IGNORED

Best Indian Restaurant in Pattaya

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Great India was recommended to me and tried it today, very impressed, had chicken tika massala pilo rice and plain nan bread 250฿..the sauce was nice and creamy and spicey with it...Go down central road it's next door to the family mart just before you hit beach road, on the left..there are two restaurants next door to each other the one I'm talking about is the one nearer the beach..they also do Thai food for the ladies

I tried Masala yesterday. Not much of a nice ambience, but clean. Ordered way too much food because I thought at these prices the portions must be tiny. When it came out of the kitchen it was way too much and very delicious. Very pleasant experience.

I tried Masala yesterday. Not much of a nice ambience, but clean. Ordered way too much food because I thought at these prices the portions must be tiny. When it came out of the kitchen it was way too much and very delicious. Very pleasant experience.

I'm pleased to see this new place is getting good support  from many diverse nationalities. But one thing I've noticed that is always a good sign, multiple repeat customers of Indian people. Of course no queuing for a table as yet but I have been there a few times when they were basically full. 

BTW, I am not a fan of Ali Babas ... I think the decor is cheesy and they use too much ghee, so tastes are subjective. 

Just returned from Spices Bar and Grill in Soi Yumei, 'Fine Indian Dining', that opened recently.

We were convinced by the good food and good service as well. Since we have been heading to another restaurant originally, we were in casual dress  :WinkGrin1:  and have been taken to the sports bar at the upper floor. 

Prices around 300 THB the main course +10% service charge, what isn't mentioned on the menu (but no additional VAT). The website is still under construction, but you'll find the full menu there. www.spicesbarngrill.com

The doorman mentioned about a pick-up service to get there.

What's the deal with ghee? Am I right in thinking it's more unhealthy than other cooking fats? If so, is it mainly preferred for taste, texture...?

I had the Chicken Tikka at Ali's in Central Festival - it was really good. In fact I went there every second night there it was so good. I am guessing that the other Indian dishes will be good as well.

Sher-e-Punjab on beach road (near Tipp Plaza) is also very good. The dishes are very tasty and full of flavor. I would highly recommend these two establishments.

• 4 weeks later...

quality unknown but it's brand new.

on buakoaw not far from soi diana/lenkee junction near the maleeze hotel and the coins

feb 2 017 (Custom).JPG

feb 2 018 (Custom).JPG

feb 2 019 (Custom).JPG

quality unknown but it's brand new.

on buakoaw not far from soi diana/lenkee junction near the maleeze hotel and the coins

I'm told it's the Indian lads that used to be in Maleez ( Eat Well ). If that's the case then the food is excellent, never had a bad one and I'll be in there again now I know it's up and running.

I'm told it's the Indian lads that used to be in Maleez ( Eat Well ). If that's the case then the food is excellent, never had a bad one and I'll be in there again now I know it's up and running.

Really ?

You ever have the Korma ?

It was so bad, it was laughable.

Really ?

You ever have the Korma ?

It was so bad, it was laughable.

Yep, had the Korma and a couple of other mild things and all have been excellent, the last time we went there were a few of us and we all said how good it was.

I call this part of town "Little India", seems to be quite a few Ma and Pa Indian restaurants catering to the local community!  Anyone eaten here?

post-82617-0-75853100-1422935982_thumb.png

i only take the pics !

And very good pics they are too.

I call this part of town "Little India", seems to be quite a few Ma and Pa Indian restaurants catering to the local community!  Anyone eaten here?

Never tried it but there's always a first time, you could expand the area a bit too as they're everywhere around there.

Yep, had the Korma and a couple of other mild things and all have been excellent, the last time we went there were a few of us and we all said how good it was.

Eat Well for Indian Food ...... LoL

Vindaloo on the left, Porridge Korma on the right.

post-119223-0-22463600-1397957703.jpg

Have to agree with Kessaya here (a rare event!) have been there a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Will certainly be trying the new Buakhao location. Bear in mind I am an uncultured kiwi, but I did eat there with a northern english lad who knows his curries and he also gives it the thumbs up.

Opinions would also be appreciated.

i don't eat indian food other than tandoori style chicken tikka so that leaves me unable to comment

What's the deal with ghee? Am I right in thinking it's more unhealthy than other cooking fats? If so, is it mainly preferred for taste, texture...?

Dairy or vegetable based ghee, an alternative to cooking oil is held in India to be healthier than many cooking oils. Also a flavor that many enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

That looks vile. I have never had a decent Indian ruby in Pattaya so have given up trying to find one.

I thought that also a few years back. I used to try the indian places down around the Arab soi's. never up to standards, to being crap.

Tried a new place when it opened on 2nd Rd. a couple of years back and it's the bollocks.

Things are getting better here with Indian food.

BTW, Eat Well is out of business.

There is now Curry Home nearby. 

Not sure how closely related they are, but I have liked the food at Curry Home a lot more than what I had a few times at Eat Well. 

Things are getting better here with Indian food.

BTW, Eat Well is out of business.

There is now Curry Home nearby. 

Not sure how closely related they are, but I have liked the food at Curry Home a lot more than what I had a few times at Eat Well. 

If you read the thread, its the Guys from Eat Well   :)

Archived