IGNORED

Anybody try Taco House... Soi Baokow...?

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

well talk about  bringing up an old thread, this one was last referenced in 2014.

I was talking to a long time ex-pat friend the other day and I mentioned how much I like Taco Taco. He said it was ok, but he preferred Taco House. Did a search and it appears they have relocated into the Dark Side.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacohousepattaya/

I think this is the same owners as the icons on the sign are identical. I respect my firend's opinion, but from what I see Taco House is more Tex Mex and Taco Taco is more toward Mexican. Personally, I prefer the later and the Dark Side is a haul from here.

Anybody familiar with Taco House?

Have not eaten since they moved to the darkside, which I am surprised you missed as it was discussed quite a bit.

I also have a problem with the owner, who when faced with a fair but negative review of his restaurant on a facebook page, tried to sue the person who wrote it.

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

well talk about  bringing up an old thread, this one was last referenced in 2014.

I was talking to a long time ex-pat friend the other day and I mentioned how much I like Taco Taco. He said it was ok, but he preferred Taco House. Did a search and it appears they have relocated into the Dark Side.

I think this is the same owners as the icons on the sign are identical. I respect my firend's opinion, but from what I see Taco House is more Tex Mex and Taco Taco is more toward Mexican. Personally, I prefer the later and the Dark Side is a haul from here.

I stopped in there a few days ago for a light meal and will be going back for more in the future,  I live on the dark side so when I'm in the mood for Mexican food Pattaya style, it's a shorter drive for me than going to Mike's Mexican.

1 hour ago, Wolf Cat said:

I stopped in there a few days ago for a light meal and will be going back for more in the future,  I live on the dark side so when I'm in the mood for Mexican food Pattaya style, it's a shorter drive for me than going to Mike's Mexican.

Have you tried Taco Taco? IMO it goes beyond Pattaya style Mexican. Evil Penevil reviewed it in I think the under 300 baht thread.

A friend, whos opinion on food I value, lives on Darkside and speaks positively of this place, he has visited several times.

I plan to visit soon.

As regard Taco Taco, good quality but I find portions small.

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Have you tried Taco Taco? IMO it goes beyond Pattaya style Mexican. Evil Penevil reviewed it in I think the under 300 baht thread.

It is very difficult to eat a filling meal at Taco Taco for 300 baht IMO.

3 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Best day to visit is today Tuesday all Taco are 60 Baht each.

But the tacos are so small you can easily eat 8/10 in one sitting but are easily the best in Pattaya.

4 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Best day to visit is today Tuesday all Taco are 60 Baht each.

Even then 4 tacos and a drink (300 baht), and I leave thinking why bother.

And its not about preferring Chunky Monkey style crap at very low prices, but there has to be some sort of balance to make me return.

And at the moment I am sticking with Sue's when I want Mexican.

22 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Try the burrito, it's big.

3 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

300 + baht .... and you know, I want some sides with that, and a drink.

26 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

300 + baht .... and you know, I want some sides with that, and a drink.

damn, your picky. 555

The sides of beans and rice are in the burrito for 300 baht, buy a water for 20 baht you cheap bastard 555 Joke! 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

I had it.....Its ok but not worth 300...For almost 10 dollars I want a modo mega burrito...Nice lady but not 300 baht a burrito nice...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fforest said:

I had it.....Its ok but not worth 300...For almost 10 dollars I want a modo mega burrito...Nice lady but not 300 baht a burrito nice...

Where in Pattaya do I get one of these moda mega burritos?

1 hour ago, WhiteThai said:

Where in Pattaya do I get one of these moda mega burritos?

In America.....And they only cost 7 or 8 dollars....

20 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Hey mate, 

I believe you are correct. There is a Taco House just before Retox Outback on Soi Country Club, so coming form Patts it is a bit of a drive... It always seems busy I drive past on the odd occasion going to retox... Must check it out :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

20 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Larry gave it a good review here: https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/328627-mikes-mexican/?do=findComment&comment=4567148

20 minutes ago, tko said:

Larry gave it a good review here:........

Thanks. Very informative. It does look Tex-Mex to me. I can see why many would prefer it, but Taco Taco more suits my preference for Mexican and I am not a big eater, well I try not to be. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, socrates said:

Taco Taco today - I disagree with "you can eat 8/10" - I am a big eater and 6 was plenty if not one too many

51855817_338334450205212_1625499672468520960_n.jpg

That looks good-how much for the 6?

52 minutes ago, socrates said:

On Taco Tuesday 60 baht each... Normal price 100

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the normal priced tacos are bigger. Also on the regular taco menu you can choose the more authentic choice of soft corn tortillas, which is not an option for Tacos Tuesday tacos. So the Tuesday promotion is largely about getting to try a bunch of different meats.

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kreggerz said:

My understanding is that the normal priced tacos are bigger. Also on the regular taco menu you can choose the more authentic choice of soft corn tortillas, which is not an option for Tacos Tuesday tacos. So the Tuesday promotion is largely about getting to try a bunch of different meats.

You can have soft corn on Taco Tuesday too

1 hour ago, socrates said:

You can have soft corn on Taco Tuesday too

No you can't for 60 baht. Those are flour and they are very small. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Geezo .... it gets worse !

• Haha 2