IGNORED

Anybody try Taco House... Soi Baokow...?

Saw a new place on Soi Baokow...

Taco House...

Could not tell as I was zipping by if it was fully open or not... 

Erm, where exactly on Soi Buakao is it?

Where the long standing laundry was, directly over from Sawasdee, and almost next door to Rich Bar.

Where the long standing laundry was, directly over from Sawasdee, and almost next door to Rich Bar.

Thanks copy/paste. Will stay at Buakhao and will give some reviews on my tr

Went today in the evening, checked out the menu. There was an English guy in there, so asked how the food was--he said 'I dunno, they just opened today, so I'm about to try.'

I came back later (by the way they said they close at 2 am, but the door said they close at 11 pm) and got an Al Pastor taco, 70 baht out the door with a double tortilla.

My verdict: Well. I guess I'm still hopeful. The servers (a bunch of gay guys) said the owner is American.

I'm hopeful. I'll try again. I won't spend 70 baht regularly for what I got. It's still early. It's their first day. I hope they get it right.

I surely hope it is better then the Taco Joint in Jomtien..They have had more then a Year to get it right but still poor results

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I surely hope it is better then the Taco Joint in Jomtien..They have had more then a Year to get it right but still poor results

I go by jomtien place all the time but never stopped there.You said its o.k.....I'm from San Diego and been here 5 months now with no Mexican food.I will go to the one on soi  buakhow tonight.post tomorrow ......this is old tablet and every other word gets changed with spell check

Is the Taco Joint in Jomtien gone? Wanted to try the all u can eat taco tuesday or friday but last time i passed the shop looked empty

Is the Taco Joint in Jomtien gone? Wanted to try the all u can eat taco tuesday or friday but last time i passed the shop looked empty

Closed down last week.

Are you talking about Sunrise Tacos?

Taco house was great..I ate there last night.I got the California burrito w/o fries and sooooo good.a side of there guacamole is also good.it was about half a kilo.a lot of food for 150 baht.

whats the location?

Posted Image

If you go up Soi Honey to Soi Buakow, turn left on Soi Buakow and it's a few dozens of meters on the right side of Soi Buakow.

Edited by expatdude

I was passing by Taco House on the way home with the ribs I bought up the street. I stopped to scope out the Taco House menu out front and see how business was inside. A guy and his gal walked out, and he saw me looking at the menu and nodded his head negatively and gravely. I said to him "not so good huh?" He said "yeah, don't waste your money."

*sigh* That's a worrying sign.

I was passing by Taco House on the way home with the ribs I bought up the street. I stopped to scope out the Taco House menu out front and see how business was inside. A guy and his gal walked out, and he saw me looking at the menu and nodded his head negatively and gravely. I said to him "not so good huh?" He said "yeah, don't waste your money."

*sigh* That's a worrying sign.

Sorry expatdude but these burritos are much better than most ribs...I will be going back many times...

pic of the sign they put outside the other day, but they look like stock pics rather than stuff from the shop.....

march april 26 281_558x600.jpg

took both sides but they are same same

march april 26 282_800x600.jpg

opening times shown as 16.00 to 24. 00

whats the location?

here you go.

soi buakoaw about 5 units south of Pook bar and next to a TT branch and Rich bar

march april 17 249_800x600.jpg

pic of the sign they put outside the other day, but they look like stock pics rather than stuff from the shop.....

attachicon.gifmarch april 26 281_558x600.jpg

took both sides but they are same same

attachicon.gifmarch april 26 282_800x600.jpg

opening times shown as 16.00 to 24. 00

Thx for sharing mate. I love Mexican food 

Thx for sharing mate. I love Mexican food 

no problem.

i have never tried mexican food of any kind so i am in no positon to say if it's good or good value, i just take pics as i walk around !!

I go by jomtien place all the time but never stopped there.You said its o.k.....I'm from San Diego and been here 5 months now with no Mexican food.I will go to the one on soi  buakhow tonight.post tomorrow ......this is old tablet and every other word gets changed with spell check

Try Sues place on Soi 13/4 or give a fellow San Diego guy a try at Tequela Reaf on Soi 7.

The Soi BuKhao - LK Metro area is building up quite a variety of good places to eat at a reasonable price. Taco House  is a recent addition in the Tex Mex category. Popular items (tacos, burritos, quesadillas, chili con carne, nachos, burgers, etc.) are served fast-food style, but are nevertheless tasty and inexpensive.

Remember, too, Taco House serves Tex Mex, which isn't the same as Mexican food.

post-6485-0-52552600-1397300577.jpg

post-6485-0-93031200-1397300585.jpg

Taco house is across the street from the Sawasdee Siam and sandwiched between a currency exchange and a pharmacy. The closet familiar landmark for many would be Pook's Bar.

post-6485-0-04071300-1397302029.jpg

Behind- a classic beef taco with the fixings (75 baht). In front - Tequilla lime grilled chicken taco on a soft flour tortilla (65 baht).

post-6485-0-88149700-1397302081.jpg

post-6485-0-03708000-1397302070.jpg

A classic beef taco without the extras (65 baht).

post-6485-0-48723100-1397300597.jpg

Chili con carne with cornbread (140 baht).

post-6485-0-38634100-1397300548.jpg

For those who don't favor cornbread, the chili con carne can also be served with rice or chips.

post-6485-0-96922500-1397300554.jpg

The mucho grande burrito, rather filling at 190 baht.

post-6485-0-68014000-1397300603.jpg

You have a choice of meats (ground beef, chicken, several types of pork) and rice, beans, salsa fresca (Pico de Gallo), cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

post-6485-0-24794700-1397300607.jpg 

Not a big place - four tables for four, plus a few "counter seats."

post-6485-0-40784800-1397300565.jpg

I do love menus on the wall!

post-6485-0-02631400-1397300560.jpg

Evil
devil.gif 

• Like 2

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg