IGNORED

Best Indian Restaurant in Pattaya

If you read the thread, its the Guys from Eat Well   :)

I did read it but you know in the restaurant business, things change and sometimes quickly. The food is quite different  between to two places in my experience. Except oddly for one thing. The nan is similar (poor). 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I prefer the little hole in the wall Indian restaurants where you almost never see another Farang. If it's good enough for the Indians, it's probably good enough for me. Usually better prices too.

It is quite amazing how many Indian restaurants there are now in Pattaya.When i first went in 2000 you could count them on 1 hand.There are so many now....probably in line with the increase of subcontinent visitors

It is quite amazing how many Indian restaurants there are now in Pattaya.When i first went in 2000 you could count them on 1 hand.There are so many now....probably in line with the increase of subcontinent visitors

You'd think with there being so many, the prices might be a bit more competitive. Doesn't seem to be the case though, as they are all pretty much the same. I've often wonder how the Indians get visas. With the hoops we have to jump through, I'd expect it is even harder for them. Doesn't seem to bother the peanut vendors though.

Actually, I prefer the little hole in the wall Indian restaurants where you almost never see another Farang. If it's good enough for the Indians, it's probably good enough for me. Usually better prices too.

Most Indian places here have mostly Indian customers.

Places on Soi Buakhow probably don't because Indian tourists don't tend to stay near there.

Some places Indians flock to like to super cheap tour bus buffets are accepted by Indians as a feeding station but that doesn't mean they are very good, because generally they aren't. 

The ones I've gone to have had very few cusomers at all. So far, they have all been good. I wonder how long my luck will hold up.

• 8 months later...

So many really bad Indian restaurants here, and mostly way overpriced for what you get.

I agree that Saras is good, though vegetarian only and so may not suit everyone.

Indian by Nature is the best that I have had here, and also the most expensive. The dishes tend to be quite rich and copious, so probably best to order a couple of things to share with plenty of rice. Their Thalis are very good indeed though at 700+B they should be.

I went to the Fishermans by the lake a year or so ago and I thought it was simply awful and very poor value. Even the rice was bad (very stodgy Jasmine rice, not Basmati at all) and most of the rest was greasy to the point of being inedible. Service was poor too. No intention of going back there unless they get a new chef and drop their prices. There is another Indian place near to there which I want to try though.

Golden Spice Curry off the Naklua Road is another one that I doubt I will hurry back to. The food was made to the same standards as normal Thai food but several times more expensive, and more of that stodgy Thai rice.

Las trip i hane some nice meals in crown of India on second road near Soi 6..

usually only 5 or 600baht

Indian by nature is a class apart tho :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 2 months later...

whats a good one where i can get some chicken madras or yellow chicken curry plus naan for 200ish baht or less? 

been living in asia for 3 years, crossed the 250 girl mark a few weeks ago www.nomadphilippines.com

How I've MADE MONEY ONLINE for the last 10 years: http://nomadphilippines.com/lazy-guide-to-poker-ebook/

26 page noobs guide to Angeles City Ebook: http://nomadphilippines.com/angeles-ebook/

whats a good one where i can get some chicken madras or yellow chicken curry plus naan for 200ish baht or less?

Can't help with Indian but a very good Thai yellow chicken curry is at Yiam restaurant on second road at new plaza, no naan. 58a397d919ac4b00f8e5a67c783445c1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

that does look good...... but no naan is a killer

been living in asia for 3 years, crossed the 250 girl mark a few weeks ago www.nomadphilippines.com

How I've MADE MONEY ONLINE for the last 10 years: http://nomadphilippines.com/lazy-guide-to-poker-ebook/

26 page noobs guide to Angeles City Ebook: http://nomadphilippines.com/angeles-ebook/

The 2 beat I have found are Country favorites, near Lion Bar and Like India near Simons F & C shop in Jomtiem.

Not the best but really really good on soi Arab, been there 30 years and they treat you well

Royal Masala Restaurant. Non-Veg Thali. Extra plain nan and a coke zero 275 baht..

Very good, and those steel bowls are like a Tardis. No dessert as part of the thali.

Will be going there again.

DSC_0936-01.jpeg

• 3 months later...

My Nepalese tailor took me to Alibaba. Super cheesy decor and staff dressed as the 40 thieves. So I was a bit skeptical at first.

The food actually turned out to be pretty tasty. The Naan, Dahl, Samosas and Lamb curry were  all very good.

But I am no expert on Indian cuisine... 

Archived