have the taste or mouth feel of actual cooked in tandoor chicken.

But it wasn't bad. I was hungry for lots of chicken and I had lots of chicken. 

Alloo Gobi curry 100 baht ... more like a Thai curry style than a real Indian curry, kind of gloppy, the flavor was not complex, more like standard yellow powdered curry powder.

Plain nan --- that was quite good and did look and taste of the tandoor.

eatwellchick.jpgaloogobi.jpg

I recently had some Indian food at Eat Well.

I had heard before they have an Indian chef but I didn't bother asking whether he was still there now.

Had the 1/2 "tandoori" chicken which was a very large portion at 150 baht.

It didn't really have the taste or mouth feel of actual cooked in tandoor chicken.

But it wasn't bad. I was hungry for lots of chicken and I had lots of chicken. 

Alloo Gobi curry 100 baht ... more like a Thai curry style than a real Indian curry, kind of gloppy, the flavor was not complex, more like standard yellow powdered curry powder.

Plain nan --- that was quite good and did look and taste of the tandoor.

attachicon.gifeatwellchick.jpgattachicon.gifaloogobi.jpg

Been here a few times myself and loved the Indian food, unfortunately I've heard on the grapevine that the restaurant is closing soon and being turned into another Family Mart.

Yeah, something might be up with that place.

Because the Aloo Gobi seemed like a Thai curry, I decided to try their Thai food.

Looked at the menu and two of the things I wanted to order couldn't be made (no ingredients).

So I walked out. 

Eat well? Oh well!

madras durbar opp central festival,very good mostly south indian,always fairly full with indian people( a good sign) any time of day or night.

ali ba ba, is also very good bit expensive and smaller portions.

i always find most indian restaurants are good in patts, try the arab area many good ones round there

Ive been to Madras Durbar once and I thought it was very good, but you can't honestly say this is the best Indian Food in Pattaya, that is ridiculous. To all these people saying Madaras Durbar is the best indian have they also been to Indian By Nature? The gentleman asked a simple question ... what is the best Indian restaurants in Pattaya, and both Tripadvisor (the masses) and myself (having just dined at Indian By Nature twice in the past fortnight) agree with this. Not everyone is after the cheapest food, some people want the BEST.

Did I also goto Madras Durbar this trip and therefore am I entitled to compare the two? No of course not but I SERIOUSLY doubt it is better. Unless of course you care about 100 baht here or there in which case go for you life.

That's why there are very good website likes Tripadvisor with many reviews from many people across a broad range of budgets, tastes and culture that ... in the end... should give a reasonably balanced opinion. The question should NOT be 'What is the best Indian restaurant in Pattaya' because there is emperical evidence to suggest that is Indian By Nature. The question should be 'Indian By Nature is rated the best Indian Restaurant in Pattaya - Your experiences?'. 

So why dont we start again... what is the BEST Indian Food in Pattaya and without consideration of price and back that up with some credibility and real reviews not just mentions.

By the way Madras Durbar doesnt serve alcohol, so it should hardly be considered even a real restaurant.

Can I suggest that when people post such open ended questions such as 'Best Pizza' in Pattaya or 'Best Indian' in Pattaya that they take once second to think about how naive that is. Do you mean the best in terms of value, the cheapest but still edible, or the best food or a combination of both? How about service? How about location? 

Of course the best is normally almost always also the most expensive. 

Try the tandoori chicken at Ali Baba. The vindaloo curry is very spicy but good. Korma curry is the mild one if you need to stay off the toilet.

My personal favorite is also the Fisherman Indian on the lake as mentioned earlier in this thread,it is very good and by far the best I have ever eaten outside of Bangkok.

You don't have to take my word for it,take a trip out there on the 4th of next month and try it for yourself..."TOTALLY FREE"

Now,this is something you don't see every day in this town,see you there!

post-4087-0-27151800-1411974246.jpg

Archived