IGNORED

Anybody try Taco House... Soi Baokow...?

Thanks for the pics Evil.  Looks good.  I will have to try it in August when I'm back.

can somebody from usa please try tacos and burritos at this new place and compare it to usa standarts...I am desperate about tex-mex in pattaya and did not like the food at tequila reef

can somebody from usa please try tacos and burritos at this new place and compare it to usa standarts...I am desperate about tex-mex in pattaya and did not like the food at tequila reef

Happy to.  In three months.  (sigh)

I love Tex Mex though I would love to try some real Mexican. This place looks pretty good and if a board member from California said it was good that means it should be very good by Thailand Mexican food standards. In Australia I have had some good Tex Mex from Taco Bills (not the same as Taco Bell) in Black Rock, Melbourne.

Had a very passable burrito there the other night. Not as good as Guzman y Gomez in Sydney, but good by Pattaya standards.

Having grown up in Southern California; where you can't swing a dead cat with hitting a Mexican, makes me as good as anyone when it comes to judging tasty Mexican food.

First off - NOBODY can cook Mexican food like Mexicans!  The problem with that fact and the truth that Thailand is just too damn far for Mexicans to swim here means that the pickings for "real" Mexican food are slim in Pattaya.

Mike's Mexican restaurant (down the hill on a side soi, off Thraphraya Road - Big YELLOW sign on the east side of Thraphraya road showing where to go..) on the way from South Pattaya to Jomtien is my "go to" place for Mexican food.  Yes, I DO like the fajitas at Tequila Reef.  They also have several other good Mexican dishes in addition to the fajitas at their restaurant (been going there since 2007).  I usually go for Mike's set of a taco (prefer chicken) and an enchilada (beef) with rice and beans.  Good margaritas at Mike's too!

I never did like Sunrise taco - you could tell it was a franchise and the Thai cooks had no idea how to make Mexican food.

Sam's Mexican in Jomtien was OK - ground beef tacos are like Taco Bell (in style and taste).

Rich man Poor man has Mexican food on their menu,  It's OK, but  a notch below Mike's in my opinion (which is worthless).

I had a burrito there recently, and it was pretty bad. Now I know why my Aussie friends don't like Mexican food.

First off - NOBODY can cook Mexican food like Mexicans!  The problem with that fact and the truth that Thailand is just too damn far for Mexicans to swim here means that the pickings for "real" Mexican food are slim in Pattaya.

That's just silly. Anybody who appreciates and understands good Mexican food can cook it if they learn how.

I both tasted mexican food in mexico,san diego,los angeles,miami,new york,chicago.I wish to taste it in texas but unfortunately not had a chance

best mexican food for me is in san diego.And will try Taco House in August

Had a very passable burrito there the other night. Not as good as Guzman y Gomez in Sydney, but good by Pattaya standards.

The Taco House burritos are the best I have had in Pattaya and for 190 Baht it makes them taste even better...

No I doubt they will  be the best you ever had but they are certainly good enough to turn me into a repeat customer... 

Edited by fforest

The Soi BuKhao - LK Metro area is building up quite a variety of good places to eat at a reasonable price. Taco House  is a recent addition in the Tex Mex category. Popular items (tacos, burritos, quesadillas, chili con carne, nachos, burgers, etc.) are served fast-food style, but are nevertheless tasty and inexpensive.

Remember, too, Taco House serves Tex Mex, which isn't the same as Mexican food.

post-6485-0-52552600-1397300577.jpg

post-6485-0-93031200-1397300585.jpg

Taco house is across the street from the Sawasdee Siam and sandwiched between a currency exchange and a pharmacy. The closet familiar landmark for many would be Pook's Bar.

post-6485-0-04071300-1397302029.jpg

Behind- a classic beef taco with the fixings (75 baht). In front - Tequilla lime grilled chicken taco on a soft flour tortilla (65 baht).

post-6485-0-88149700-1397302081.jpg

post-6485-0-03708000-1397302070.jpg

A classic beef taco without the extras (65 baht).

post-6485-0-48723100-1397300597.jpg

Chili con carne with cornbread (140 baht).

post-6485-0-38634100-1397300548.jpg

For those who don't favor cornbread, the chili con carne can also be served with rice or chips.

post-6485-0-96922500-1397300554.jpg

The mucho grande burrito, rather filling at 190 baht.

post-6485-0-68014000-1397300603.jpg

You have a choice of meats (ground beef, chicken, several types of pork) and rice, beans, salsa fresca (Pico de Gallo), cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

post-6485-0-24794700-1397300607.jpg 

Not a big place - four tables for four, plus a few "counter seats."

post-6485-0-40784800-1397300565.jpg

I do love menus on the wall!

post-6485-0-02631400-1397300560.jpg

Evil

devil.gif 

great pics do they deliver?

I tried the Taco Salad, was good for Thailand, i'll go back.

Retired

I'll elaborate. The burrito I had was dry and almost tasteless. The best thing about it was the meat, but other than that, it was boring to the point of being bad. Any sour cream, salsa, guacamole or jalapenos that were supposed to be in there were lost. The rice was bland and needed salt. The beans were undercooked and had an unpleasant, almost crunchy texture.

Their 'salsa bar' is a huge joke. Not a single home made salsa. A salsa bar? Don't make me laugh.  By the end of my burrito, I gave up and just ate the meat out of the thing.

It's not good and at 190 baht, a waste of money. Someone earlier in this thread said he took his burrito home, deconstructed it, added some stuff and it was ok. I could see that being true, but what I had was bland, mediocre food and I won't be going back.

Edited by expatdude

great pics do they deliver?

Yes, phone 038 720 070.

I've eaten Mexican in california and it has been very good I will give this place a try soon.

Having grown up in Southern California; where you can't swing a dead cat with hitting a Mexican

It seems the southern Californians are both cruel to Mexicans and do not have proper respect to the corpses of our feline friends, 

Wont be going there then

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

I just went there today to try it (Monday, May 5th). It wasn't open. There was a sign that said "Low Season - Closed Mondays"

It's been recommended by a friend who is pretty serious about his food. Not exactly up to San Diego standards but it sounds pretty good and has decent prices.

• 2 weeks later...
I go by jomtien place all the time but never stopped there.You said its o.k.....I'm from San Diego and been here 5 months now with no Mexican food.I will go to the one on soi  buakhow tonight.post tomorrow ......this is old tablet and every other word gets changed with spell check[/quote. I ate at sues place yesterday and thought it was good. Its on soi 13/4 and has its own thread.

I go by jomtien place all the time but never stopped there.You said its o.k.....I'm from San Diego and been here 5 months now with no Mexican food.I will go to the one on soi  buakhow tonight.post tomorrow ......this is old tablet and every other word gets changed with spell check[/quote. I ate at sues place yesterday and thought it was good. Its on soi 13/4 and has its own thread.

sue's place was blue parrot last year.And all food was way better 

I just went there today to try it (Monday, May 5th). It wasn't open. There was a sign that said "Low Season - Closed Mondays"

It's been recommended by a friend who is pretty serious about his food. Not exactly up to San Diego standards but it sounds pretty good and has decent prices.

LOL What kind of Mexican restaurant closes on "May 5" (Cinco de Mayo)?? That's the biggest money day of the year for a Mexican restaurant (at least here in the USA).   

I will agree about NOBODY can cook Mexican food like Mexicans!... This new pace looks good, but is empty everytime I pass by.

Saw a new place on Soi Baokow...

Taco House...

Could not tell as I was zipping by if it was fully open or not... 

Have a look at this link:

I stopped in last week and tried some taquitos.  I had two chicken and one beef.  They tasted just "OK".  The Thai cook had no idea how to make taquitos.  I must say he did a decent job on the guacamole though.  I'm from Southern California, so I am tough judge of Mexican eats.

I drove by there last night around 8:30 PM and it appeared "closed".

Candid Hilton Hotel May 2014 016.JPG