IGNORED

Anybody try Taco House... Soi Baokow...?

17 hours ago, jimboh said:

A friend, whos opinion on food I value, lives on Darkside and speaks positively of this place, he has visited several times.

I plan to visit soon.

As regard Taco Taco, good quality but I find portions small.

16 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

It is very difficult to eat a filling meal at Taco Taco for 300 baht IMO.

I like her food there but as said here overpriced for what you are getting. The Taco house better value and IMO better product

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

5 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

My understanding is that the normal priced tacos are bigger. Also on the regular taco menu you can choose the more authentic choice of soft corn tortillas, which is not an option for Tacos Tuesday tacos. So the Tuesday promotion is largely about getting to try a bunch of different meats.

I had 6 of the Tuesday tacos. They are small and it takes at least 6 to fill me.

Later, I went back for tacos on the regular menu and accidently over ordered! Didn't realize they are much bigger than then Tuesday tacos.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, jiz said:

I had 6 of the Tuesday tacos. They are small and it takes at least 6 to fill me.

Later, I went back for tacos on the regular menu and accidently over ordered! Didn't realize they are much bigger than then Tuesday tacos.

Actually never knew this.

So, all that promotions they do about 'Taco Tuesday' making on you are getting a great deal, when in fact they are fuckin you over.

Ram It !

Edited by Taa_Saparot

14 hours ago, socrates said:

Taco Taco today - I disagree with "you can eat 8/10" - I am a big eater and 6 was plenty if not one too many

51855817_338334450205212_1625499672468520960_n.jpg

Last time I visited Taco Taco on a Tuesday and had the 60 B Taco special.

The Tacos were very small  and I consumed 6 very easily and I am not a big eater .

Maybe the 60B tacos are now larger?

I was actually at Taco Taco yesterday afternoon and was just going through the door and all you could hear was our friends from USA debating loudly about the merits of Trump..

F@ck listening to that crap for 30 minutes so did did not enter .

Edited by Pheat

Man the problems with Mexican food in Pattaya/Thailand never seem to end......We thought Taco Bell would save the day but nooooo it turned out to be Fake-O-Bell.

Sunrise Taco closed Jomten location

Taco Taco is looking like a dud

The Blue Parrot is gone...

Tequila reef mostly sucks

No you can't for 60 baht. Those are flour and they are very small. 
You are indeed correct about soft corn - looking into the size issue... cc99e811958a8c576cf7b4bc7acaf7f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The Tacos were very small  and I consumed 6 very easily and I am not a big eater .
I was actually at Taco Taco yesterday afternoon and was just going through the door and all you could hear was our friends from USA debating loudly about the merits of Trump..

Try going to Bake n Brew and listening to a guy going on about Nixon for 20 minutes - this happened last week....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, socrates said:

Bake n Brew

Yep

Bake n  Brew is another hotspot for American political debate at a high volume 555  

40 minutes ago, Pheat said:

It’s a cult of ignorance. I just wished they all wore a stupid red hat so the rest of us could easily avoid them. 

Edited by jiz

I think the Taco Tuesdays promotion is a good chance to sample a bunch of their different meats cheaply. Then you can order your favorites later from the regular menu. But I also think it's kind of tricky to suggest it's a great deal when the 60 baht tacos don't actually represent their regular tacos. It's their business decision. If it was my business I wouldn't do that. I think better just to offer a promotion price on the regular menu tacos. 

Edited by Kreggerz

10 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I think the Taco Tuesdays promotion is a good chance to try a bunch of different meats cheapy. But I also think it's kind of tricky to suggest it's a great deal when the 60 baht tacos don't actually represent the regular tacos on the menu. It's their business decision. If it was my business I wouldn't do that. I think better just to offer a promotion price on the regular menu tacos. 

60 baht for a small taco is not exactly a bargain...

For a loooooooong time Taco Bell USA use to sell their plain Jane regular tacos for 99 cents or 30 baht....

I think almost every thing is better in Thailand....But the USA blows away Thailand on Mexican food....

Edited by fforest

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

60 baht for a small taco is not exactly a bargain...

For a loooooooong time Taco Bell USA use to sell their plain Jane regular tacos for 99 cents or 30 baht....

I think almost every thing is better in Thailand....But the USA blows away Thailand on Mexican food....

I agree it's not much of a bargain. 

Overall I do like their food though. I usually order burritos or quesadillas. 

Edited by Kreggerz

16 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I think the Taco Tuesdays promotion is a good chance to sample a bunch of their different meats cheaply. 

That is what they are saying, but its clearly not.

43 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I think the Taco Tuesdays promotion is a good chance to sample a bunch of their different meats cheaply. Then you can order your favorites later from the regular menu. But I also think it's kind of tricky to suggest it's a great deal when the 60 baht tacos don't actually represent their regular tacos. It's their business decision. If it was my business I wouldn't do that. I think better just to offer a promotion price on the regular menu tacos. 

So the 60 Baht tacos on Taco Tuesday are definitely much smaller than the normal tacos?

2 minutes ago, Pheat said:

So the 60 Baht tacos on Taco Tuesday are definitely much smaller than the normal tacos?

Yes.

Also it sucks that you can't get the soft corn tortillas that day. The reason is that they're larger so don't fit with the mini tacos.

32 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

That is what they are saying, but its clearly not.

It depends on how you look at it.

I think it's good to go at least one time to Taco Tuesdays if you're a new customer and order most or all of the choices. You would never be able to taste all of their meats otherwise that cheaply. 

Then you can taste them and know what you want to order in future visits in regular menu items.

That's how I see it anyway.

It depends on how you look at it.
I think it's good to go at least one time to Taco Tuesdays if you're a new customer and order most or all of the choices. You would never be able to taste all of their meats otherwise that cheaply. 
Then you can taste them and know what you want to order in future visits in regular menu items.
That's how I see it anyway.
The official answer

2ac6dba4f2b2054a1925226d67077bde.jpg

46 minutes ago, Pheat said:

I'm not so sure about that. I'll definitely ask Elena the next time I go there.

I already got her answer it's above your post

Oh, is that what that meant? So, the tortillas are normally 6" but go down to 5" on tuesday? That doesn't seem fair. I will for sure get in her ear about that, 555

Just now, WhiteThai said:

Oh, is that what that meant? So, the tortillas are normally 6" but go down to 5" on tuesday? That doesn't seem fair. I will for sure get in her ear about that, 555

My prediction - you wont get very far - I think a better solution is a bigger taco less filling - its so packed most falls out anyway (soft version)

My prediction - you wont get very far - I think a better solution is a bigger taco less filling - its so packed most falls out anyway (soft version)

Your probably right, but I'm still going to bitch about it, 555

Having a product on special, should mean your getting the same product for a lower price, but I know TiT. 

What's next, happy hour 50 baht a beer, but the beers are only 7 ounces? :Insanity:

Edited by WhiteThai
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Pheat said:

Agreed and notice the flag. I will honor the apolitical board approach and say no more.