Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Anybody try Taco House... Soi Baokow...?

• 4 weeks later...

Ah crap...

Saw the for sale sign today... 

Far superior to the Sunrise Taco crap... I enjoyed it very much...

Will hate to see it go...

They are moving to Central Festival according to their Facebook page

Still open Tuesday-Sunday 1200-2400

I personally did not enjoy the California ? Burrito..

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Yeah, my burrito was bad too. The tacos I tried were poor as well. Two strikes, 300 baht later, you're out.

moving to central means increase at prices...this is not good news...I was looking to try the place in october

Well,  what do you know...  Worried for nothing...

Their facebook page says they are moving to Central...

https://www.facebook.com/tacohousethailand

does Russian like to eat tacos and burritos? 

Edited by Gobby

Even the burritos on the Facebook page don't look good. Way too dry looking. I wish I had looked at that page before I tried their burrito.

Even the burritos on the Facebook page don't look good. Way too dry looking. I wish I had looked at that page before I tried their burrito.

LMAO .now u are just trying to hurt their feelings .

No, I wish they were good. Maybe some of their other things are good, but I just don't want to waste money figuring out what to eat there. I shouldn't have to.

• 2 weeks later...

june 10 118_800x600.jpg

this was the for sale sign that was on the site but strangely by yesterday it had vanished

I'll elaborate. The burrito I had was dry and almost tasteless. The best thing about it was the meat, but other than that, it was boring to the point of being bad. Any sour cream, salsa, guacamole or jalapenos that were supposed to be in there were lost. The rice was bland and needed salt. The beans were undercooked and had an unpleasant, almost crunchy texture.

Their 'salsa bar' is a huge joke. Not a single home made salsa. A salsa bar? Don't make me laugh.  By the end of my burrito, I gave up and just ate the meat out of the thing.

It's not good and at 190 baht, a waste of money. Someone earlier in this thread said he took his burrito home, deconstructed it, added some stuff and it was ok. I could see that being true, but what I had was bland, mediocre food and I won't be going back.

Your comment is spot on.  Except that in the chicken burrito I had you could not have found the meat.  It had a small amount of minced chicken ( I had to search for it) and a large amount of rice. 

I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants in America and Mexico.  I am sorry for people who eat here and think that this is what authentic Mexican food is like.

Edited by Hound
  • Like 2

Big John

Authenticity has it's place, but the first rule is the food has to taste good! This place doesn't even get that right.

Again, I haven't tasted everything they have there, but for me to go twice and order basic things like tacos and a burrito and for them to serve me something so off the mark, it's just flat-out wrong.

Hasta la vista baby.

this morning they were clearing the shop and a banner on the front says building for rent

pic i took......

june 12 091_800x600.jpg

Edited by striderman

I love Tex Mex though I would love to try some real Mexican. This place looks pretty good and if a board member from California said it was good that means it should be very good by Thailand Mexican food standards. In Australia I have had some good Tex Mex from Taco Bills (not the same as Taco Bell) in Black Rock, Melbourne.

I like the Mexican joint in the food court at Southland, Cheltenham.

• 4 weeks later...

all change today at the taco house site with the for rent sale gone and measuring up going on.

safe to assume it will be another venture after the burrito failure............

july 11 035_800x494.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Fu*k me. I read all these posts about the bloody place, getting my hopes up, and it's closed. Never get those 15 minutes back, dammit!

Big Mike.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried the chicken place yesterday: two pieces of chicken for 50 baht (much cheaper than kfc). Good chicken. They had a bunch of different sauces, including garlic sauce, barbecue sauce.

Excellent value: others should try it and weigh in with their opinions. I'm too lazy to start a dedicated thread for the place, but it deserves it.

Hell, I think I may have talked myself into going back tonight.

I tried the chicken place yesterday: two pieces of chicken for 50 baht (much cheaper than kfc). Good chicken. They had a bunch of different sauces, including garlic sauce, barbecue sauce.

Excellent value: others should try it and weigh in with their opinions. I'm too lazy to start a dedicated thread for the place, but it deserves it.

Hell, I think I may have talked myself into going back tonight.

Thanks for the heads up. I will try the chicken, the price is right. It needs it's own thread. 

• 4 years later...

well talk about  bringing up an old thread, this one was last referenced in 2014.

I was talking to a long time ex-pat friend the other day and I mentioned how much I like Taco Taco. He said it was ok, but he preferred Taco House. Did a search and it appears they have relocated into the Dark Side.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacohousepattaya/

I think this is the same owners as the icons on the sign are identical. I respect my firend's opinion, but from what I see Taco House is more Tex Mex and Taco Taco is more toward Mexican. Personally, I prefer the later and the Dark Side is a haul from here.

Anybody familiar with Taco House?