IGNORED

Bell buses

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

A word of caution.

When the big Bellbus from Suvarnabhumi airport stops at Pattaya bus station, you transfer to a minibus to take you to the door of your hotel.

Check that your suitcase goes into the correct minibus.

Once I went to my hotel alright, but my suitcase was not on the minibus. It had been loaded onto the wrong one and 'vanished'. Took at least two hours to locate and get it back.

See your baggage in your minibus with your own eyes.

Off Topic but after having my case go walkies for 1 week on a trip back to the UK (fortunately it only had a couple of days worth of clothes as I keep everything I need at my parents house a bring it back full of new Trainers/Shorts/Tees etc.. ) & seeing as I only had a 1 hour transit time at AMS on the way back, I bought a (4x) Eufy tracker https://www.eufy.com/products/t87b0011?variant=41983301288122 so was able to see that my case got loaded on to the plane & saw it coming off at BKK. 

I'm an IPhone guy but bought Eufy instead of AppleTags so the GF can use one in her case when she's travelling.  

Edited by Just Browsing

7 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

I'm an IPhone guy but bought Eufy instead of AppleTags so the GF can use one in her case when she's travelling.  

I'm assuming GF does not use Iphone,  I checked the link to Eufy but found the following Q&A. Please ignore if I misunderstood you.

image.png.816c686ea7b54657022ca2e117e40b22.png

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, bangna said:

I'm assuming GF does not use Iphone,  I checked the link to Eufy but found the following Q&A. Please ignore if I misunderstood you.

image.png.816c686ea7b54657022ca2e117e40b22.png

I don't know if that's just the "Card", but I use the "Tracker" device which works with Apple's "Find My" network (Though you can't use "Precise" location like you can with Airtags) & their own "Eufy Security" App (which the GF uses on her Oppo) that relies on other "Eufy Security" users coming within 100-150ft of the device.

It's one of the few devices that does work on both platforms which is why I went for it & I'm hopeful that the recent announcement about their new devices working on Google "Find My Device" will be backward compatible & make coverage even better.

The new devices are available from next month so I would hang on & get one of those if I were buying one today... 

https://www.eufy.com/blogs/smart-tracker/eufy-tracker-works-with-google-find-my-device

Edited by Just Browsing

18 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

I use Nam's Taxi from the Airport more because I don't want to have to wait around for the Bus after >20 hours of travelling but when I use the Bus from Bangkok I book a Bolt as it's pulling into Pattaya Nua Bus Station & it's there within 2-3 minutes, plus it's cheaper (To Wongamat) than the 110B transfer fee with Bell. 

However, when the GF goes to visit family in Hat Yai, she doesn't like travelling long distance in Taxi's on her own so prefers the Bell Pick-Up / Drop-Off service which (touch wood) has worked flawlessly every time. 

I get it, I totally understand why you wouldn't want to wait for the bus. That's a good shout about using Bolt to take you on the last leg of the journey. I've always taken Bell Bus up to now and to be fair the only issues I've faced were partly my fault on my first trip and more recently due to KLM cancelling and rescheduling my flight at short notice. I have a few weeks to think about whether I go with Bell again or book a taxi, whether it be Nam or Sunny or whoever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just been checking their website, and it currently doesn't seem possible to book seats on the bus to Hua Hin from BKK airport  ?

I've tried a dozen dates in the next month ( as the website only normally allows you to book a month in advance), but every date showing nothing ?

Anybody have any current information on that rote  ?

Thanks very much