IGNORED

Best Italian Restaurant

in my last trip I ate a very delicious and reasonably priced sphagetti at MAX in soi13

but  I always prefer eating sphagetti from ladyboy stand at LK Metro.

I find their bolognese dry (LK Metro that is).

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopf is the best Italian for me, plus i do love their home brewed beers, tasty..

Some of their dishes are great but hopf is a rip off ...

Unlike just about everywhere else they charge you vat on top of the menu price and if that's not enough they charge you service tax .... Hey maybe Americans are used to that crap, but I am not AMERICAN ...i hate looking at a menu but not knowing what the real price is because you have to add this and that ....

You have a phone with a a calculator?

Chef Corrado's

At Che intersection on Sukhumvit about 5 km before Sattahip, about 25 km south if Pattaya Klang...

I'll second Chef Corrado's  Well worth the trip if you have wheels.  Just south of the 332 interchange on the left as you head south.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/chef+corrado's+kitchen+sattahip/@12.726862,100.8203435,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x31028e7878e3ff21:0xbc9d0cc15d8b69ad!2m2!1d100.890384!2d12.7268712

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g612389-d9826822-Reviews-Chef_Corrado_s_Kitchen-Sattahip_Chonburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

No but if you start a collection on PA I will ... Lol? My phone is ancient ...one of the first Nokia .... My employer has given me like 8 iPhones over the years but I have them all away to family members ....I just want a phone that phones ...I don't need a mobile Camera, mobile bank, online 24 hours, this , that Ta Ta Ta

...anyhow ,even if I did, why do I have to sit there and do maths equations for half an hour (I'm not very good at maths by the way) ... I know many restaurants that include these things but they just put them in the price and that's the end of the story e price you see is the price you pay ...

...imagine if 7-11 did that... You go in but the price on the shelf is not the price you pay .... Mama Mia it would be a fuck up

I'm not starting a collection for fuck all for you.

You got enough money.

That's why we call you Diamond Walt.

Diamond Walt ... I like that ... Lol!

Yeah,it's cause you are so tight,when you shove chunks of coal in your arse,you pull out diamonds.

Yeah,it's cause you are so tight,when you shove chunks of coal in your arse,you pull out diamonds.

Almost makes me wish I were gay.

in my last trip I ate a very delicious and reasonably priced sphagetti at MAX in soi13

but  I always prefer eating sphagetti from ladyboy stand at LK Metro.

YES.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I do not get the hype around the spagetti at the ladboy at soi diana, bland if you ask me. But they are friendly. 

I like the spagetti at mama mia at Soi 6 and the best pizza I have eat is probably at venzia at LK Metro, but the thai food that I have tested there was a disapoitment. But a good place for a pizza. 

• 6 months later...

Had a great meal at Rinap Restorante and guest house in soi 13/1 opposite On The Beach bar last night with some friends. I had the beef bolognaise while my friends had Margarita pizza and beef ravioli with butter and sage. We all agreed the food was good and tasty without being salty as you get with some places. All meals were under 300baht and the house wine is good for 110 baht.

At the end of the meal we were all given a shot glass of limoncello on the house which we all thought was a good gesture.

Its a nice clean place and staff are friendly and attentive.

We all agreed we would return for anther great meal.   

• 1 month later...

A few weeks ago I had a very good VEGGIE PIZZA in the Restaurant "BELLA ITALIA - 2nd road / near Soi 6".

IMG_4054.JPG

La Bocca in Jomtien is very good

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:23 PM, lecarreblanc said:

but  I always prefer eating sphagetti from Ladyboy stand at LK Metro.

The Italian restaurant Da Max is not on Soi 13, but on Soi 13/2 (Soi Post Office).

Used to be good ... long ago, before they started the beer bar in front.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:08 PM, mavera said:

Hopf is the best Italian for me, plus i do love their home brewed beers, tasty..

It’s not Hopf, but Hops.

Don’t confuse the long s with f.

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, Anto@@@ said:

if you wanna try a really good italian restaurant ,try this

http://www.pattayatouristguide.com/2016/02/grottino-pizzeria-naklua-pattaya.html

I do know the hotel-restaurant Grottino in Bangkok, but it is Swiss owned.

They also have a tea room in Pattaya off Pattayatai.

17 minutes ago, starfucks said:

It’s not Hopf, but Hops.

Don’t confuse the long s with f.

they changed the name slightly about 7 months ago

1 minute ago, Anto@@@ said:

for me this year the best is La costa by L'Italiano soi 12 beach rd

attached to LK Empress hotel

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:33 AM, striderman said:

they changed the name slightly about 7 months ago

They didn’t “change” the name at all.

They changed the character type to avoid that people misread.

Just because you don’t know what a log s (ſ) is, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

In the past it also was used in English.

“ſ” is not the same as “f”.

Just flipped through the thread. I was surprised to see no mention of Gian's in Jomtien. If you are looking for a traditional more Sicilian-American dish dripping in cheese and Marinara Sauce, this is not your place.

I have been to La Boca as well and am partial to Gian's. It's in Jomtien on Thappraya next to Bruno's and across the street from Pan Pan.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gians/437863342946979

Scallopini Marsala

59a6a6adc9539_GiansScaloppineMarsala.thumb.JPG.ab4a1c8abd3166e811524a6618c0570b.JPG

sorry -did not remember to take the pic, before I started munching - It smelled and looked that good. :)

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Just flipped through the thread. I was surprised to see no mention of Gian's in Jomtien. If you are looking for a traditional more Sicilian-American dish dripping in cheese and Marinara Sauce, this is not your place.

I have been to La Boca as well and am partial to Gian's. It's in Jomtien on Thappraya next to Bruno's and across the street from Pan Pan.

Did you pick the tomato based sauce to go with the pasta? Or was the menu set that way?

Seems a strange combination to me, mixing the veal and mushroom with the tomato. 

Archived